StarStruck

How to bypass the hedonistic trap

6 posts in this topic

So when I see the potential and chance to get something I loose interests in it. Even before I get I loose interests because I know it is within arm reach. I stop putting in an effort immediately. It is almost like I’m addicted to being unsatisfied. This plays on in business but also in dating. When I see my business is doing good I stop working at it. Or last night I rated this girl a 9, finally got her and now she is a 7 in my eyes. This RAS is such a tricky thing. I’m never satisfied and so confused. 

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

So when I see the potential and chance to get something I loose interests in it. Even before I get I loose interests because I know it is within arm reach. I stop putting in an effort immediately. It is almost like I’m addicted to being unsatisfied. This plays on in business but also in dating. When I see my business is doing good I stop working at it. Or last night I rated this girl a 9, finally got her and now she is a 7 in my eyes. This RAS is such a tricky thing. I’m never satisfied and so confused. 

Figure out the WHY. Why do you want what you want. You will never be totally satisfied with anything finite because you are an Infinite Being. Nothing finite will ever bring lasting satisfaction to you. There will always be something more to strive for. Coming from a place of already knowing you are everything can make the experience more enjoyable and then, if you're not seeking a satisfactory state, the feeling will be more sustainable. You are coming from a place of unworthiness. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Can you give examples? But yeah that makes sense, life is a hold-let-go game, and it's a more intense cycle if you have ADHD tendencies or something like that.

Freud (from memory) talks about how children purposely break or throw away their toys to benefit from the enjoyment of finding them again in the end. :ph34r:

The devil is in the details.

55 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Princess Arabia I’m not infinite. Who am I kidding? You have physical dimensions at the end of the day. 

You are an Infinite being in a finite body. Your true nature is. You are not the body/mind. I can't believe you're not aware of this. This is old news. Can I ask you then, what are you?

Know thyself....

My standards increase all the time.

A girl who was hot when I started game, I consider very average nowadays. Tbh, some I even consider quite ugly. It is shocking.

And even in recent years, I notice that someone I considered attractive a few years ago, isn’t so attractive nowadays after all.

Other thant that, I think you should not repress this part of you, and actually fully allow it by going through it via the idea of deeply exhausting your material desires.

See Leo’s burning through karma video. Extremely powerful video about our ordinary human life.

—-

General advice for all:

Take care of your basic needs first, and don’t ignore the part of deep exhaustion of material desires, when diving into spirituality.

Edited by Migue Lonas

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran