Someone here

Being a rock is better than being human?

62 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2023 at 4:10 PM, Someone here said:

Rocks just lay on the ground. We can throw them or hit them .but Since they are lifeless and mindless.. the throwing or the hitting on the ground does not affect them. So.. if you are a rock..yes..you may not have any fun..but you will not have any issues as well.

My point basically is that if there were no mind there wouldn't be a sense of self..and no backstory .now that might sound like an idea only for some kinds of buddhist extremists only. But I realized the happiest state of existence Is when you are deep asleep.  Nothing beats this sweet nothingness of a good night sleep . 

I know I'm just speculating when it comes to the rock's ability to experience stuff .we don't know if even rock's have a primitive chunk of consciousness. But let's just assume that rocks are unconscious lol.

Anyone can relate to what I'm saying? 

You ever ask yourself what a conscious none feeling state would actually be like?  Like really no sensation, no feeling, even the no joy no bliss, no anything, would it even be an experience at that point?  An experience that is "nothing" but is enjoyable is not what your talking about, thats still a "something" felt/experienced going on.

The nothingness of a good nights sleep isn't felt in the sleep, its felt after as a feeling or experience no?, or if its felt in sleep, because if it is, its not a no-feeling/conscious experience.  Its a felt/conscious one.

As for the rock thats not really a rock..... its god experiencing itself as that from your god experience.  As you see it, is knowing it as that, as a rock as you say.  Maybe there is a inside view of rock having a experience of you looking at it as a rock, and maybe not.

Edited by Mu_

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

You ever ask yourself what a conscious none feeling state would actually be like?  Like really no sensation, no feeling, even the no joy no bliss, no anything, would it even be an experience at that point?  An experience that is "nothing" but is enjoyable is not what your talking about, thats still a "something" felt/experienced going on.

Obviously by definition its complete absence of existence then it can't be described. 

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

The nothingness of a good nights sleep isn't felt in the sleep, its felt after as a feeling or experience no?, or if its felt in sleep, because if it is, its not a no-feeling/conscious experience.  Its a felt/conscious one.

I agree.  It's after you wake up that you call the sleep was great . But you have folks like Ramana Maharshi who claim that even in deep sleep awareness is still there . Evident by if you yell at a sleeping person he can hear you and wake up. 

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

As for the rock thats not really a rock..... its god experiencing itself as that from your god experience.  As you see it, is knowing it as that, as a rock as you say.  Maybe there is a inside view of rock having a experience of you looking at it as a rock, and maybe not.

Haha . I guess we all agree that a rock had no conscious mind. Because we only attribute conscious mind or sentience to living organic life forms .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .