I was reading a little about non duality 

Then I noticed this subtle depressed feeling

And I wondered why it’s making me depressed 

Then it hit me that non duality is about what ALREADY is 

So it’s not that it’s making me depressed

It’s that I’m ALREADY depressed 

bam 

Edited by Sugarcoat

That sounds like it could be depression. Best to see a professional if it concerns you!

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

That sounds like it could be depression. Best to see a professional if it concerns you!

Thanks ?? I haven’t felt drawn to seek one out yet but who knows that might change although I don’t suspect it will

4 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Thanks ?? I haven’t felt drawn to seek one out yet but who knows that might change although I don’t suspect it will

Whatever life brings to the table is bound to be plentiful :)

Reality is beautiful!!!

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Whatever life brings to the table is bound to be plentiful :)

Reality is beautiful!!!

I feel that. :x Honestly I’m at this point where yes I can sense this depression but it’s not really suffering in ~that ~ way so I’m doing perfectly fine, it’s actually quite mystical . It has already been there but it’s more that other things have cleared themselves out so it’s more apparent. So my awareness of it is actually a result of a “deepening” in a sense . At least from my point of view but maybe I’m missing something 

Edited by Sugarcoat

NO!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When you realize nonduality is a farce

"Increased awareness" would be a better way to call it. It can increase much more tho. So you become deeper and deeper aware of what the Truth that already is.

5 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

So my awareness of it is actually a result of a “deepening” in a sense

This.

You cannot love what you need.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

"Increased awareness" would be a better way to call it. It can increase much more tho. So you become deeper and deeper aware of what the Truth that already is.

This.

I’ve been wondering about this. Does awareness ever “increase” or is it just that something else “decreases “ and unravels so it’s more apparent ?

but yes there’s always more deepening . It’s so unpredictable and unexpected and genius

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

When you realize nonduality is a farce

????

31 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I’ve been wondering about this. Does awareness ever “increase” or is it just that something else “decreases “ and unravels so it’s more apparent ?

Mmm.. It can be both. When the noise of the mind subsides it's easier to become aware of the subtle phenomena, "to get in touch with reality" as they say. But at the same time your ability to perceive subtle phenomena can be cultivated and refined to a higher and higher degree evermore.

Ego or your subconcious mind has many layers, now your awareness has sinked a bit deeper and revealed a new layer of the subconcious and you became aware of sadness. Now suppose there are 1000 more layers like that deep inside you. Each one brings new level of healing, wisdom, relief, expansion, freedom, liberation, radience, an increased flow of energy and vitality etc. Basicly at the end of it all you'd be glowing and beaming like Jesus. That's the path in a nutshell.

Edited by Salvijus

Btw if you were to put your awareness on that saddness and hold it, abide in it. The alchemy of transformation and healing would begin to take place. Sadness would get replaced by Light on its own. And then the next layer would pop up eventually. That's your starway to heaven.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

hmm idk. I lowkey feel like “putting your awareness” on something is just your mind enhancing something. 
You can’t move or direct awareness. That’s mental activity not activity of awareness. Things can move change adjust grow decrease but awareness itself is just unchanged 

6 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

hmm idk. I lowkey feel like “putting your awareness” on something is just your mind enhancing something. 

MIND is all possible somethings.

7 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

You can’t move or direct awareness. That’s mental activity not activity of awareness. 

Mental activity is imagined - GOD is the ultimate director of everything.

9 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Things can move change adjust grow decrease but awareness itself is just unchanged 

YOU move, change, adjust, grow, decrease 

6 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

@Salvijus

You can’t move or direct awareness. That’s mental activity not activity of awareness. Things can move change adjust grow decrease but awareness itself is just unchanged 

Hmmmmm.. there's some truth to it. But it's more complex and nuanced then this.

At least i think we all can agree that there is stuff we are not concious of. And there is potential in us to become concious of that stuff.

See... awareness is always there perfect. But your discernment between what is awareness and what is mind stuff can be cultivated and refined to a higher and higher levels. As this discernment increases, ability to penetrate the deeper layers of ego increases. As you clean the ego, the Self shines ever more brightly 

Edited by Salvijus

On 2023-07-15 at 11:18 AM, Salvijus said:

Hmmmmm.. there's some truth to it. But it's more complex and nuanced then this.

At least i think we all can agree that there is stuff we are not concious of. And there is potential in us to become concious of that stuff.

Mmm I agree. 

Sometimes conceptual insights or contemplations happen by themselves so all this “nuance and complexity “ can reveal itself spontaneously so I’ll just let this be 

On 2023-07-15 at 11:35 AM, Salvijus said:

See... awareness is always there perfect. But your discernment between what is awareness and what is mind stuff can be cultivated and refined to a higher and higher levels. As this discernment increases, ability to penetrate the deeper layers of ego increases. As you clean the ego, the Self shines ever more brightly 

There’s no fucking end to this mind I swear? the second I feel I’ve gotten in touch with anything real and tangible boom another layer of mind tension dissolves bruh 

Edited by Sugarcoat

26 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

There’s no fucking end to this mind I swear? the second I feel I’ve gotten in touch with anything real and tangible boom another layer of mind tension dissolves bruh 

Haha, yea i know what you mean : )