Buck Edwards

Dating is frankly a waste of time

15 posts in this topic

I'm always drawn to other beautiful things in life. Adventure, travel, reading, meeting people of different places, not so mundane stuff. Exploring, diving, spending time in nature. 

I've found that dating consumes significant time and is very time draining activity unless you're already with someone who you really consider a jewel, someone who is with you all along or has been your foundation rock 

The  idea of dating, pickup, approach, dating sites, it doesn't look appealing to me. Seems like a delusional way of living and wasting time. I'm sure there's a lot to learn. But still. It looks like a high energy chase. 

Always giving it so much of your energy and time and then ending up feeling like it all went to shit. I mean it builds you socially. Where do you go next from there? 

I'm an introvert so maybe I feel it doesn't fulfill me. Yet I have tried being extremely social and the yield in terms of growth was good enough yet at some point I had to cut myself off of it because it got satured and I felt I wasn't getting anything new out of the same old grind. The same attitude, the same mindset, the same kind of people you run into. Nothing extra ordinary. Now for someone who is completely socially isolated this can work and be a boon. But once you've been out there and tasted the flavor of it, it gets old and you realize it's never going to be anything beyond mere entertainment and daily maundering. You gotta save some time before you waste anymore. 

And then I see other people constantly talk about their dating plans etc and it takes me back to the drawing board and I'm left wondering if I'm odd or a misfit sort that I don't like it want it as much as others do. What's the mystery? Is it only social pressure we endlessly succumb to? Is it craving we cannot put a lid on? Is it something so essential we cannot live without? 

I see it as a waste of time, time I could invest in developing myself and building my own body and mind and just enjoying the moments as they come. 

I'm not in a dilemma. But I don't want ANOTHER FICKING TRAP 

Thanks. 

xe47fnzwiio71.gif

nah-i-dont-think-so.gif

Edited by Enlightement

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

I don't think like a human so guess what that leaves you with. :P

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

29 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I just saw a woman who resonated/communicated like any other woman, and who seems to be quite delusional as a rule. :)

It's your projection to be sure, and yes your projection is quite delusional.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, puporing said:

It's your projection to be sure, and yes your projection is quite delusional.

What are they then?

Why did my comment disappear? Is it a moderator who wants me? Doesn't matter :P

The devil is in the details.

Just now, Schizophonia said:

I didn't notice at all. What is it you said. 

23 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

The comment was inappropriate so instead of giving warning points it was been sent to the shadow realm. ?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

If you want to find a mate, engage in an intimate relationship, start a family and have kids, you can hardly avoid it. If none of that particularly appeals, you're better off staying away from the dating game 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

If you want to find a mate, engage in an intimate relationship, start a family and have kids, you can hardly avoid it. If none of that particularly appeals, you're better off staying away from the dating game 

That made a shit load of practical sense. Thanks a ton. 

@Enlightement  It took you about the same words as a high school essay to assert that you don't care (385 words)... That means you do care.  If you don't care to take care of the things you care about... well, it is going cause you to care a lot less about the things that you should care about. You become too careful... Haha... I'm just playing around. 

Look, all this resistance is a good thing... but you have to keep going and not stop. You need the mentality that you have already achieved your goal and never stop until you get there. Even if it kills you. It is all about mental toughness. If you fail, note the improvement and keep going on. It is only failure when you stop. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Try dating in foreign countries, it’s way easier and you don’t need to use as much game tactics.

5 minutes ago, Ajax said:

@Enlightement  It took you about the same words as a high school essay to assert that you don't care (385 words)... That means you do care.  If you don't care to take care of the things you care about... well, it is going cause you to care a lot less about the things that you should care about. You become too careful... Haha... I'm just playing around. 

Look, all this resistance is a good thing... but you have to keep going and not stop. You need the mentality that you have already achieved your goal and never stop until you get there. Even if it kills you. It is all about mental toughness. If you fail, note the improvement and keep going on. It is only failure when you stop. 

I want a solid connection. That's why I never engaged in weekly flings. I had an LTR some while ago that ate a lot of time and drained me. You have to put in a lot to keep the opposite gender happy. 

I came out of it feeling frustrated and not happy at all wasting time like that. All the  fighting and highs and lows not worth it. 

The problem is I always look for long term. No hook ups. And even a solid relationship can fizzle and get lack luster or just not be worth it when the fighting phase begins.

If it's not leading to a point of family making and a stable partner, it's not worth it just chasing and chasing and chasing happiness. 

A relationship maintenance consumes a humongous amount of time. The pressure is too much. I'm better off doing spiritual work. 

@Enlightement It sounds like you just gave up. Spiritual work is not for the weak minded.  The spirit does not bow to cowardness and weakness. So, it is your choice of course... but good luck in your spiritual work.  You have just made it much harder for yourself. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

@Enlightement It sounds like you just gave up. Spiritual work is not for the weak minded.  The spirit does not bow to cowardness and weakness. So, it is your choice of course... but good luck in your spiritual work.  You have just made it much harder for yourself. 

You have a really bad big picture, your post doesn't suggest direction, a paradigm shift, and just pushing to try harder (in the wrong direction).

It's also a little game of your ego to get rich by signaling to others that you are a very brave person or something like that.

The devil is in the details.

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

You have a really bad big picture, your post doesn't suggest direction, a paradigm shift, and just pushing to try harder (in the wrong direction).

It's also a little game of your ego to get rich by signaling to others that you are a very brave person or something like that.

If you say so, tell me what services am I selling? What programs am I peddling? What advertisements am I selling? LOL nonsense!

My direction is toward infinite bravery and certainty.  That's all. The spirt has infinite potential and the less cautious one becomes; more potential they have at their disposal. 

And I reiterate... Advanced Spiritual work does not respect weakness. It will chew you up and tear you to shreds. If this applies to you, well, friend you better get busy raising your consciousness. You can do it, I know you can, but only if you are strong enough to handle it.