KatiesKarma

Psychosis and its relation to the Godhead (in my case)

69 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Second-generation (atypical) antipsychotics are good for apathy, Did you try any of them?

wtf

How it is possible ? Have you tried ?

The devil is in the details.

1 minute ago, Schizophonia said:

wtf

How it is possible ? Have you tried ?

I read medical literature.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

6 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

No.

All that will show you is exactly what I said.  Delete bad habits, add good habits.

If it didn't work (noticeable improvement) that means you didn't go far enough with it.

Ultimately, DP is rumination.  You need to constantly be doing things that keep you present and grounded.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and describe your day in detail and I will explain why it's not working.

Well I didn't do it the hardcore way you are right. 

Right now in this moment, my daily life is pure chaos haha. literally every day is different, no sleep schedule I get up at random times and what I enjoy most is being on my phone all day etc 

It's not hard to fix so what habits are the best I would think of getting up at 8am, reading for an hour, exercise for an hour, journal, socialize.. maybe play some guitar...

Edit: ok it would be tedious to truly maintain such a routine. 

Edited by KatiesKarma

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I read medical literature.

So I highly assume it's basically some 5HT2 receptor antagonists.

The devil is in the details.

1 minute ago, KatiesKarma said:

Well I didn't do it the hardcore way you are right. 

Right now in this moment, my daily life is pure chaos haha. literally every day is different, no sleep schedule I get up at random times and what I enjoy most is being on my phone all day etc 

It's not hard to fix so what habits are the best I would think of getting up at 8am, reading for an hour, exercise for an hour, journal, socialize.. maybe play some guitar...

Being on the phone all day is LITERALLY THE WORST THING if you have DP.  You want to minimize that.

Those are good goals, but also add in all the self-care stuff I mentioned above as well as cooking healthy meals for yourself, cleaning up regularly, etc.

Basically a schedule that communicates to you "I am a worthy, capable and productive individual."

14 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Basically a schedule that communicates to you "I am a worthy, capable and productive individual."

I should add "orderly" to that.

Just wanted to give an update: my perception is changing right now. I feel more real than usually. Reasons and whether or not it's good or bad I don't know as of now.

I feel a bit high and like everything is a joke

Edited by KatiesKarma

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

From my own experience of having intrusive thoughts: Your mind speaks louder when you don't listen to your heart. Think of a little child. That child wants your attention, but you only give it attention when it messes up. When it goes to school and it does its homework you don't pay attention to it. But if it gets into fights and gets bad grades you pay attention, even if it's by yelling at the child. You're instilling this behavior in that child.

Similarly, think of a little child within you. You've, and I'm guessing so from my own personal experience, probably been ignoring this inner child whenever you were feeling good. These intrusive thoughts are your inner child putting on a scary costume to scare the living hell out of you, because that's the only time you pay attention to it. It could literally take on the form of a demon just to get your attention.

So chances are that you've been ignoring your feelings for far too long. You've pushed them down into the subconscious mind and now you're wondering why it generates such thoughts.

What you need to do is fix the relationship with this inner child. Start paying attention to it in ways your parents might not have been able to, especially when you're not suffering, because it's easy to pay attention to something that causes you suffering. This is a long and complicated journey. There are a lot of resources on this online, some therapists might help you with it. Read more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_child

Yes, this makes sense.