VictorB02

Inner Authority

27 posts in this topic

True spirituality requires an incredible amount of inner authority and courage. And the reason why is: who else can decide for you that what you’ve Awoken to is real? Who else can decide for you that the Reality you’ve encountered through your spirituality is real? Obviously, nobody else can do that for you, because if they were, then it wouldn’t be real, right?

It wouldn’t be you actually having an awakening. It wouldn’t be you actually realizing God. So there’s a fundamental key insight here, which is that any awakening, any mystical experience, any realization you have, can only ever be verified by you and you alone. You can never get approval from anyone for your awakenings. You can never show anyone your Awakenings precisely because awakening is outside of any limitation / concept / boundary your ego-mind imagines / shares / talks about to try to "capture" it. Including this post.

It’s infinite. Awakening is infinite. And it’s precisely for this reason that you need inner authority, because you will be gaslit. You will be told you’re crazy. And maybe the saddest of all: you yourself will start to doubt the reality of what you saw, and you will be led astray from your intuitive impulse and where your heart is pulling you.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Bingo!

GOD can't be meek.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

And it’s precisely for this reason that you need inner authority, because if not, you will be gaslit.

"You" can not be gaslit when having realizing Absolute Truth, or what You really are. 

To even consider that one can be gaslit on Absolute Truth is a kind of joke. Gaslit by "whom"? Gaslit on "what"? And "who" can be gaslit?

When you really get enlightened, and know who you are, you can't doubt that. Until then: Better keep doubting each and any arising in your mindstream, and burn it in the fire of your primordial Impersonal Awareness/Emptiness/Being...

Realize what you really are, become Reality itself, and "you" will get the joke.

And "you" don't need inner authority, you just need to realize what You are.

And then one can be meek&compassionate&loving all day long, and not get gaslit in any way....

Of course, if one still feels gaslit by "external" arisings (or "other" opinions arising in ones perspective) on ones "Awakenings",  one has to put ones foot down. Not that the Realization of timeless eternal Absolute Truth suddenly stops, or gets doubted by "others" or "oneself"...

As long as there is a "you" that can be led astray.... well, gotta stop the gaslit! 

Water by the River

PS:

35 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

who else can decide for you that what you’ve Awoken to is real

Real Awakening is not a decission. It is a realization beyond any possible doubt. Doubt arises in IT.

28 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

True spirituality requires an incredible amount of inner authority and courage. And the reason why is: who else can decide for you that what you’ve Awoken to is real? Who else can decide for you that the Reality you’ve encountered through your spirituality is real? Obviously, nobody else can do that for you, because if they were, then it wouldn’t be real, righ
It wouldn’t be you actually having an awakening. It wouldn’t be you actually realizing God. So there’s a fundamental key insight here, which is that any awakening, any mystical experience, any realization you have, can only ever be verified by you and you alone. You can never get approval from anyone for your awakenings. You can never show anyone your Awakenings precisely because awakening is outside of any limitation / concept / boundary your ego-mind imagines / shares / talks about to try to "capture" it. Including this post.

It’s infinite. Awakening is infinite. And it’s precisely for this reason that you need inner authority, because if not, you will be gaslit. You will be told you’re crazy. And maybe worst of all, you yourself will start to doubt the reality of what you saw, and you will be led astray from your intuitive impulse and where your heart is pulling you.

Thank you for this. This is what I'm realizing. This is something to contemplate on. This is why I trust my intuition, even though doubts creep in, but I've recognized that the devil is strong, but God is stronger, and God is all there is; so whatever thoughts are not aligned with Source is not the Truth and to be able to see pass the deception is what Spirituality is all about and some. 

Know thyself....

What says your inner authority is right, sounds like two authorities to me??

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

You're right. The Ego voice shouts. Your intuition whispers. Learn to decipher between the two. Silence helps with that.

Know thyself....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're right. The Ego voice shouts. Your intuition whispers. Learn to decipher between the two. Silence helps with that.

Beautiful. Intuition doesn’t need to shout to be heard

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

Beautiful. Intuition doesn’t need to shout to be heard

?

Know thyself....

45 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

"You" can not be gaslit when having realizing Absolute Truth, or what You really are. 

To even consider that one can be gaslit on Absolute Truth is a kind of joke. Gaslit by "whom"? Gaslit on "what"? And "who" can be gaslit?

When you really get enlightened, and know who you are, you can't doubt that. Until then: Better keep doubting each and any arising in your mindstream, and burn it in the fire of your primordial Impersonal Awareness/Emptiness/Being...

Realize what you really are, become Reality itself, and "you" will get the joke.

And "you" don't need inner authority, you just need to realize what You are.

And then one can be meek&compassionate&loving all day long, and not get gaslit in any way....

Of course, if one still feels gaslit by "external" arisings (or "other" opinions arising in ones perspective) on ones "Awakenings",  one has to put ones foot down. Not that the Realization of timeless eternal Absolute Truth suddenly stops, or gets doubted by "others" or "oneself"...

As long as there is a "you" that can be led astray.... well, gotta stop the gaslit! 

Water by the River

PS:

Real Awakening is not a decission. It is a realization beyond any possible doubt. Doubt arises in IT.

This is why I love to see oppositions to certain posts. It makes you think. Helps to think for yourself, regardless of whose right or wrong, but, then again, whose right or wrong becomes relative if it's not Absolute Truth.

Know thyself....

35 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Intuition is only as good as the training it received. 

Open a chess game and play only with intuition, youll loss non-stop for years because there is no foundation behind it. While a pro can use nothing but intuition (no deep thinking) and perform well.

Spirituality or any domain is similar, it still takes time to refine ones intuition. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Bingo!

GOD can't be meek.

If you seek outside authority to recognize you how would go about it to dismantle that need?

27 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

if it's not Absolute Truth.

Yes. Absolute Truth is non-conceptual. Beyond any conceptual "Awakening".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prajñā_(Hinduism)

Not exactly a new idea. And for the Afficionados: Prajñā is not mainly Buddhist term. Not that some innocent religion gets shot this time. Please shoot this time: *** . Um, well, one can google it oneself if one is inclined for the shooting.

And it is self-evident once realized. Always eternally here. Never having been anywhere else.

If ones whole field of Awareness including the whole world shouts: Its wrong! That wouldn't change a thing. Because IT is self-evident. It is beyond any possible doubt. There is nothing further or higher. All of that would be relative appearance WITHIN Oneself, WITHIN Absolute Reality. IT IS. And IT IS You.

Ralston: "some insight that'll come to me aha or some such it's not that. It is you so it can't come to you"

I see this "putting the foot down" to not be gaslit since quite some time. It is a hilarious attempt of securing ones belief in certain "AWAKENINGS", not realizing the self-contradictory move of doing that. Absolute Truth can never be gaslit, and doesn't need to put the foot down. And it is not dreaming. The dreaming CAN appear WITHIN IT. And the waking up.

Sorry, if one can be gaslit, and needs to protect ones "Awakenings" or whatever in an aggresive way... well, pretty self-explanatory.

And mercy with the rodents please, they have a place in the Great Chain of Being

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_chain_of_being

thank you

Water by the River

PS: By the way, yours truly doesn't consider himself as Nondualist or Buddhist or anything at all for that matter. On planet Gosuwabotl, planet 3 circling Sun Nr. 14124124234 in the galaxy Canis Major Dwarf, another spiritual system could be called Gosuwabotl *****-ISM. And if it would point to Absolute Truth, yours truly would be perfectly sympathetic to it, but also not identify with it. And I expect there are at least millions of alien civilizations in this Universe alone, with millions of different ***-ISMs leading to Absolute Truth. Not to talk about all other dimensions/Universes.

Edited by Water by the River

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bingo!

GOD can't be meek.

f*ck no. 

2 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Yeah thats the whole point of my post. Thats what I'm saying: People will gaslight you, but if you have the "Inner Authority" You won't buy it. That doesn't mean gaslighting isn't real in a relative sense.

Of course, if one still feels gaslit by "external" arisings (or "other" opinions arising in ones perspective) on ones "Awakenings",  one has to put ones foot down. 

I'm not using "Gaslit" as a feeling, Im using "gaslight" as a verb. Like, the act of someone literally telling you that something isn't True, when it actually is True. Im saying that people will literally gaslight you and tell you you're wrong. That doesn't mean you "feel" gaslit necessarily. I think I worded that kinda janky in the OP. I fixed it.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Thank you for this. This is what I'm realizing. This is something to contemplate on. This is why I trust my intuition, even though doubts creep in, but I've recognized that the devil is strong, but God is stronger, and God is all there is; so whatever thoughts are not aligned with Source is not the Truth and to be able to see pass the deception is what Spirituality is all about and some. 

B|

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

I don't know what else to tell you. It's perfectly clear from my perspective.

4 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@VictorB02 Great!! :D 

Similar to the message here:

Exactly! That video planted the seed for this understanding to flourish in me. 

3 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

Yeah thats the whole point of my post. Thats what I'm saying.

Ok, got it.

Somebody recently complained (in a quite, um, motivated way) about being gaslightened, or gaslit, or criticized, or whatever, about certain Awakenings. Which are/were supposedly Absolute Timeless Truths. Invincible Truths, so to say.

That is why the words "gaslit/gaslightened on" and "Awakening" in close combination strikes yours truly as a rather unlucky combination.

Water by the River

2 hours ago, Water by the River said:

You certainly can be gaslit about it.

Someone will inevitably say something like, "Oh, that was just a state from psychedelics and those don't count, or it was all just a hallucination in your brain."

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

I don't know what else to tell you. It's perfectly clear from my perspective.

You gave me an answer ??