Bobby_2021

The idea that Truth cannot be communicated is a toxic idea.

17 posts in this topic

We have all seen some forms of spirituality where the gurus actively deny the thinking is somehow anti spiritual or you should just quiet your mind to have a more holistic view of reality. Even I entertained this idea for long that had been a huge cockblock in my enlightenment journey. Just take a moment to appreciate the absurdity of this claim

1) You claim that Truth cannot be communicated, but only experienced.

2) You are making a Truth claim.

3) You are communicating what you think is true.

4) You had to think to arrive at this conclusion, only for you to say that thinking is a-spiritual.

Even religious dudes do not hold this level of contradiction in a single sentence. Even Sadhguru says you should merely let your mind come up with thoughts, but you could sit there in bliss while disidentifying from the chatter of the mind as a whole. This is totally unnecessary even if you want to avoid suffering. It is totally okay to identify with the mind, when you realize that everything is God and it is literally the imagination of God.

It is so Freking obvious, yet I wasted a lot of time entertaining this stupid idea that you cannot describe or communicate Truth via language. To being with, you could never communicate anything with language. Language is merely ink on paper or pixels on a screen. Words are nothing but pointers. If you can have pointers to calculus and poems, of course you can have pointers to absolute or relative Truth or whatever you are dealing with. 

If thinking makes your life better or closer to god, then maybe God did intend you to think about God. It was you who thought of God's creating as a bug and not as a splendidly useful tool for creativity and imagination.

You can't communicate anything to someone who haven't experienced before. How could you explain the colors to a blind, of the infinity to someone who never has become infinite? Well, you could try but it's impossible that the other understand you unless he have experienced it before. 

You need to think about reality if you need to understand it. And that is how it should be. You are chasing your own tail by entertaining stupid ideas like you can't communicate absolute Truth. Such statements come from people who do not understand the mechanics of Truth or communication or language. Just do not be weird or go insane. Think normally and you should be fine.

Also spirituality is being as close to life as possible. And everything that God imagines is not only valid but also totally necessary and beautiful. All that God is doing is imagining up infinite configurations of imaginations including the thinking of the finite mind. God is also imagining thinking.

You should think and develop a model of the world that is so robust that eventually burst apart that the only accurate model of the world you can have is pure reality itself. The non dual shit heads are trying to cut short this process which explains why they are walking with so much pain, especially for people who cannot shut up their mind with some whacky asanas or something. 

The mind and thinking is absolutely necessary. Just do not act weirdly or get into a paradigm lock like that of science or religion. Avoid such traps.    

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You can't communicate anything to someone who haven't experienced before. How could you explain the colors to a blind, of the infinity to someone who never has become infinite? Well, you could try but it's impossible that the other understand you unless he have experienced it before. 

Well I would definitely try to communicate colors to a blind person in poems or sounds or whatever. The thing is I can describe my Truth. I do not guarantee that everyone reading that should attain Truth. I never made a statement. Some people have enormous cycles of shit going on in their heads. Of course they would not understand Truth. If the blind dude is serious enough, he should acknowledge that there is Truth that I communicated that he did not quite get. So he should try getting to that Truth in whatever ways that is available to him. Maybe the communication of my Truth would inspire him to get to the nearest hospital and register for getting an eye, IT all depends on how badly you want it. Truth needs work.

The point is you can communicate it.

You can communicate mathematics and people will understand it. That is communication. I do not guarantee that everyone will understand it because people do not want it badly enough. Truth is hard even for people who seek it let alone for lazy mfers.

Holding this level of contradiction in your head is not healthy for you in the least. Take care and avoid this big trap or else you will have to walk as if you have a stick up your ass.

The truth is not about to know or understand it, is about being it. You think that you understand infinity, but you don't. Just do 5meo DMT 20 times until any limitations are dissolved, and you will see what infinity is. You could think about it 1000 years and you are not going 1mm closer. It's unthinkable.

Communication via words is initself a limitation. All it takes is to be aware of this when engaged within such limitations.

If someone honestly tried to communicate the truth about what kind of music is the best kind of music. Would you think that such a claim could be communicated to you?

3 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Well I would definitely try to communicate colors to a blind person in poems or sounds or whatever. The thing is I can describe my Truth. I do not guarantee that everyone reading that should attain Truth. I never made a statement. Some people have enormous cycles of shit going on in their heads. Of course they would not understand Truth. If the blind dude is serious enough, he should acknowledge that there is Truth that I communicated that he did not quite get. So he should try getting to that Truth in whatever ways that is available to him. Maybe the communication of my Truth would inspire him to get to the nearest hospital and register for getting an eye, IT all depends on how badly you want it. Truth needs work.

The point is you can communicate it.

You can communicate mathematics and people will understand it. That is communication. I do not guarantee that everyone will understand it because people do not want it badly enough. Truth is hard even for people who seek it let alone for lazy mfers.

Ok then, I am blind. I have never seen anything in my life. Describe to me the color red, or what a "color" even is.

Brains Do Not Exist 

If it could be communicated everyone would be Awake mate

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

5 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Ok then, I am blind. I have never seen anything in my life. Describe to me the color red, or what a "color" even is.

This is like saying if calculus can be communicated everyone should be world class mathematicians by now.

Communicating Truth doesn't mean that you will be spoon fed Truth. It's on you to do the work if you want to realize Truth for yourself.

Also different people have different talents, capabilities and interest. I can only communicate my Truth. I will talk about it. 

5 hours ago, tuku747 said:

I will simply describe everything exactly as it is. I have no compulsion to make sense to you. It on you to do the work.

It's like saying you can't describe what you see with a Telescope because others can see what you see because they lack something that you have. Of course you can describe what you see. And if it is from your experience, it is Truth. Simple as that.

If others want to experience that Truth, they better put in the work. 

Communication != Realization

Communicating Truth doesn't mean that you will realize it. Is everyday communication perfect? Forget spirituality.

Some things can be communicated. But not every thing will be communicated properly.

I am asking you to entertain the possibility that it is indeed possible to communicate absolute Truth.

If you say that Truth cannot be communicated, then you are clearly contradicting yourself. Because you are communicating Truth when you say that. Get it? 

@Bobby_2021 Talking about Truth is a lot like talking about skydiving. You can hear a thousand stories about it but until you experience it directly you can only imagine what the talk really means.

:ph34r:

“Hey bro, the sensation of cold water”

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The only thing that I see being clearly communicated about Truth is related to Post-Enlightenment experiences effects.

The “BOOM” itself, the “event”…. IS what it IS.

Edited by CARDOZZO

52 minutes ago, cetus said:

@Bobby_2021 Talking about Truth is a lot like talking about skydiving. 

Talking about Truth is like talking about literally just anything.

Edited by Bobby_2021

I cannot describe in words the mental peace I have got from realizing this. :P

GOD imagines the Truth as GOD.

*gasp*