BojackHorseman

Why do we believe in gods?

23 posts in this topic

Not GOD

Gods. The big beaded man, the greek, indian, whatever gods. Often sorta humanoids.

Because it's reassuring?

Because it's interesting as whatever other made-up fantasy story would be?

Do you believe in them, one, another, or all of them?

If so, why are you trusting a man or woman far far away in the past that wrote those stories? We can't trust most people nowadays, they can't trust themselves, how was it different in the past? Manipulation and insanity certainly did exist too.

How do we have proof the persons did not imagine this, and not have contact themselves with those greater forces?

So considering all of this, what are gods for you? Are they something that exist? If not, I guess it's probably just like some magic stuff where some practicionners do know and admit that it's all just stories and fake tools, that help them find guidance in real life and unravel their psychological problems.

Edited by BojackHorseman

They are forces pictured as something. Dimensions of reality un explained so we put them into little avatars

Edited by Hojo

10 minutes ago, Hojo said:

They are forces pictured as something. Dimensions of reality un explained so we put them into little avatars

Oh ok. This makes sense. So basically more complex stuff that we may understand later with science, or stuff that the human brain cannot comprehend because...well we're humans and our comprehension is probably limited no matter how hard we try.

In that case tho, One could say the "classic" gods and sacred texts are as good as any other fantasy character/story.

@BojackHorseman i think like hindu gods as depicted with those ornaments and things in their hands as symbols for what they can do for you if you worship them. Or they symbolize what the god does. So they might have actual value such as this

chat gpt

The symbols associated with the Hindu goddess Kali hold various meanings and interpretations. Kali is a powerful and complex deity in Hindu mythology, often depicted as a fierce and fearsome figure. Here are some of the symbols associated with her and their representative meanings:

Black or Dark Skin: Kali's dark complexion represents the eternal darkness that existed before the creation of the universe. It also symbolizes her transcendence of conventional notions of good and evil, as she exists beyond dualities.

Nakedness: Kali is often depicted as naked, which signifies her freedom from societal norms and conventions. It represents her raw and uninhibited power.

Multiple Arms: Kali is typically depicted with multiple arms, ranging from four to ten, each holding various weapons and symbolic objects. These arms symbolize her immense power and ability to multitask. They also suggest her ability to protect and bless her devotees.

Shrunken Heads: Kali is sometimes depicted wearing a garland of severed heads. These heads symbolize the ego, which she has conquered and transcended. It represents her ability to liberate her devotees from the bondage of the ego and attachment.

Tongue: Kali is often depicted with her tongue sticking out. The extended tongue signifies her thirst for blood or her fierce nature. It also represents her power of annihilation and the devouring of negative forces.

Sword and Trishula: Kali wields a sword and a trishula (trident). The sword represents knowledge and the cutting of ignorance. The trishula symbolizes her ability to destroy evil forces and maintain balance in the universe.

Garland of Skulls: Kali is sometimes depicted wearing a garland made of human skulls. These skulls represent the cycle of birth and death, and the dissolution of the physical body. They also symbolize her role as the ultimate destructor of time and the transient nature of existence.

Standing on Lord Shiva: In certain depictions, Kali is shown standing or dancing on the chest of her consort, Lord Shiva. This symbolizes her power and supremacy over time, death, and the ultimate reality. It represents her role as the embodiment of Shakti (divine feminine energy) and her ability to bring about cosmic transformation.

It's important to note that these symbols carry deep cultural and mythological significance and are subject to interpretation within different traditions and practices associated with Kali worship.

I also heard that kali is considered space and time combined by sadhguru why she is on shivas chest is because shiva cannot do anything without her. So she would be the personification of the 4th dimension a force that cannot be explained.

Im sure the stories all have deep meaning in them but you have to research and understand them and that would be like worshipping the god, and saying mantra and shit to them

I have a dream of this god when I was a child she destroyed the earth with an asteroid and i was flung up into space on a peice of earth and she came to my piece with her tongue out and stared at me.

goddess_kali_lord_shiva.jpg

Edited by Hojo

@Enlightement  Im not scared of demons you are and they are real, they leech you. In infinity can demons exist? of course you literally are thinking of one that means its possible

Edited by Hojo

@Enlightement It dosent make sense that there are no demons. A demon is just an upset ghost and they want to smoke or fuck so they watch your movie and tell you to fuck or smoke

Edited by Hojo

@Enlightement by definition of god they exist god is infinity that means demons are real. Can you tame them is the question. What you said was demons dont exist there is only infinity. If you dont want them dont believe them but if you already believed in them and only dont want to cause you are scared of them then I dont know if that works its just lying to yourself out of fear

Edited by Hojo

Being afraid of demons is equivalent to being afraid of the boogeyman. We have the ability to recognize any being as a creation of one's mind, and therefore not separate from Self.

Brains Do Not Exist 

In fact, "demons" especially, are a creation of the fearful, judgemental aspect of mind, aka ego, which believes in duality/separation.

For example, a person who comes across as angelic to you may appear to be a demonic person to another. Good and evil are entirely relative and only exist through one's judgement of Unconditional Love.

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

Are you the entire existence right now? No you are a separation you arent god right now stop pretending to be god right now. Until you are demons exist

Just now, Hojo said:

Are you the entire existence right now? No you are a separation you arent god right now stop pretending to be god right now. Until you are demons exist

I Am The Entire Existence Right Now. 

Brains Do Not Exist 

Well then you are a demon in me cause im not.

Edited by Hojo

6 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Well then you are a demon in me cause im not

The last time I talked to the Devil he told me I was him and I was he.

He hasn't bothered me since! ?‍♂️

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

@tuku747 I think we have different beleifs I know im god but im not god when im in my 3d body, God is outside this realm of 3d god is in 9d im in 3d right now are you in 9d right now? to say you are god in 3d is not right

Just now, Hojo said:

@tuku747 I think we have different beleifs I know im god but im not god when im in my 3d body, God is outside this realm of 3d god is in 9d im in 3d right now are you in 9d right now? to say you are god in 3d is not right

Yeah, see you're creating the separation by imagining it as so. That's your right as Creator. But you are willingly limiting yourself. I choose not to do so in the name of peace of mind.

Brains Do Not Exist 

@tuku747 So are you or you would just put understanding into my brain and not use a forum

Just now, Hojo said:

@tuku747 So are you or you would just put understanding into my brain and not use a forum

wat

Brains Do Not Exist 

@tuku747 you are limiting yourself to a forum right now. God cant perceive anything

Edited by Hojo

@Enlightement i was talking to tuktu, if hes god then hes a demon in my head cause god is everything. The only reason god is god is cause its free from fear love and everything. God is with us all our lives and never flinches at anything. Its the ultimate meditator. Imagine being in a meditative state while you get blindsided by a tree thats what god can do. It can get raped 1 million times and not flinch. It can go absolutely insane and still be so focused on itself it dosent even notice. The reason we are not god right now is because we at some point in our lives were so scared of something we disassociated from it and now we must die. If you werent born meditative you arent god right now

Edited by Hojo