Leo Gura

Psychonauts Unite! -- Share Top Lessons You Learned From Your Tripping

136 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

(Wanted to reply on there^, but felt it more appropriate on this thread)

Another warning is assuming that there’s 0 chance of harming yourself on cannabis (this includes both marijuana and hemp). As cannabis becomes more widely accepted and legalized all around the world, there’ll be some who use it for hardcore spiritual purposes. It’s likely that those people have little to no experience with altered states of consciousness, may have mental disorders, and will also use cannabis in immature ways. Without proper support and theoretical foundation, they can be led down a dark path without understanding how to get out of it.

And like I mentioned before, do not underestimate the power of THC. Even if you take a product with higher CBD to help balance the psychoactive effects, THC is still not to be messed with. I’m super sensitive to THC… even a 0.5mg change in THC can acutely alter my state of consciousness.

Keep in mind I take cannabis oil prescribed to me by a doctor, which has strict testing and regulations in place. Because of this, I know exactly how much CBD and THC I’m getting. Depending on where you live, however, this may not be the case for you (e.g. USA). You’re probably taking more THC than what your product claims and even heavy metals and contaminants, even if you buy yours legally.

The good news is when your support system is fortified and constantly improving, cannabis can definitely be used in positive ways. And by positive, I don’t just mean getting high and mellowing out, I also mean facing parts of yourself you don’t want to face and bringing up traumas you didn’t know existed. 

—-

Here’s a story of a kid who used it immaturely, which ultimately led to his own suicide. This scenario, while rare, is not impossible:

https://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/rocky-mountain-pbs/mother-is-desperate-to-warn-others-about-the-harms-of-thc-concentrates/

to me weed is like DMT

The devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

to me weed is like DMT

Yes me to its causes a similar thinking pattern that does not work well for my body. The experience I get is like opening 10 YouTube videos and listening to all of them at the same time, everything gets noise and its hard to exist. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

17 hours ago, integral said:

Yes me to its causes a similar thinking pattern that does not work well for my body. The experience I get is like opening 10 YouTube videos and listening to all of them at the same time, everything gets noise and its hard to exist. 

smoked a small joint at 10/15% THC and it was like a peak of about 250ug of LSD, maybe even more disturbing/brutal.

Do you have internal hallucinations? what do they look like?

I feel like it's very individual :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

@Schizophonia which strain was it?

No idea, I stole it from a family member lol.
All I know is the THC percentage (they told me that on one occasion), which is 10-15% from memory.
It's something they use "to rest a bit in the evening", so certainly not amnesia, white widow etc.

edit : did you order modafinil? ?

Edited by Schizophonia

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

smoked a small joint at 10/15% THC and it was like a peak of about 250ug of LSD, maybe even more disturbing/brutal.

Do you have internal hallucinations? what do they look like?

I feel like it's very individual :ph34r:

YEs same, I took a THC extract of purplehush and was brutally kicked around for hours at some point I had a childhood memory of the first time I discovered the world, Memory: I was looking at a door as a 2-3 year old child and thought "a door is something that separates 2 rooms" and I remember being mind blown by that insight as a infant! lmao

The hallucinations are random and noisy and forced, so there is no control of anything, its like a incoherant dream changing constantly to something else rapidly. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Schizophonia I see, in the Netherlands though, when I buy weed, they have only the name of the strains, but not the percentage of THC. I have to do some research then.

51 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

edit : did you order modafinil? ?

Nope, not yet. Still in vacation rn

That separation is an illusion and that there’s no inside or outside to experience. That everything in the universe works as one interconnected system, with one boundless open space that’s silent, still and unchanging containing it all, which if one taps into creates a total freedom from suffering, endless bliss and peace forever (forever meaning outside of space and time). That from this unity unconditional love is a natural consequence and that such love/bliss/silence/stillness/infinity is the substratum of it all. 

That reality is not physical, material, dull and solid but rather fluid, vibrant and alive energy waiting to only present itself as seemingly dull and material for a tiny moment. That there’s so much more out there in terms of the multiverse and other dimensions. 

That life is a total mystery and that everything is ultimately unknowable, and that unknowability is actually the very essence of what we call “God”. 

That the true “I” is outside of space and time. 

Never did I mention the psychotherapeutic aspect of psychs on the human ego but what I learned from that is equally vast as the non-dual stuff but it’s too personal. 

To use most effectively and safely requires that psychedelics aren’t ones only tool in the toolbox of personal growth because if it is you might be better off never doing them because of the risks. 

Nobody uneducated in non-duality, spirituality, religion, shamanism, psychology, basic self help, mindfulness and meditation should even THINK of taking psychedelics unless under a therapist’s care. 

Learn to work your way up extremely slowly and enjoy the process. Do not expect to breakthrough to some grand realisation that will solve it all. That does NOT exist. 

No grand realisation will solve one’s human problems so beware of spiritual bypassing. 

Remain open but skeptical, and more than anything watch your ego as it will almost certainly inflate at times. Never hold onto any spiritual statement/teaching too tightly while working with psychedelics, and always rest in the unknown. Be intellectually honest that everything is unknowable, don’t take yourself too seriously because nothing in life is too serious, and enjoy the ride. ??

Have fun! Don’t be too serious.

On 19/8/2023 at 10:45 PM, integral said:

On 19/8/2023 at 10:45 PM, integral said:

That's why the 5meo was so difficult to you. was exactly the same for me. two puffs of weed, and distortion, confusion, noise. I have had to vape 5meo dmt many times, more than 50, 70, I don't know, to gradually align what was distorted. In addition to meditating daily, doing mushrooms, etc. I intuitively understood that there was a distortion at the root of my psyche, it had to be equalized and the only effective way was to dissolve my mental pattern and by doing so, see, understand. now i can smoke weed and my mind is empty, spacious. reality dancing. lsd the same, and 5 meo very easy, it no longer seems to me an interesting substance, it's like its work is done (but maybe malt could be very interesting). I recommend to you breaking up, over and over again, with free base. The benefits are huge

Edited by Breakingthewall

27 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's why the 5meo was so difficult to you. was exactly the same for me. two puffs of weed, and distortion, confusion, noise. I have had to vape 5meo dmt many times, more than 50, 70, I don't know, to gradually align what was distorted. In addition to meditating daily, doing mushrooms, etc. I intuitively understood that there was a distortion at the root of my psyche, it had to be equalized and the only effective way was to dissolve my mental pattern and by doing so, see, understand. now i can smoke weed and my mind is empty, spacious. reality dancing. lsd the same, and 5 meo very easy, it no longer seems to me an interesting substance, it's like its work is done (but maybe malt could be very interesting). I recommend to you breaking up, over and over again, with free base. The benefits are huge

Ah Thank you for that explanation, it seems like I just need more practice. 

respecting someone is not the same as not insulting them.

I used to overlook the deepness and weight of the word "Respect". 1.5 g of shrooms changed my perspective of what that word means and the meaning of "treating someone with respect".

we have respect and Respect. The second one involves a comprehension of the intrinsic infinite value of a person regardless of whether they are useful to us or not.

Edited by pablo_aka_god

Non-Negotiables

1. Trusted source and proper dosage

2. Dedicated day off for tripping and contemplating. 

3. Ensuring all basic necessities good food, water, comfortable space are present. You don't feel a need to eat still have some fruits handy. It's a drag thinking of going out to buy anything. 

Good to have

1. Talking to your partner or friend is also a next level experience especially if you are starting out.

2. Customised tripping playlist

3. Leo's video just before tripping to set the mood of the trip or also you can use it while comedown after the heavy peak to better understand and ground yourself. 

4. Somewhere to write your insights

Great to have

1. Written list of specific questions beforehand which you seek answer to / specific problems you are looking solution to..

2. Good prior understanding of metaphysics & epistemology.. questioning mind, open-mindedness, a positive outlook towards life.

3. Nature walks, creative activities such as writing, art to engage with, visioning, imagination.

Strict don'ts 

❌ Don't do it with bunch of idiots

❌ Don't mix substances which you don't have any idea about what can happen

❌ Don't be in a rush to take high doses. First increase your capacity to handle and master lower doses. 

❌ Don't take major decisions and actions about your life path while tripping...you can write it out and also write out how to view it once you come down to your baseline state. 

Just because you are taking the exact same "strain" and "dose" of a substance doesn't mean it will go exactly the same way as it did before. Often the same exact dose, from the same batch, in the same setting - can have incredibly varying effects. It really depends on where you are at. I wish I would've known this sooner as it would've stopped me from upping my doses to unnecessary heights. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

18 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Don't do psychedelics when you are not 100% your notmal self. The anxiety will not go, it will be exacerbated.

The ultimate goal of psychedelics isn’t to treat anxiety. It’s to understand Mind itself in any and all expressions! This is why most mental health professionals and scientists are still skeptical about psychedelics to this day. In their eyes, if psychedelics don’t prove to reduce “unwanted” symptoms in a consistent, controlled manner, then surely it isn’t a proven method to work and should be avoided.

I also find that these professionals don’t know how to effectively address situations where patients “go insane”. They see it as a problem that needs to be suppressed, rather than it being a key component of healing.

This is where specialized, psychedelic therapists come in. They would have a deeper understanding of how to handle cases where a patient gets to a 11/10 distress level (which psychedelics can certainly activate, as you know firsthand.)

In short, the traditional mental health professional’s goal is to help patients stay “sane” and a functioning member of society, while also helping them face fears using a surface level, manageable approach. A psychedelic therapist’s goal, on the other hand, is to help guide (and even encourage) the patient to confront their deepest fears head-on without resisting it, which on the surface can look painful, ugly, and wrong.

(Certainly not everyone is interested in Truth at a deep level, so traditional mental health support is still useful.)

Edited by Yimpa

On 16.7.2023 at 2:50 AM, Loveeee said:

Trick to potentiate LSD trips :

Lying perfectly still on the onset. Dissociation comes fast, ego-death too

Bonus if you do it in silent darkness following your breath 

You wouldn't believe how deep I've gone with only 2 tabs, heck even just weed 

I ate edibles (too much for how sensitive I am) once after spending a day blindfolded because I was training my visualization capabilities. Jesus Christ, it's so easy to just completely lose yoursel in the darkness, especially if your mind was attuned to trying to detect the most subtle phenomena and kind of pull it into your imagination.

ON MDMA

MDMA has a psychedelic side, not in terms of visuals but in terms of lowering your default mode network and being an appropriate tool for self exploration and transformation, but unlike other substances that are likely to bring transformation even when you are just looking for fun, MDMA is very much at the service of your intention. If you just want to get wasted mdma will help you get wasted, if you just want to have fun you will have fun, if you want to heal trauma mdma will help you with that, if you want to do something that scares you (e.g. socializing as a shy and or socially anxious person). Also you have to be very deliberate with creating your set and setting for growth and you follow up is very important (well, this is actually relevant to psychedelics in general).

Also, it does have a potential for addiction and hurting your brain if you use too much or too frequently. Read about dosage and frequency. Dosage is weight dependent (although people of the same weight might have differences in tolerance). For frequency try to wait at least 3 months but if you can wait more it's even better because even with proper use you will eventually lose the magic and by distancing mdma sessions you have more time for integration between uses and you can use it in different stages of your life.

MDMA is quite useful for people with trauma and for socially anxious people.

Recommendation for socially anxious people: spend the month before the trip(or more) trying to socialize as much as possible. It will probably be uncomfortable, you might not feel the progress but still do it. Take notes after returning home. Read your notes throughout the week before the mdma trip. Take your dose and go to a social setting, ideally an activity where you can find both people you know and people you don't know and that is moments for socializing, ideally an activity you like for example a concert or party with your kind of music. Socialize, take notes the days afterward. Reflect on the experience throughout the next days and try to go to social events sober again to integrate the process.

The point of socializing on MDMA is not to depend on the MDMA but to carry the lessons to the next social events to integrate them and not lose them.
By the way, you might still feel social anxiety during a social event if you are socially anxious... and this is actually good, this allows mdma to teach you better ways to handle that anxiety. What often happens if you feel the anxiety then the euphoria kind of pushes and fights the anxiety and you can sort of learn by "muscle" memory (emotional memory? brain usage memory? meta memory?)  how to partially replicate that mental/emotional movement.

Dont forget safety practices:
-drinking appropiate amounts of water
- eating and sleeping as well as possible the days before and after
- Avoiding heat excess

-Testing your substance with a reagent kit (if it's not mdma send it to the trash)

- Counterintuitive: weed after the trip seems to be neuroprotective... but use strains that have more CBD than THC

On 8/21/2023 at 11:04 AM, integral said:

Ah Thank you for that explanation, it seems like I just need more practice. 

Microdosing can be an alternative as well. Drugs are only a stimulant, a catalyst, in truth....you could trip without the drug....that's one of the secrets. I've stated in the past that I once took weed as an edible and tripped for over a month....that let me know....your body is the REAL DRUG, drugs just open your awareness to what your body is capable of.....truly amazing when you realize this.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

After a few mushroom trips, I learned that you don't need to trip because the reality you experience is still the same as when you are sober.

No other place that exist for me to be. I could feel it and it was so obvious. Maybe not a lesson and only a funny shroom trip, but it felt right.

#1 Reality is wierd and we take it for granted.

Edited by D2sage

There are several issues that I haven’t seen addressed here that one may consider.   These tend to come up in ceremonies, but most here seem to go it alone.   The first is trauma informed facilitation.  Most facilitators are ignorant of trauma and don’t know how to guide or help you which means you will be retraumatized instead of receiving healing.   I don’t use the word “shaman” anymore because in the West there are no shaman, they are facilitators.   The other issue is possession.  There is the possibility of being possessed by spiritual entities, or an entity expecting you to serve it upon receiving help.  You wont believe this until it happens.   The other big issue, of course, is integration – how to use the medicines to transform your life rather than being a one night experience that just becomes another memory.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I will add this from my own experiences. 

This is when I first started experimenting with psychedelics I started about two years ago 2020. This is somewhat of what I wrote back then. I Inoculated my own with a spore syringe I cultivated my own fungi Colonization, Cultivation has four key phases: Inoculation, Colonization, Fruiting, and Harvesting. I also connected to either my consciousness or I was communicating through some sort of telepathy to another consciousness. It felt as though my whole body started to vibrate waves of gleeful ecstatic love of such warmth that started from my feet all the way up to my head. It's almost as though we connected at such a deep level of harmonized awareness that it kind of felt like two minds melded into one and like a euphoric mind orgasm. Or it was more like metaphysical love.

It's so hard to expound or expand on it. I have never felt that before on 4-HO-DMT then again I have never taken that much before. So the first night I took 6g and the second night 15g of golden teacher while inebriated. I have taken more than 15 grams since then about two years later that's another story.

And four months prior to that I took low doses of the McKennaii b+ 1g to 2g up to 5g four 2 to 3 times a week. As well as micro-dosing 3 times probably 0.15g 0.30g 0.50g somewhere in those ranges in the same weeks for about six

months, and yes you do build up a tolerance to psilocybin, such that it requires a much higher dose each time. Until it has no effect at all you need to take a week or two weeks off of 4-HO-DMT. But those four months are another story. And preceding this well it would have been when I was 18 to 19 years old and didn't really feel too much when I was on them back then and I probably tried them5 times in those two years. Anyway, I don't like to use the word souls maybe my consciousness became aware of another conscious mind and somehow we interfaced and exchanged knowledge and love perhaps it was my own. consciousness or my own Godhead I became one with and I was communicating with.