Someone here

The problem of evil according to the Quran

24 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I just had pest control come over our house today. I’m so happy we murdered those damn pests.

Your action was evil. You taking pride in your selfish act to end another life form is also evil.

I bet aliens could say the same thing about the human race in that we are just pests and pollutants to the earth that need to be exterminated.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

On 8/1/2023 at 0:55 PM, Ayham said:

I think there could be two opinions about the why of evil 

1. If you are good without your free will, you are not truly good because you don't have any other choice, freewill is what distinguishes real good from real evil, and this applies to everything like, you can't be non violent if you aren't capable of violence or if you are weak, etc.

2. I like this one more, basically the idea is that evil is a human projection, there's nothing that says killing is evil, or rape, or assault, or harm, or whatever, we created these ideas of good and evil, which is good since it helps us at a human level, but at an absolute level, it's just an illusion and everything is neutral (neither good or evil) 

This teaching needs to be updated. Evil and Good are only aspects of lower states of consciousness. The reason that the absolute does not know what evil is, is a result of the state of consciousness of the Absolute. At that level evil cannot even be experienced. For evil to exist as an experience your consciousness has to be sufficiently lowered for you to even know evil.

Basically its impossible for God to be evil, because evil can only exist when resistance to what is happens which can only happen at states of consciousness where pain and suffering can exist.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 8/2/2023 at 0:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

For most people yes.

For a minority of people their suffering is so bad that perhaps death is better. But this is a small minority. Suffering very much depends on environmental factors that you cannot control. And some people are just very unlucky to be born at the wrong time and the wrong place.

The idea that suffering is just all in the mind is hogwash. This is said by lucky people who never truly experienced bad luck, like getting hit by a bus. Luck and external conditions matter very much. Even just your genetic luck plays a huge role. You could have been born with some horrible chronic disease through no fault of your own and with no cure.

But these are rare exceptions. Aside from this bad luck, suffering is very beneficial for your development and survival. Which is why it exists.

I don't even think luck exists anymore. I've tested certain things and life seems to plan and organize each life process while allowing some wiggle room.  Basically what I am realizing is that video you did on how your mind is running your life is so crazy on how true it is its scary. Literally...your mind can change outcomes in your life, change events in your life and force certain things to be experienced.

So we have taught that God doesn't use force but that would be to put a limitation on God so I recently learned that God uses force but on behalf of you. Its confusing but I'll explain. So your mind is deep tapestry as you have said in the past but its a deep tapestry of desires to experience and grow in conscious awareness. As a result you have many competing interests and your mind's job is to figure out how to give you all the experiences you desire to raise your consciousness in a way that you can handle. 

One of the ways it does this is through manipulating your ability to experience pain, but not just that it also alters your visual experience to protect you from visual bias. My recent research into Spirituality concluded that the strongest bias in the human condition is visual bias. When someone stabs you for instance you suffer more pain in the seeing visual expressions of damage versus the actual sensory experience. In fact the cause of trauma is from the visual experience more so than how it felt physically.

Why? Because there is a deep emotional attachment to the visual component especially when it comes to your body. The largest part of our selfishness comes from a desire to maintain visual appearances. You can see that be expressed by how we have built and maintained social order everything is about keeping up with the visual appearance over the actual substance.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.