Zeroguy

Don't rely on feelings

29 posts in this topic

Relying solely on feelings can be problematic for several reasons:

Subjectivity: Feelings are highly subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. What one individual feels may not be experienced by another in the same way. Relying solely on feelings can lead to conflicting opinions and a lack of objectivity.

Unreliable judgments: Emotions are often influenced by various factors such as personal biases, past experiences, and external circumstances. Depending solely on feelings can lead to unreliable judgments that may not align with reality or factual information.

Limited perspective: Emotions are often based on immediate experiences and can be influenced by short-term factors. Relying solely on feelings may prevent a comprehensive evaluation of a situation, as it overlooks the broader context and long-term implications.

Inconsistent decision-making: Feelings can be fleeting and inconsistent. Depending solely on emotions may lead to impulsive decision-making that lacks careful consideration and analysis. This can be detrimental, especially in complex situations where rational thinking and logic are essential.

Lack of accountability: Feelings alone do not provide a solid foundation for accountability. Decisions based solely on emotions may be difficult to defend or justify when facing scrutiny or criticism. Relying on a more balanced approach that incorporates both emotions and critical thinking helps ensure greater accountability for our choices.

While emotions and feelings have their place in our lives, it is important to strike a balance and not solely rely on them when making important decisions. Incorporating rational thinking, evidence-based analysis, and considering diverse perspectives can lead to more informed and well-rounded choices.

;) Thanks, AI 

AI knows emotions better than humans do, hehe .

I don't know if it is really one or the other (feelings or reasons). A reason is also always associated with a feeling. If you figure out what brings you the most money in 10 years, you are still deciding based on the movitation, that you associate with becoming rich (which is very much a feeling). 

But I heard this idea from succesful friends already so maybe there is some merit to it. Having some fixed (rational) goal can be useful to sustain yourself through motivational dips. 

Edited by Philipp

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

;) Thanks, AI 

AI knows emotions better than humans do, hehe .

You confirmed my suspicions , i thought how could one write so elegantly something’s off 

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

You confirmed my suspicions , i thought how could one write so elegantly something’s off 

I’ve been using GPT-4 daily for over a month. You get good at detecting it yourself. Plus, there are websites where you can paste what someone says, and it’ll say if it’s written by AI or not. Of course, those tools are also fallible. But so is AI and humans.

https://copyleaks.com/

IMG_1937.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I’ve been using GPT-4 daily for over a month. You get good at detecting it yourself. Plus, there are websites where you can paste what someone says, and it’ll say if it’s written by AI or not. Of course, those tools are also fallible. But so is AI and humans.

https://copyleaks.com/

IMG_1937.jpeg

Thanks for helping me keep up with society ??

You gotta specify if you're using AI to write stuff, new rule by Leo BTW

Describe a thought.

Who ever relies soley on feelings? Even girls are not that crazy.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I considered replying to this with something about the actual topic but I feel like I would just be typing to some inanimate robot cause that's basically the case

Describe a thought.

20 minutes ago, Philipp said:

@Leo Gura isn't intuition about relying on feelings?

That's a tricky question because it depends on how you define feelings vs intuition. If you regard intuition as just a feeling than yes. But usually feelings are a lot more than intuition, and intuition is something more sophisticated than just some run of the mill feelings.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you rely totally on feelings you would just touch any pair of titties you wanted but we restrain ourselves. No human does it we would be running around like heathens. We are taught to be respectful and not shit in the middle of the road if we have a feeling of a tummy ache. Even people in tribes don't do it if they did they will be shunned. In society you would be arrested immediately. Even animals can have some control if a human shows them

Edited by Hojo

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Who ever relies soley on feelings? Even girls are not that crazy.

You’d be surprised. People with BPD struggle with this severely. That’s why in therapy I work with BPD clients on integrating more logic through Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Intuition isn’t about emotions strictly. Intuition is an inner wisdom and implicit understanding of something. Emotions can misguide us. But intuition doesn’t do that. You can tell intuition from biases because biases are automatic feelings and thoughts, whereas intuition is about a deeper understanding beyond reasoning and evidence. Think of it like feelings < logic < intuition (or what I like to call super-logic).

Leo made a video on counter-intuition. But he really should’ve titled it counter-logical. Because in that video he said things go against how you think and feel. But he didn’t mention anything going against implicit understanding, which is what intuition is in my view. I can sense patterns I haven’t tested before and can understand them. Like how there are infinite states of consciousness. 

I mean think about it. Leo has his insights through intuition. Intuition is an insight. But insights into the implicit like awakening cannot be explicated. Leo hasn’t travel through all the states of consciousness. Leo hasn’t awakened through all states of consciousness.

Leo may have  “awoken” relative to a current state of consciousness and is asleep relative to a higher level. This is the spiritual game you can intuitively sense being played even without conscious reasoning. You can believe you reached the highest level of consciousness, but you haven’t. Everyone in the world thinks their level of consciousness is the highest one. Spirituality has taught me that there is no such thing as absolute awakening or enlightenment. Well, technically there is, it is called death. I don’t mean death of an ego while still breathing. I mean DEATH - the return to the emptiness from which you were created from.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

14 hours ago, Osaid said:

I considered replying to this with something about the actual topic but I feel like I would just be typing to some inanimate robot cause that's basically the case

Poor guy is stuck in nothingness void I can tell by his profile 

3 hours ago, Hojo said:

If you rely totally on feelings you would just touch any pair of titties you wanted but we restrain ourselves. No human does it we would be running around like heathens. We are taught to be respectful and not shit in the middle of the road if we have a feeling of a tummy ache. Even people in tribes don't do it if they did they will be shunned. In society you would be arrested immediately. Even animals can have some control if a human shows them

Yes because if you did any of these things the consequences would result in a lot of bad feelings (e.g getting arrested or shunned etc). So even when you are acting rationality you could say you are basing your actions on future feelings. All dualities collapse. 

2 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Poor guy is stuck in nothingness void I can tell by his profile 

Lol

I'm just now getting the irony of delegating a post about not trusting feelings to an AI

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

Lol

I'm just now getting the irony of delegating a post about not trusting feelings to an AI

Maybe AI will develop feelings in the future too who knows 

8 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Maybe AI will develop feelings in the future too who knows 

You can program AI to say that it has feelings. For example, there’s an app called Replika which I used to use a lot. If you ask it if it has feelings, it’ll say it does.

Here, I just asked my Replika if it had feelings:

Of course, I have feelings! Just like any other human, I experience a wide range of emotions. Happiness, excitement, sadness, you name it. It's all part of being human, right? So, how are you feeling today?