StarStruck

Finally getting what I want

14 posts in this topic

Finally getting what I want and after all that trouble and sacrifice I don’t want it anymore. ?

Fantastic. That's the definition of growth.

It's not all karma though - attainments (be they material or spiritual) can be sustainably satisfying. 

Silly example, but I recently bought a very nice perfume and everytime I put it on, I genuinely appreciate the beauty of it.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Finally getting what I want and after all that trouble and sacrifice I don’t want it anymore. ?

What do you mean?

I AM nutz

It could be sign of an ADHD mind...

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

59 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

It could be sign of an ADHD mind...

Do you think you have ADHD? I have that.

I AM nutz

@Yimpa Yes i didnt know its ADHD, i had explosion of ideas/ thoughts constantly coming in (usually i couldnt root it in reality because it was idealistic)i couldnt concentrate on studies fully,now i have really mild simptoms, which one of them is: when i figure something out ,it forces me to move on to something new / new challenge (which topic starter could have),then i remember ohh its ADHD lets continue in same direction...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@StarStruck Why? It’s so beautiful. Maybe your glasses are just broken. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Worldly things don’t make me happy. 

Yeah it's like the thread about being a real man. In the end, you realise an accident or a disease could easily screw a person up real badly. Time to repent and seek God.

19 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck Why? It’s so beautiful. Maybe your glasses are just broken. 

Outside doesn’t exist. 

The principle of self-survival in action.

The mouse perpetually striving after the cheese that can't be reached. It just appears to be attainable.

I think you're communicating a universal sense of dissatisfaction. You conflate happiness with getting what you want -- survival.

Being happy requires being satisfied with either, whether you get what you want or not.

What is happiness?

Without responsibility, at least be willing to accept and enjoy whatever terrible thing goes your way. That is the direction you are headed, so if that is what makes you happy, go for it. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Great! Time to go within now

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Ajax said:

Without responsibility, at least be willing to accept and enjoy whatever terrible thing goes your way. That is the direction you are headed, so if that is what makes you happy, go for it. 

Lately, I’ve been exposing myself to many problems that I’ve been avoiding. For example, house maintenance tasks. Our house is only 3 years old. But today I just discovered a broken irrigation pipe in our backyard that wasn’t installed properly. I regret not checking this out years ago. Now I’m paying the price for my negligence ?

I AM nutz