Javfly33

Here's why is impossible to be "bored" or craving artificial stimulation if you Awake

265 posts in this topic

By the way, there is no such thing as be an awakened person, there is access to awakened states. if you are awake, you are awake, if you are asleep, you are asleep, now. 

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

What did you not understand about what I said? I can clarify.

LoL ? ? that was brilliant.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You have a way with words.  You're sounding more like @Nahmeveryday.   Not necessarily a bad thing but maybe be careful you don't become him.  Not with this post but just the general vibe I'm getting.

Didn't Nahm start sounding incoherent and incomprehensible? I read some of his old posts and couldn't even understand him at a certain point.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Didn't Nahm start sounding incoherent and incomprehensible? I read some of his old posts and couldn't even understand him at a certain point.

I'm not even sure he understood his own posts after a certain point.  But then again, in his eyes there isn't a self to understand anything  so I guess it was okay.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

LoL ? ? that was brilliant.

Yeah but forreal doe, what did you not understand? :ph34r:

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

oh... I don't mind not being awake. I am too busy living in paradise by my own estimation. Thanks for the test. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

10 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

Which test you're talking about ?

The test below.  To be honest, I don't know what awake is and I am quite happy not to know. At the same time. I am happy Knowing. 

On 8/11/2023 at 0:43 PM, Javfly33 said:

If you are actually AWAKE, and you find yourself a Tuesday evening at 10PM on your house alone, there's no fucking way there is a need or a craving to seek stimulation or "entertainment" through a screen, talking to someone, watching a dumb YouTube video, etc...

Why? Well, if you are actually deeply Awake and Conscious, just the mere phenomena of being ALIVE, of watching "dumb" objects appearing in front of you (a wall, a chair, a kitchen sink), hearing noises outside your home like dogs barking, traffic, etc...all of this becomes just deeply interesting on its own.

Why? Because life is not anymore a dumb object. You are inside a wonderful marvelous creation, and you are AWAKE. You are in AWE just by the mere fact that you are conscious of Consciousness. Everything becomes mystical... everything. Just the act of breathing and existing becomes a completely enchanting phenomena to be conscious. Everything seems magical, because it is. And you can not fucking get tired of it. 

So there you go. The great test to "measure" your awakeness. Fast and easy. Know today how awake you are.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

To be honest, I don't know what awake is

Noone "knows" what awake is. It's not something to know, it is something to be. So all of this "being awake means this and that" is in the end just a load of BS.

Talking about awakening is like dancing about architecture.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Noone "knows" what awake is. It's not something to know, it is something to be. So all of this "being awake means this and that" is in the end just a load of BS.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

4 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You don't know until it happens. Awakening is not knowing that you are god and stuff, it is letting yourself go into nothingness, completely opening your heart and mind to the unfathomable emptiness of existence, to the now, letting go of any human greed, such as the need to know, and settle in the now, that is the infinity. is, as has always been said, the end of suffering. 

It's obvious, if reality is infinite, what is the difference between less deep or more deep? It's only one Depth, the infinite. And infinity=nothing. When you let go your need of understanding you understand everything, 

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

When you let go your need of understanding you understand everything, 

??

You're conflating consciousness with the way you live and with emotions, which are relative.

Enlightenment doesn't change anything.

Examples of awakened individuals doing silly (and human) things abound. Because they still have to act like a person. Nissargadatta smoked, zen warriors killed people, etc.

You could be enlightened and stream games. And certainly get bored, angry, jealous, etc.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao

Didn't you get the memo? Nissargadatta was not AWAAAAAAAAKE! :P

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Emotions are relative.

What can be done prior to absolute consciousness can be done after it.

"Humans" still operate as such.

12734196_10153904861129631_3017926001010823784_n.jpg

Ramana curious about how the world was being governed.

Edited by UnbornTao

To me It makes sense that the ability to get bored is heavily tied with someone's personality, so If I was a 18 year old teenager with no job straight out of high school who's personality is also prone to almost chronic levels of boredom. Would awakening just completely flip my boredom upside down? In other words change my personality.

So there's a clearer question you should be asking yourself, does awakening have the ability to change my personality by 360 degrees? 

I don't know what awakening is nor am I interested in answering this for myself.

Edited by MarkKol

6 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

To me It makes sense that the ability to get bored is heavily tied with someone's personality, so If I was a 18 year old teenager with no job straight out of high school who's personality is also prone to almost chronic levels of boredom. Would awakening just completely flip my boredom upside down? In other words change my personality.

So there's a clearer question you should be asking yourself, Does awakening have the ability to change my personality by 360 degrees? 

I don't know what awakening is nor am I interested in answering this for myself.

Yep. Awakening literally changes your brain.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I want to apologise for the tone of my last message the other day, not my best forms. Some times I take this things very emotional. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

15 hours ago, MarkKol said:

So there's a clearer question you should be asking yourself, Does awakening have the ability to change my personality by 360 degrees? 

No. Enlightenment doesn't change anything. It reveals what already is the case. It's not an attainment. And it certainly won't transform you -- this is a separate matter, which btw is aided by awakening but is a fundamentally different pursuit.

Whatever change can occur in the brain after awakening will always be a side effect and relative, and ultimately is not important. Realizing the absolute is. Similar to waking up in a dream, that doesn't improve the character in the dream. Or some such.

Edited by UnbornTao

8 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

No. Enlightenment doesn't change anything. It reveals what already is the case. It's not an attainment. And it certainly won't transform you -- 

So it's a conceptual trophy? @UnbornTao because if it does not transform you or give you any ability to be or exist in a different matter, then what is the point of doing it in the first place?

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.