KatiesKarma

Someone please talk Christianity out of me.

287 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is not an idea. God is consciousness itself.

I understand.  I'm saying only religion calls 'what is ' by the name 'God'. And only the esoteric sects . Science (and humans colloquially call it reality ).

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

2 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura hey leo, is it normal you say that god is somehow the biggest realization, whereas for me i just contemplate and instantly have insights into god? 

in fact the first time i watched your video, before even having done any spiritual work, just watching your video on what is god, i had an realization into god and felt blissful

Not normal but possible. But even so, what you had was probably pretty weak compared to what I am pointing to.

There are many, many degrees of consciousness of God. What I am pointing to is such a massive realization of God that it will knock you off your feet.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

I recently went to a Christian Church, and I felt a genuine connection. Even though the Churches do not hold a non-distorted version of truth they are authentically searching on how to be more loving. It was fun, to be around people who have a desire to come together and worship and sing about love.

Churches are concerts with band-aided lectures, helping those who are insecure to feel better.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

15 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

right, but why such a complicated story? Why does God purposely keep himself unconscious?

God goes towards self-awareness, he does not hide himself on purpose, he hides himself because he cannot at the same time be a rat with a rat's life and be aware of infinity, and he wants to be a rat, a worm, etc, because all is evolution, god is creating itself as reality in that way.  we are aiming for higher consciousness because it is where reality points , if not it would be impossible

@Breakingthewall Be careful not to invent more stories and narratives. 

Self, selfish, selfless. Experience each then report back.

• Feminist 

7 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

careful not to invent more stories and narratives. 

I'm not inventing or doing mental processes, just observing myself and drawing conclusions. 

He is so selfless and infinite that it allows everything to be possible and to exist, in many different ways. This is extremely simple to grasp.

Thats your narrative, that is the most widespread. It is exactly what leo says: God is infinitely selfless and allows everything. i say: bullshit. God is selfish and only allows what serves a purpose. the divine work has a definite direction

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I'm not inventing or doing mental processes, just observing myself and drawing conclusions. 

Thats your narrative, that is the most widespread. It is exactly what leo says: God is infinitely selfless and allows everything. i say: bullshit. God is selfish and only allows what serves a purpose. the divine work has a definite direction

And why is God selfish? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

All explanations are stories which are half-true and half-false.

• Feminist 

2 minutes ago, Bandman said:

@Leo Gura however do you think the monotheistic religions’ one God, did those prophets realize that there is only 1 consciousness, 1 source, 1 unity? I think thats what those prophets realized and tried to convene to their people. Ofc not awakening but oneness is still a fundamental truth about reality that many people dont realize.

”Say, he is God, the Only.

God, the Eternal Source.

He does not beget nor is he begotten,

and there isn’t anything like him”

-Quran surah Ikhlas

Of course many people throughout time have had experiences of God and insight into God. But what I keep stressing to you guys is how many degrees and even kinds of this there are. It all comes down to a question of depth and completeness of your realization.

@Leo Gura btw leo, is it useful to read the sacred texts of hinduism, buddhism. or the torah, the bible, tao te ching and the quran or is it a distraction? 

btw have you read them ? 

Edited by Majed

1 minute ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura btw leo, is it useful to read the sacred texts of hinduism, buddhism. or the torah, the bible, tae te ching and the quran or is it a distraction? 

btw have you read them ? 

Absolutely try it. 

19 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

God was selfish he wouldn't give you the right to speak freely. Or, allow you to interact with other species

Saying that I see that your understanding about reality is low.

19 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

And why is God selfish? 

Infinitely selfish because is infinite will. reality is not chaos, it is perfect order, a tendency towards more complexity, more conciousness, more creativity. beauty, dance. God seeks love with infinite selfishness because it's is in love with itself

Edited by Breakingthewall

Books are bootcamp for serious psychedelic awakenings, awakenings which are the byproduct of actualized theory.

Reality is purposeless in the sense that there is no objective external purpose.

• Feminist 

15 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura btw leo, is it useful to read the sacred texts of hinduism, buddhism. or the torah, the bible, tae te ching and the quran or is it a distraction? 

btw have you read them ? 

Useful towards what end? There are many different uses you could get. But as far as becoming directly and deeply conscious of yourself as God, I would say it's a distraction. Maybe the biggest use might be motivation to do serious practice.

On the whole, you will never understand God from reading those books. In fact, you are more likely to misunderstand God that way.

I have read parts of them. But really it's a waste of time for me when I could turn directly to God.

Why does God need to read a book about God by people who cannot even speak clearly about God?

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Useful towards what end? There are many different uses you could get. But as far as becoming directly and deeply conscious of yourself as God, I would say it's a distraction. Maybe the biggest use might be motivation to do serious practice.

You will never understand God from reading those books. In fact, you are more likely to misunderstand God that way.

It's not that bad for a beginner. 

Reality has absolutely no purpose.

if reality had no purpose, it would be an undifferentiated infinite hole. open yourself completely to what reality is and you will see what it is: a dance of love. reality is the glory of existence loving itself and for this it manifests itself exactly as it does. It is not a game or a hoax, it is love flowing from infinity, dancing with itself.

@Leo Gura maybe just for educational purposes ? in order to make better sense of people's worldviews and explore diverse perspectives, as well as helping you develop big picture understanding. 

because it's impossible to make sense of islam for example, properly without reading the quran to understand what these people believe and also the original insights within the book. 

Edited by Majed

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

if reality had no purpose, it would be an undifferentiated infinite hole. open yourself completely to what reality is and you will see what it is: a dance of love. reality is the glory of existence loving itself and for this it manifests itself exactly as it does. It is not a game or a hoax, it is love flowing from infinity, dancing with itself.

And reality is brutal. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

And reality is brutal. Lol. 

Yeah, reality is the maximum wonder, the ultimate glory, the bottomless life