Rishabh R

Leo , what is the difference between contemplation and speculation ?

5 posts in this topic

Is contemplation an act of asking the question to oneself and questioning the answers that the mind comes up with? And questioning it again and again like how do I do it . Or is it staying with one question and asking yourself the same starting question again and again and writing what comes to mind in the journal ?

3 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Is contemplation an act of asking the question to oneself and questioning the answers that the mind comes up with?

Yes.

Contemplation can involve speculation. But contemplation is more about generating insights whereas speculation is more like imagining random nifty scenarios. Speculation is more like a brainstorm that isn't grounded in anything.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So what comes to mind during contemplation is not correct. It must be questioned like if I ask - What create success:

Answers -Non negative thinking

-Going despite failure

-Understanding what is working and what is not 

So must I question these 3 insights with the questions like How do I embody it ? How do I do it ? What is the significance of it ? What is it's purpose and what are some examples of it ?

43 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

So must I question these 3 insights with the questions like How do I embody it ? How do I do it ? What is the significance of it ? What is it's purpose and what are some examples of it ?

Yes

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Contemplation is aimed at experiencing the truth of some matter. It is based on profound questioning. Speculation is imagining what something is or how it will turn out. The latter is easy but it's nothing more than coming up with possible "answers" to an equation without actually going through the process of solving it.

A bit like running a marathon vs imagining what running a marathon is like.

Edited by UnbornTao