Huegeleisen

How would you define the value “Intimacy”?

3 posts in this topic

So I’m having trouble to find a tangible definition on “Intimacy”. Mine is so far: “I have a gf who I see 3 times per week. I work on becoming a better boyfriend.” 
And to live this value fully I wrote down:

I have a girlfriend with whom I live together most of the time. I can say that I am fulfilled by this relationship. I read or consume at least 3 books or courses per year on relationships and sexuality. … (basically other tangible actions like trips and having sex x times per week follow)

But I really have trouble to define it in a more tangible way and this definition doesn’t feel right since I find it hard to measure it and it is more of a feeling for me that I would share with someone. 
Also I have trouble putting this into words.

Could you provide some inspiration for me?

I feel a bit lost with that one…

The word means, to make known. Or innermost. 

This means that you have so much admiration that you admire the positives and negatives with infinite intensity. This means that you love the negatives of a person just as much as the positives. Even more... 

Ideally, with highest levels you can love a person being a complete bitch and breaking your most valuable possessions (like and x-box/PlayStation, mobile device) with the same amount of passion and love as getting a blowjob. 

Obviously, there are levels to intimacy. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Intimacy is not a checklist where you meet X times per week or have sex Y times. It is very mechanical if this is how you understand it. Rather it is what happens in the time when you two meet and how do you express your most inner life/feelings to each other and accept each others vulnerablility.