Butters

Stage orange spirituality?

6 posts in this topic

I saw this documentary about these people in their thirties going to spiritual retreats, truffle sessions, breath workshops. But they interviewed them and they said "I've tried everything but so far nothing has made me happy". 

And I was like wtf? It seems fun to go to these things, but apparently people go there to get "fixed"? 

Is this why most people go to spiritual activities? Is this stage orange spirituality? 

Stage orange spirituality is attracted towards stuff like Neville Godard, Napoleon Hill, Earl Nightingale and those types. Note that these are all people who are materially successful but also preach lots of spiritual ideas, and often contribute their material success to their spiritual ideas. A perfect delicious package for a stage orange type.

The stage orange spiritualists will say that the only reason you're not rich or happy is because you haven't "given enough to the universe" or something along those lines. They will talk about equivalent exchange, about manifestation, etc. Notice how all these spiritual ideas conveniently tie in to materialistic goals.

They are not gonna go off into a cave to meditate somewhere. They are going to look at a spiritual quote from someone who HAS gone off into a cave, misinterpret it, and then use it for their materliastic gains and ideas.

Aside from that, much of western society is materialistic and stage orange. They will often come into spirituality with a mindset of "getting" what they are lacking or missing, and "removing" what is dysfunctional about them. Their mind is linear in that way, and you will see them using that type of terminology a lot. "Getting" confident, "losing" attachments, etc. This is a very limited and unsustainable way of looking at things, and they will eventually become very confused once this mindset runs its course, and they will be forced to transcend it or regress through some ego backlash.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

@Osaid so let's say I'm stage Orange and I'm not happy with my life. I find spirituality as a way to fix this and it doesn't work. What do I do? / what would you advise someone in this position to do? 

Yes I have wondered that myself. I asked my friend if he likes Sadguru and he said "no, because I am not sick, I am happy". 

Are spiritual seekers just motivated by sicknesses like depression?

Are happy but non-spiritual people just shallow, simple minded, and/or unconscious?

Do stage orange people who love money really feel happy (like some of them claim to be)?

That's what Green New Age spirituality is all about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

What do I do? / what would you advise someone in this position to do? 

One way you could go about it:

1. Go to a room or secluded area where you can genuinely think and introspect

2. Ask yourself why you aren't happy, and why spirituality didn't make you happy

3. Write or note down all the reasonings and goals that arise

4. Ask yourself, is taking care of these these things going to make me happy? 

If the answer is yes, go achieve all those goals, or a few of them, and then come back to the reasonings and ask yourself the question again to confirm your progress. Do an update, how much has your happpiness increased since reaching those goals? Rinse and repeat. If new reasonings and goals arise, feel free to add them. Congratulations, you just found the key to happiness!

If, for whatever reason, the answer is "no" or "I don't know", ask yourself if you can make yourself happy without these things, and whether you have ever experienced happiness without these things, and how exactly that occured. Then, ask yourself how you can achieve something like that again (if you ARE able to recall a time where you were happy without these things). Otherwise, just ask yourself how it could be possible, and if there are other people who have made it possible.

TLDR, just thoroughly ask yourself why you're not happy.

This is specifically for stubborn stage orange btw, that's why it's so formulaic and kinda forces yourself to ask and verify certain questions. They like that type of stuff. You gotta communicate with where the stage is at. Can't expect a cat to understand english.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.