Someone here

Accept God in its all gory details

85 posts in this topic

This post reads like Dante's Inferno ?

Edited by itsadistraction

On 7/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, Someone here said:

The purpose of life is simply to be absolutely open to absolutely everything. To have unconditional acceptance and love for literally everything within reality . Even if you find yourself stuck in a hell chamber filled with boiling lava and you get to be there forever.  You must love that .

Three things that come to mind:

1. It’s wise to face fears in a strategic manner. Facing fears in a rash manner is not strategic and can only lead you more confused in the long run.

2. Unconditional love and acceptance for everything doesn’t mean that you let people walk all over you or give into idiot compassion. This is a major trap my mother fell into, for example, and unfortunately becomes a playground for devilry that you yourself become blind to. For example, you become so “selfless” that you let people steal your money for decades without ever questioning it. You just believe that it’s “God’s will”.

3. “Even if you find yourself stuck in a hell chamber filled with boiling lava and you get to be there forever. You must love that.”

You as God don’t have to choose to live like that. In this case, you’re choosing not to being a victim to your own imagination. That’s also love!

All spiritual teacher lie to you they arent meditating they just learned to sleep sitting up. And God gives you whatever you need so they live in dream world

Edited by Hojo

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Ulax why are you a nihilist? 

@Someone here Mostly owing to my being persuaded by the epistemic regress argument.

I.e. every argument works using the premise-premise-conclusion structure. So, for any claim (conclusion) to be sound (true) it must have sound premises. 

But every premise itself can be seen as making its own claim. So, for any premise to be sound it must have sound sub-premises.

Then the same is true for the sub-premises, and the sub-sub premises, and so on forever.

The result is that no premise can ever be deemed sound, and consequently no conclusion/ claim can be either. Meaning that any truth claim is essentially arbitrary.

Consequently, although I get the irony of making my own truth claim here, any claim to an objective meaningfulness of life is arbitrary. Which is a claim which i think would put me in the camp of nihilism.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Inliytened1  The only place we can have free will is lucid dream. We cant fly therefore free will is not real. Free will within reason is not free its caged will