tuku747

There's no such thing as a "fact"

7 posts in this topic

Leo makes this point early on in his video "How Your Mind Interprets Reality"

The mind has this tendency of creating and enforcing distinctions by referring to a reality "outside" of oneself, but the one who is awakening sees that there could be nothing outside of The Self to anchor it. Everything that we construe as a "fact" is actually closer to a deeply held belief. It's not actually a "fact" that is existing outside of the mind, but because we treat it that way, we essentially invent and sustain all so-called "facts", and these "facts" are then what shape our experience of Reality.

That being said, every situation in Reality has many, many, many equally "correct" interpretations because Reality is ALL interpretation. The key is to remain unattached to any particular interpretation because there will always be some facet of Reality you're not seeing due to your interpretation. It is in this sense that we limit Infinite Consciousness via interpretation of "what is true" and "what is not." This is how shape Reality and it's workings.

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

@tuku747 I agree with Leo on this. And I agree with Nietzsche where he said "There are no facts only interpretations"

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

It's a fact that humans are stupid enough to believe anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is such a thing as a language game. When somebody is talking about facts, I understand what they mean. When you are talking about how facts don't exist, I also understand what you mean. Words are contextual, and the more context awareness you have, the more you can concede to any particular language game without being fundamentally confused.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Words are contextual, and the more context awareness you have, the more you can concede to any particular language game without being fundamentally confused.

This reminds me of the importance of  expanding your mind and not looking at reality myopically.

I only recently been discovering the  importance of this. I originally thought that the mind was some nefarious thing that needed to be shut down in order to find peace. So I spent many years wasting my time trying to find that peace. While “quieting the mind” may be important in certain contexts, there’s definitely more to self-discovery than that. A lot more. And the big trap / mistake is convincing yourself that you can become enlightened and all your problems go away like a Disney movie ending.

Let’s also look at it from another lens. Say I was at a food court eating with a friend, and I proudly say, “I killed people.”. A stranger sitting at the table next to us might feel deeply disturbed and might even want to contact mall security.

But if I were to simply add a few words, such as, “I killed people while playing Grand Theft Auto.”, it completely changes the context and the emotional response. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:53 PM, tuku747 said:

Leo makes this point early on in his video "How Your Mind Interprets Reality"

The mind has this tendency of creating and enforcing distinctions by referring to a reality "outside" of oneself, but the one who is awakening sees that there could be nothing outside of The Self to anchor it. Everything that we construe as a "fact" is actually closer to a deeply held belief. It's not actually a "fact" that is existing outside of the mind, but because we treat it that way, we essentially invent and sustain all so-called "facts", and these "facts" are then what shape our experience of Reality.

That being said, every situation in Reality has many, many, many equally "correct" interpretations because Reality is ALL interpretation. The key is to remain unattached to any particular interpretation because there will always be some facet of Reality you're not seeing due to your interpretation. It is in this sense that we limit Infinite Consciousness via interpretation of "what is true" and "what is not." This is how shape Reality and it's workings.

Ya well said, and oddly enough even the "what is true" and "what is not" are also true's, and not limits.  In a sense the idea of being closed and limited is the conscious experience of so, not a "limit" limiting something called reality.  Real mind fuck.