CARDOZZO

Practical Spirituality

44 posts in this topic

What I really want is Practical Spirituality.

I want to feel alive, energized, present, powerful, productive, happy consistently day after day.

I think we can ground spirituality to our routine/day-to-day as a way to climb higher levels of consciousness.

Spirituality is not a side job that you do on the weekend.

We don't have to be boring spiritual guys just talking 24/7 about TRUTH & Enlightenment.

Edited by CARDOZZO

I was thinking deeply about it.

I think that's why I've begun to develop myself.

To feel deep passion & intense sexual desire towards life.

I want to be an Übermensch.

Edited by CARDOZZO

In essence, what you're saying is that spirituality cannot be divorced or compartmentalized from LIFE in the broadest sense.  It has to be life-affirming.

So of course it has to be grounded in a life-affirming daily routine.

It's not ascetism or mental fapping; it's just not.

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

I want to feel alive, energized, present, powerful, productive, happy consistently day after day.

It’s okay to leave room for sadness, say if a friend dies.

The idea that one can be consistently happy or at peace seems like an untenable fantasy.

@Yimpa I don’t mean happy all the time, it’s a delusion.

What I’m trying to say is that there is no point to seek truth and enlightenment if you don’t have a foundation (feeling powerful, alive, productive, energized).

We cannot think that truth & enlightenment is all that IS to life.

I’m talking about a stage orange spirituality where you’re grounding yourself in a powerful foundation to reach new levels of consciousness.

I see a lot of guys (including myself) just pursuing Truth with a weak foundation.

Edited by CARDOZZO

In Hinduism if you look at the stories of Ramayana and Mahabharata you will see that Rama and Krishna both advocate a spirituality that is integrated with the material life. I think this is the essence of Hinduism, to give you a spirituality that is well integrated and helps you in the material, until you are liberated. Today's Hinduism is far from that but I think if you read these stories as it is, you will get a good idea of what that kind of spirituality looks like.

You are in the wrong forum then. Here most of people are too *cool to be interested in *selfish motives like prioritizing feeling Good within.

11 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

@Yimpa I don’t mean happy all the time, it’s a delusion.

What I’m trying to say is that there is no point to seek truth and enlightenment if you don’t have a foundation (feeling powerful, alive, productive, energized).

We cannot think that truth & enlightenment is all that IS to life.

I’m talking about a stage orange spirituality where you’re grounding yourself in a powerful foundation to reach new levels of consciousness.

I see a lot of guys (including myself) just pursuing Truth with a weak foundation.

You are on the right path. Only when you accept state of consciousness is all that you care about, you actually will make progress in spirituality.

There is no Truth to realize or seek, if experientially your life does not have an exuberant, profoundness, intensity, effortless, blissful, tone all over it.

This is a message that most people do not want to accept here, but it is what it is.

Once you are Blissful, it doesn't really matter what thoughts, data, or phenomena you explore. It is secondary, it was always secondary. 

First feeling like a King within. Then everything else that comes, is just details.

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Did you watch Leo's video "How to fall in love with life"? It is one of the greatest and exactly on this topic.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan I did. Powerful video!

I’m working to embody philosophy & spirituality.

No more theory consuming without beingness.

Edited by CARDOZZO

Spirituality is not an intelectual pursuit.

It’s not about the books, courses and knowledge. (At the beginning, you have to consume a lot of content).

I will live spirituality as a base line consciousness of presence, aliveness, resourcefulness.

I will live spirituality as an embodied energy that burns.

Don't be a spiritual nerd that is living spirituality just as concepts & abstractions.

That's why I like Peter Ralston.

He grounds spirituality with a physical pursuit (martial arts). 

He is always getting FEEDBACK about his levels of consciousness and spirituality.

If you are not present, you get a punch in your face.

We need more FEEDBACK in our spirituality. We need to test ourselves.

It is counter-intuitive but PICKUP can be one source of feedback to your spirituality.

Find something difficult to test your level of consciousness & presence day after day.

You'll burn a lot of shit.

2 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

It is counter-intuitive but PICKUP can be one source of feedback to your spirituality.

Find something difficult to test your level of consciousness & presence day after day.

You'll burn a lot of shit.

Yes I call it checking the ego. Having close friends or a martial arts gym with good coaches can be other ways. 

We can call it a gamification process to Philosophy/Spirituality.

Create difficult challenges to overcome using it as a tool to develop your states of consciousness/spirituality.

The only purpose of the game is overcoming the challenge, making yourself burn a lot of shit, letting go of thought/emotional patterns to achieve a goal.

If you really value Spirituality/Philosophy you'll get alive/obsessed to overcome the challenges.

Because now you have a clear/grounded path to develop yourself.

@CARDOZZO For me "practical spirituality" means the merging of spirituality with quantum physics to arrive at what could be called 'quantum consciousness'. Let me give an example. For instance, this forum is happening within time and space. But the origin or source of the forum began outside the confines of time and space within the quantum field, a field of pure potentiality. The quantum field surrounds everything. It permeates everything. It is the ground source of everything within time and space. It is the very source of this post/topic you started. So even though I am conversing here, and now, within time and space there remains the awareness of the quantum field (outside of T/S) surrounding it.

So, I guess one could say that consciousness has taken on a higher dynamic range. And maintaining that higher dynamic range throughout the day is what I gauge my progress on.

@cetus Yeah, we can use practical spirituality to ground our spiritual pursuits w/ mundane life. (developing skills, business, sex, money, happiness, joy, creativity)