Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Naoya Inoue vs Steven Fulton.

1 post in this topic

Pretty good event for boxing:

My intuitive speculation as to why Naoya Inoue is so powerful and fast: Isometrics training, just like Bruce Lee's many trainings he did. In Naoya's case it's more tailored to explosive movements from the legs and punches, because isometrics trains the brain to communicate via nervous sytem more better and efficiently through the synapsis to recruit more muscle fibers faster and contract faster. So, from a fitness and physical fitness POV, I think this is his secret advantage competitively speaking. Secondary is his boxing drills and combinations, those are just neuro-muscular training, muscular coordination to moving as a boxer. IMO without the isometrics or strength training to increase power and speed, in a fight with both boxers very skilled and trained equally I feel that difference in speed, power and faster muscle recruitment makes the difference in a very equal fight in terms of skillsets. Of course, mental to emotional fitness is also a factor, as well as body composition and genetics and other factors that can make a fighter faster and stronger.