JJfromSwitzerland

Is Elon Musk racist?

9 posts in this topic

@Sucuk Ekmek Yes, but he also made some statements which sound like alt-right propaganda. He made statements along the lines that there is a  genocide against white South Africans which isn't true obviously

Leo's Razor: Don't attribute to racism what can be attributed to assholery.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Shutting down offices in Ghana wouldn't make you racist tbh, it would be quite unlikely that a publicly listed business that has gotten to the stage would make a decision like this based on race, its a ridiculous idea in fact, there would have to be some business basis. 

I don't know exactly what he said about white South Africans so I can't comment. There are some incidents with the farmers getting backlash but that's quite a complex subject that is to do with race but has a lot of components to it. 

Are any direct quotes that you would consider racist?

He got rid of 80% of his staff, he's massively downsizing. I would say it's more along those lines instead of racism.

@JJfromSwitzerland

2 hours ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

@Sucuk Ekmek Yes, but he also made some statements which sound like alt-right propaganda. He made statements along the lines that there is a  genocide against white South Africans which isn't true obviously

No, Elon Musk isn't being a blatant racist, but a blatant rich narcissist downsizing his Twitter, that's all. You are mistaking ruthlessness in marketing and business for racism.

3 hours ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

I don't know, I don't check or follow popular figures. 

You can't be racist if you going to identifify yourself with millions of money. This is not how game works. There is no meaning attached to race in that game.

Racism is out there for socioeconomic status. 

It's actually a bad thing these guys can't be racist LoL...