Oso

Can Lack of Direction Be Consciously Fixed?

10 posts in this topic

I'm lost in the world of direction, meaning, purpose, etc., and trying to figure out what I want with my life seems to induce a lot of suffering and confusion.

I've tried contemplating on the matter, opening myself up to others methods for clarity, waiting, meditating, and sleeping on it among other things.

Honestly, I haven't gotten anywhere. It seems consciously trying to figure out direction/purpose is only making things worse in regards to my direction in life. 

Is there another way to go about discovering/creating authentic direction? Someway which doesn't involve becoming more confused? If I'm chasing my own tail here, please attempt to break my veil. 

Of course it can and should be done consciously or deliberately.

You have to investigate the things you're most passionate about in life.

My Life Purpose Course gives many exercises for figuring it out.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course it can and should be done consciously or deliberately.

You have to investigate the things you're most passionate about in life.

My Life Purpose Course gives many exercises for figuring it out.

What do you recommend I do to investigate what I'm passionate about?

I've had your course for some time. I'll go back and utilize the tools you provided. 

If you have the course you should really dive into those exercises. That's the best advice I got.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you have the course you should really dive into those exercises. That's the best advice I got.

Very well. Thanks for the feedback. 

I used to be stuck contemplating the same thing and driving myself crazy.

For me, it was just realizing that the perfect decision is actually made up of a bunch of imperfect decisions.

You have to try a bunch of things in life. It's trial and error. And, there's not gonna be just one singular thing you're passionate about. You can be passionate about everything. EVERY single thing in life has the capacity for passion. If you've been wracking your mind trying to figure out what the "one thing" to be passionate about is, now you know why you were so confused, it's because life has too much variety for your passion to be condensed into just one thing. You should be passionate about the journey, the end destination, and even that one cafe you happened to visit for a quick coffee on your way to the end destination. This is what life is all about.

However, you have certain talents and a unique mind which allows you to create something very unique to be passionate about. Whether it's a video game, a book, a movie, or some other thing. This is where the idea of a "life purpose" might come in.

Don't hyper-logically look for "the one thing." If you like art, find something sustainable and practical that is somewhat related to art, and then use that to get your foot in the door. Trial and error, like a homing missile. If you try enough things eventually it will all reduce down to the "perfect" decision.

I highly recommend watching these videos:

Good luck! You're stronger than you might think.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

I used to be stuck contemplating the same thing and driving myself crazy.

For me, it was just realizing that the perfect decision is actually made up of a bunch of imperfect decisions.

You have to try a bunch of things in life. It's trial and error. And, there's not gonna be just one singular thing you're passionate about. You can be passionate about everything. EVERY single thing in life has the capacity for passion. If you've been wracking your mind trying to figure out what the "one thing" to be passionate about is, now you know why you were so confused, it's because life has too much variety for your passion to be condensed into just one thing. You should be passionate about the journey, the end destination, and even that one cafe you happened to visit for a quick coffee on your way to the end destination. This is what life is all about.

However, you have certain talents and a unique mind which allows you to create something very unique to be passionate about. Whether it's a video game, a book, a movie, or some other thing. This is where the idea of a "life purpose" might come in.

Don't hyper-logically look for "the one thing." If you like art, find something sustainable and practical that is somewhat related to art, and then use that to get your foot in the door. Trial and error, like a homing missile. If you try enough things eventually it will all reduce down to the "perfect" decision.

I highly recommend watching these videos:

Good luck! You're stronger than you might think.

Thank you. That actually made sense and lifted some weight off my shoulders. I'll take your words wisely. 

Just do some work. It doesn't matter what, just put everything you got into something. The best it can do for you is give you a super tough mind. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

LOL.  Thinking about it may not do it for you.

Who knows what the cause is? You may suffer from a vitamin deficiency or not get enough physical exercise, which affects your mental state.

You can't mental-fap your way to the truth if your body is not at 100.

Edited by SeaMonster

You create meaning, so taking full ownership of being a creator is key.

How much of yourself are you willing to embrace?