KatiesKarma

Someone please talk Christianity out of me.

287 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura God is a separate issue from religion. 

i'm not talking here about god but about religion. like for example understanding god won't make you understand the history of nazism. 

to understand nazism you have to study nazism. well same applies to religion here. i'm talking more about the history, the tradition, the architecture, the culture... not really god. of course god is only accessed through mystical realization, but you know religion as i described it above is still valuable to study. 

Personally I enjoy studying history purely for its own sake.

If you want to study religion as a historical, cultural phenomenon I got not issue with that. But a problem arises if that kind of study is confused with spiritual progress. It can easily become a distraction, as it does for most religious people.

but again i could be deluded, it's hard to prioritize in this work. on the one hand i can't follow you exclusively, i need to look at other sources, on the other hand i don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. it's a hard balance to find. 

Sure, look at other sources. I recommend modern sources over ancient ones because the ancient ones are so obscure.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

So why is there anything wrong with me going to a church? I went to see if our comments about the Church are valid and from my perspective we actually rail too hard on the forums against the Christian Church.

Do whatever you want but I cannot endorse organized religion or the Christian church. It creates too much delusion in my view.

---------

Look, in the end you guys do spirituality however you feel like. I advance a certain set of teachings and values which are not going to suit everyone. I advance them because I find them to be very powerful and novel. This comes with certain tradeoffs and costs.

If you want to stand on your head while screaming the name of Jesus Christ as your spiritual practice, what am I supposed to say to that? Is it wrong? Should you do it?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But a problem arises if that kind of study is confused with spiritual progress. It can easily become a distraction, as it does for most religious people.

@Leo Gura actually it can be a form of spiritual progress because it expands your worldview, makes you discover a new fresh perspective, and makes it easier to interconnect with other material. Islam is a very rich traditions, with many philosophers and so forth. plus understanding islam will makes it easier to understand chrisitianity, judaism and other things since they're related. plus understanding the quran will makes it easier to understand islamic history since the book was so core to the religion. 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, look at other sources. I recommend modern sources over ancient ones because the ancient ones are so obscure.

yeah but when it comes to the holy books of hinduism, central books like this are a must read, because they're just so influential that they affected the worldview and culture and behavior of so many people, that integrating them will make it easier to understand all of hinduism.

Edited by Majed

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Lol when did I say it was? I have already awakened to Love, To Beauty, To Authority, and to Absolute Solipsism. So why is there anything wrong with me going to a church? I went to see if our comments about the Church are valid and from my perspective we actually rail too hard on the forums against the Christian Church.

When I was there the same presence I feel when I get my awakenings was there. Churches are lower developmental avenues for those on the Spiritual Path to experience the Absolute. They don't get a direct experience, it's indirect but it's a start.

Problem would be if you're stuck with that lower paradigm of always attuning yourself to the church practices and never wanting to try higher consciousness at all. It's like a body builder who goes to the gym simply to flex his muscles and no longer focuses on its benefits for health. It stops being a growth curve. You're only focused on muscles to the point you don't try running or other forms of beneficial exercises. When you make religion your guide and stick to it for too long, it can make you a religious fanatic or zealot and do the opposite - it can hinder your growth versus advance it, as is seen with traditional religious folks in many countries, they are stuck to their books and phrases, and they kinda become neurotic over time, it's a recipe for distress, because there's no creativity there, it stifles the mind, can even make you miserable, stuck up and dogmatic, you'll see this a lot with pastors from all religions, they seriously get too stuck and dogmatic. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

@Majed Do whatever you want. But if you want my opinion, I consider all of that games, unrelated to what I pursue in my spiritual work.

My focus is on helping guide people to extremy profound and rare understanding of reality. That is my bias. If you are looking for something else then you will have lots of disagreements with things I say.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura how do you reach those extremely profound and rare understandings of reality ?

24 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura how do you reach those extremely profound and rare understandings of reality ?

Basically, question everything and psychedelics. My job is to help people question deeply.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura yeah contemplation, meditation, psychedelics are important. but isn't education also part of the process ? 

like learning about history, science, religion, psychology, sociology, philosophy, political science, economics...

can you do it just through questioning and psychedelics without education ? 

Edited by Majed

Psychedelics are being over hyped and the hype is only going to get bigger now that the capitalists are having multicolored shamanic visions of dollar signs.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

3 hours ago, Majed said:

but isn't education also part of the process ?

It plays a part. You don't need my blessing to educate yourself.

Edited by Leo Gura

What if I told you Jesus is alive and teaching people in person? Literally. It would blow my mind for sure. If you think that's bizzare, then you should hear the story of this guy. To destroy everything you think you know about life and christianity irrevocably.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Personally I enjoy studying history purely for its own sake.

If you want to study religion as a historical, cultural phenomenon I got not issue with that. But a problem arises if that kind of study is confused with spiritual progress. It can easily become a distraction, as it does for most religious people.

Do whatever you want but I cannot endorse organized religion or the Christian church. It creates too much delusion in my view.

---------

Look, in the end you guys do spirituality however you feel like. I advance a certain set of teachings and values which are not going to suit everyone. I advance them because I find them to be very powerful and novel. This comes with certain tradeoffs and costs.

If you want to stand on your head while screaming the name of Jesus Christ as your spiritual practice, what am I supposed to say to that? Is it wrong? Should you do it?

Lmao Leo ahaha

6 hours ago, itsadistraction said:

I have looked into this a lot and I have found that Christianity only has any merit if Jesus rose from the dead. If he didn't rise from the dead then Christianity is a bunch of stories. The evidence we have for him rising from the dead is by supposed interviews with 40 eyewitnesses about 2,000 years ago and decades after the supposed "resurrection". This is simply not enough reason to believe something. 

its nothing to do with death, jesus likely didnt die on a cross, what is being communicated is ego death, jesus woke up after tending his wounds, read the links i posted, he is showing people how to die to self so you might realize your true nature, read Robert's The Real Christ

here is some of Robert's perspective courtesy of chat-gpt:

Bernadette Roberts regards Jesus as an exemplar of the transformative spiritual journey, emphasizing his teachings and experiences as a model for individual self-discovery and union with the divine.

In her writings, Roberts highlights the significance of Jesus' life as an illustration of the potential for ego transcendence, emphasizing his radical self-surrender and identification with the divine will.

She interprets the crucifixion of Jesus as a symbol of the ego's crucifixion, where one's attachments, desires, and false identifications are willingly sacrificed in pursuit of deeper spiritual realization.

Roberts views Jesus' resurrection as a profound event that signifies the possibility of transcending the limitations of the egoic self and experiencing a rebirth into a higher, more authentic mode of existence.

She underscores the importance of personal, direct experience and inner transformation, suggesting that Jesus' life and teachings invite individuals to embark on a similar journey of inner exploration and self-realization.

Roberts offers a unique perspective on Jesus' teachings, seeing them as pointing towards a state of consciousness beyond the ordinary egoic perception, encouraging followers to move beyond superficial religiosity.

She highlights Jesus' emphasis on the Kingdom of Heaven within, suggesting that his teachings call for a shift in focus from external rituals to an inward journey of self-discovery and communion with the divine.

Roberts suggests that Jesus' intimate relationship with God exemplifies the potential for direct and unmediated union with the divine presence, emphasizing a personal and immediate connection with the sacred.

She explores the idea that Jesus' life represents a radical transformation from a human perspective to a divine identity, illustrating the possibility of realizing one's true nature beyond the confines of the ego.

Roberts encourages readers to engage with Jesus' story as a metaphorical and experiential guide for the spiritual journey, offering insights into the profound shifts and realizations that can unfold when the ego is transcended.

read all the holy books so you know what everyone else is thinking and you can engage them in conversation

meditation in the beginning is about cutting existence to no thing to no self to no mind to no experience, staring at a blank wall; mind hates this and won't let you do it for long so instead go read some books

this is my second language and I didn't read all comments, but if you again get stuck in psychosis, just remember did God "create" Satan or did Satan created God, who is more powerful? he's just fallen angel nothing more, God rules everything. And yes you are deep in stage Blue where you literally comprehend Bible and that is pure poison for the mind......baby steps....

26 minutes ago, blackchair said:

this is my second language and I didn't read all comments, but if you again get stuck in psychosis, just remember did God "create" Satan or did Satan created God, who is more powerful? he's just fallen angel nothing more, God rules everything. And yes you are deep in stage Blue where you literally comprehend Bible and that is pure poison for the mind......baby steps....

@gettoefl @blackchair my Psychosis contained the idea that Satan literally killed God and we would all go to hell lol it was so dumb yet so real

But in the end it was too dumb to be true hence my existence on this page. I don't know what stage I am now at but I am pretty convinced that everything that's exists is God

@gettoefl @gettoefl I really don't feel like reading these things. Maybe one day if I am stuck on a 8 hour long train journey and randomly brought my bible with me.

What does Bernadette say about Satan and sin? Empty conceptual lies?

10 hours ago, integral said:

I agree with what you said but you took what i said out of context. I did not say well look your just irrational get over it. I pointed to santa claus to explain where her epistemology came from, the origin of her belief during the conformity years of her development. 

I agree with your first comment, I think it just brought to mind how some folks view Christian beliefs, I didn't mean to misconstrue your views. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

5 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

@gettoefl @gettoefl I really don't feel like reading these things. Maybe one day if I am stuck on a 8 hour long train journey and randomly brought my bible with me.

What does Bernadette say about Satan and sin? Empty conceptual lies?

i suggest for basic stuff to ask chat-gpt so you are more on her frequency ... there is one yt vid of her but until you are familiar with her it wion't make sense ... her autobiography detailing the 1st 20 years of her life and all the awakenings and disasters that took place is an easy and fascinating starting point

https://ia601904.us.archive.org/20/items/roberts.contemplative-autobiography-of-the-early-years/roberts.contemplative-autobiography-of-the-early-years.pdf

Bernadette Roberts does not seem to extensively focus on or discuss the concept of Satan in her writings. Her work primarily revolves around themes such as ego transcendence, mystical experiences, self-realization, and the journey towards union with the divine. The concept of Satan, as traditionally understood in religious contexts, may not play a central role in her philosophical and spiritual explorations.

It's important to note that Roberts' writings are more focused on personal experiences, inner transformations, and the nature of consciousness, rather than traditional theological concepts. As such, her views on Satan, if she has explicitly expressed them, may not be a significant aspect of her work.

- chat-gpt

19 hours ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

Churches are concerts with band-aided lectures, helping those who are insecure to feel better.

Churches are concerts with lectures that lack the depth found in non-duality that perfectly suits the developmental level of those who reside there. I found authenticity in the Church, they are egos who are full of fear, but at their level still desire truth and love. They are just not ready to challenge everything they have been told. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

14 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Problem would be if you're stuck with that lower paradigm of always attuning yourself to the church practices and never wanting to try higher consciousness at all. It's like a body builder who goes to the gym simply to flex his muscles and no longer focuses on its benefits for health. It stops being a growth curve. You're only focused on muscles to the point you don't try running or other forms of beneficial exercises. When you make religion your guide and stick to it for too long, it can make you a religious fanatic or zealot and do the opposite - it can hinder your growth versus advance it, as is seen with traditional religious folks in many countries, they are stuck to their books and phrases, and they kinda become neurotic over time, it's a recipe for distress, because there's no creativity there, it stifles the mind, can even make you miserable, stuck up and dogmatic, you'll see this a lot with pastors from all religions, they seriously get too stuck and dogmatic. 

And there you and Leo go. What is up with all this fear, you guys need to let this fear go. THERE IS NO HARM in visiting a Christian Church. Stop with all this is the problem would be if you're stuck nonsense. In the words of Ram Dass EVERYTHING IS A TRAP on the path of Spirituality. I proclaim that if anyone on the forums engages in demonization of any Spiritual Practice you are just rooted in fear, and you need to check yourself. 

Think about this...WHO DO YOU THINK CREATED THE CHRISITIAN CHURCH? It didn't pop out of nowhere. Who created the BIBLE? I AM CREATED ALL OF IT!!! So stop with all these be careful warnings. There is enough information on this site for people to understand that the Christian Church does not have a direct experience with God or correct understanding. But think about this....without the Church and other religions what would be the gateway for anyone to advance Spiritually? The Churches actually provide a strong foundation, you just have to leave them eventually to find the truth.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.