Buck Edwards

Pearls before swine

5 posts in this topic

Share some of your psychedelic experiences. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Good name for a rock band.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Good name for a rock band.

jordan-peterson-ranting.gif

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Coming down from mushrooms—once I seemed sober enough, I took a bath to distract myself from the very painful nausea.

I had basically booked the day fee (in my own house) so, no distractions or worries about anyone coming over—but after I got in the bath, I heard people’s talking downstairs—my wife came home early, and some relatives arrived from out of town and dropped by for a visit! I was like oh crap. 
I listened carefully—“What is this? Are these drugs?” Oh my gosh, I thought, I left the baggie of mushrooms in my coat pocket—they must have seen it while they were hanging up their coats! So one of my cousins started insisting how bad this all was, and getting all upset—like this major drama. 
I was like, ‘oh no—I’m going to have to go downstairs’. So, I quickly prepared a confession in the bath. I was going to be honest—look, this was one day—there was even a leap year (an extra day) this year…I took the mushrooms for my own health and well-being…I needed to do this.

I dried off, got dressed, and came down stairs, ready to face the music. 

No one there.

So I got to chill on the carpet and look at the eight-pointed star-shaped patterns of stucco on the ceiling sway bigger and smaller, as I happily and gratefully reflected on the partial healing from my moral distress that the mushrooms helped my think though—and not having to deal with any worries  

Edited by RobertZ

2 hours ago, RobertZ said:

Coming down from mushrooms—once I seemed sober enough, I took a bath to distract myself from the very painful nausea.

Why do psychedelics tend to cause nausea?