Slipper

But Leo... How is it possible that no other teachers are AWAKE?

477 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What's technically happening is that he is dreaming so deeply that he has constructed a nondualist dream. This dream includes all the nondual theory he has learned, all the meditation retreats he went on, all the books he's read, all the teachers he's looked up to, all of his models of what consciousness is, and his own telling to himself that he has reached the end and Awoken. So when you talk to a nondualiat you are talking to a guy lost in all that, unable to see how his mind is constructing all that. And he will be in total denial about it.

It's possible to directly realize the sameness in everything without embracing nondualist dogma. I had never even heard the term, nor meditated, until after I joined this forum.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

32 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Oh yeah, especially if you keep feeding self-doubt. 

Nevertheless, it can also be an invaluable teacher when you take the plunge and are open to discovering the source of self-doubt. No doubt is too great when your heart is in the right place.

Yeah I completely agree. Self doubt seems to be a fundamental lack of Love in some way. A division. 

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

@Leo Gura

Why don’t you create a new science where consciousness is fundamental?

Like:

• Applied Consciousness to Engineering
  • Applied Consciousness to Art
  • Applied Consciousness to Business

I’m thinking about how we can embedded spirituality into all human domains not just to enlightenment, philosophy, peace and happiness.

9 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

Yeah I completely agree. Self doubt seems to be a fundamental lack of Love in some way. A division. 

7 years ago I decided to do a 10-day vipasanna retreat from home. I was still living with my parents at the time, so I instructed them to not speak to me and to be as quiet as possible. They obliged. 

One night during the retreat, I’m in my kitchen ready to make some food. As soon as I open the fridge, I notice something different… I spot a white takeout box, with something along the lines of “Enjoy, my son :)” written in bold, black Sharpie on the top.

I remember being so pissed about seeing this as I’m holding the box, because I was thoroughly convinced that I needed to remove all stories about myself and that I had to be nothing. In hindsight, this reaction was a travesty, because it was clearly an opportunity for me to see LOVE in that damn kitchen.

This whole idea of removing all ideas about yourself and to become nothing is complete horseshit, but a necessary step to realizing how foolish you are for rejecting LOVE.

On 7/12/2023 at 4:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

1) There is a lot of value in those books just in so far as building up a good life goes. It's a good foundation. You don't wanna be spiritually illiterate.

2) The tantra book is quite technical. Unless you are gonna make tantra your path you don't need to read the whole thing. Skim it for the general nuggets of wisdom.

Are you talking about the ''Book of Secrets: 112 Mediations to find the Secrets Within''.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Just now, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Are you talking about the ''Book of Secrets: 112 Mediations to find the Secrets Within''.

Hey, that book is a secret that only Leo’s book list purchasers can know about!

54 minutes ago, Moksha said:

It's possible to directly realize the sameness in everything without embracing nondualist dogma. I had never even heard the term, nor meditated, until after I joined this forum.

And I never realized I was LGBT until I left religion :)

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

I think what Leo is saying is that realizing it’s all consciousness doesn’t tell you anything about what consciousness is. 

nondualists like how religious people will say God can’t be explained, will say consciousness is nothing, or that Brahman can’t be explained. but Leo is saying it can . by going to a higher, much higher perspective

Edited by Oppositionless

35 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

I think what Leo is saying is that realizing it’s all consciousness doesn’t tell you anything about what consciousness is. 

nondualists like how religious people will say God can’t be explained, will say consciousness is nothing, or that Brahman can’t be explained. but Leo is saying it can . by going to a higher, much higher perspective

I hear you, but the god that can be explained isn't the true god.

Leo has good intentions, and I'm sure he helps many people. However, anything suggesting separation, whether it's aliens or an infinity of gods, is not actually true.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

42 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I hear you, but the god that can be explained isn't the true god.

maybe that's just a limit of our current state of consciousness

4 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

Job offer:

On 3.4.2023 at 11:15 AM, Water by the River said:

Job Responsibilities:

• Staying in your Empty Mirror Nature.
  • Trying to not confuse the image in the mirror, or its not-so-empty frame, with the Empty Mirror itself.
  • Sometimes not refusing to tell other Empty Mirrors that maybe not only the reflections in their Empty Mirror are imagined, but also that their whole frame of “their” empty mirror is imagined. Sometimes it may even be wise to highlight that maybe possibly the frame of the Empty Mirror is not fully gone. Or unwise, see the little confusion-incident happening in the video above.
  • Looking in your Empty Mirror Nature and knowing “It” is still there, and you being it/having ever been it/ever will be it, while being told by a “fellow” Empty Mirror with a maybe still not fully gone frame that there is no Empty Unchanging Eternal Mirror, and that all there is the changing flow of reflection in the Mirror with a frame. Then, looking deeply into the Empty Mirror, and being very relieved the still being there/never not having been there/always will be there-ness of the Empty Mirror of your True Being.
  • Smiling and staying loving when encountering imagined bears.

On 3.4.2023 at 11:15 AM, Water by the River said:

Benefits and Compensation:

• Compensation Package: Getting to experience the infinite bliss of your true empty mirror nature 24/7, directly being wired from the Big Boss, Reality itself.
  • Insurance Package: Even if you get confused and rack up Karma on your frame, rest assured that the Trust Fund of your True Nature will always bail you out. Its true potential will burn any amount of Karma that you like to paint your frame or mirror with. The processing time for the withdrawal from your Trust Fund can take quite some time, but rest assured that in the end it will always be delivered.
  • Having lifelong fun in appearing to still have a frame while just having just a big maintenance-free Infinite Empty Mirror.

Still hiring! But no hurry, hiring forever and ever and ever, eternally!

An Infinity of open positions!

Actually, always already ones final job!

Selling Water by the River

7 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

In the moment you realize god, you know that it is limitless. There's no form with the capacity to channel limitless source, and form itself is clearly seen to be imaginary.

6 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Breakingthewall, just an idea: Why not visit him at some time in the future, and see for yourself? Maybe even do some trips together? If he is the real deal and enlightened, you will be able verify that quite fast for yourself from the states he radiates, and what states he induces in you.

I read his site, and I said that his "enlightenment" is  A kind of limitation. reality is not "nothing", reality is limitless. Everything. 

He emphasizes the emptiness of the mind, the absence of the ego, the control of emotions. He says that children are born enlightened but education corrupts them. all that is superficial imo. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

What I'm talking about does not invalidate the oneness of everything. Of course anyone can realize that everything is one without ever learning nondual theory. I am pointing to things beyond these basics.

As with science, just because I say that science is imaginary does not suddenly make all of scientific observations invalid. You can still discover that the sky is blue even without scientific dogma. But scientific dogma still distorts your whole understanding of what the sky is. I am not denying your discovery that the sky is blue. I am saying that you don't have a full comprehension of what the sky is and how it works.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What I'm talking about does not invalidate the oneness of everything. Of course anyone can realize that everything is one without ever learning nondual theory. I am pointing to things beyond these basics.

As with science, just because I say that science is imaginary does not suddenly make all of scientific observations invalid. You can still discover that the sky is blue even without scientific dogma. But scientific dogma still distorts your whole understanding of what the sky is. I am not denying your discovery that the sky is blue. I am saying that you don't have a full comprehension of what the sky is and how it works.

Directly realizing the sameness in everything is different from the idea that everything is the same. Nor does naming the realization substitute for the realization. The realization is direct, and beyond dogma.

Seeing boundaries where there are none is dogma, and is inconsistent with realizing god.

Anyone can claim to understand god, but the integrity of the claim is proven by integration. If you are aligned with god, as god, it flows through you and dissolves the conditioning of your mind.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Anyone can claim to understand god, but the integrity of the claim is proven by integration.

NO! False.

You don't even understand that all your integration-chasing is a dream. You do not have understanding.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

NO! False.

You don't even understand that all your integration-chasing is a dream. You do not have understanding.

As I said in another thread today, chasing integration is a mistake. It's an egoic trap that only leads to suffering. Integration is a natural byproduct of surrendering to god.

You can't integrate what you don't understand.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't integrate what you don't understand.

True understanding is direct, and is incomprehensible by any apparent mind, regardless of its form.

God doesn't ask for you to understand it to set you free, you just have to surrender to it. When you do, it dissolves everything about you that isn't real.

@Leo Gura When you say the word 'understanding' for you that means intellectual understanding? Like, with words? Or is more like a certain perception/subtle Intelligence about what is going on?

Because it seems to me that people might be rejecting this whole thing about understanding, because they think it can be put into words/language.

And it clearly isn't, if not we should be able to 'understand' all of what you understand if you could just tell us with words ?

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.