Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trenton

Child support enforcement sucks

1 post in this topic

I want to know how to improve this failing system. currently, about 60% of owed child support is paid. I want to know how to prevent children from going through hell over bad parents, but this is hard to do. I will start with my personal experience.

My father fled the state to avoid paying child support. This is a problem because child support enforcement is mostly done at the state and local level. There are a list of things that are done to try to compel a parent to pay, but they all failed in my case.

You can suspend his license, but he drives without a license anyway. You can tax his pay check, but he jumps from job to job to avoid being taxed. You can try to use his property or bank account, but he just uses his moms property and bank account. He also gets money from under the table through drug deals. He then makes payment in cash to get around all of the safety nets put in place. He owed about 200,000 dollars when he finally died.

I tried calling my representative to ask for change. They told me that this was a rare case, and it sounded like there was nothing they could do. I am trying to find what it would take to get federal enforcement of child support.