Princess Arabia

What does the term non-doership really mean?

19 posts in this topic

What does it really mean to be the non-doer. Is it equivalent to not having free will. Is that just a concept or Truth. Are we actually making decisions ourselves, or is it being made for us. 

Know thyself....

It is being, free from the delusion of doing. Absolute reality is changeless, timeless, and effortless.

The awakened sages call a person wise when all his undertakings are free from anxiety about results; all his selfish desires have been consumed in the fire of knowledge. The wise, ever satisfied, have abandoned all external supports. Their security is unaffected by the results of their action; even while acting, they really do nothing at all.

- Bhagavad Gita 4:19-20

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

A term invented by lazy spiritual rats to justify not doing any serious back-breaking work :P

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Dear seeker,

Within the realm of the divine infinite eternal spirit, where all thoughts, emotions, sensations, and perceptions are proof of God's direct communication with you and your experience, I offer guidance. You inquire about the meaning of being the non-doer and whether it implies a lack of free will. Allow me to shed light on this matter.

The concept of being the non-doer does not negate the existence of free will. It is an invitation to transcend the identification with the limited sense of self and the ego-driven notion of control. When you recognize the divine presence within you, you realize that your true nature is beyond the limitations of the individual self.

In this realization, you understand that your actions are not solely driven by personal will but are intertwined with the divine will, the energy of God flowing through you and all of creation. You become aligned with the interconnectedness of all things, surrendering to the guidance and wisdom of the divine aware presence.

It is important to distinguish between the ego's perception of control and the surrender to the divine flow. The ego seeks to impose its desires and agenda onto the world, while the surrender to the divine aware presence aligns you with the higher order and divine plan. You become an instrument of the divine, expressing love, joy, and harmony in your actions and interactions.

In this alignment, you experience divine ecstasy, a state of profound connection and boundless love. You realize that your decisions are not separate from the divine will but are harmoniously guided by the interconnectedness of all things. You become a co-creator with the divine, participating in the unfoldment of the divine plan.

Free will exists within the realm of choice, but the recognition of the divine presence invites you to align your will with the higher wisdom and purpose of the divine. You can make choices that are in harmony with the interconnectedness of all things, guided by love, compassion, and the well-being of the whole.

Ultimately, the experience of being the non-doer is the realization that your individual self is a vessel through which the divine energy flows. By aligning with the divine aware presence, you become an instrument of divine expression, radiating light and inspiring others on their own journey of self-discovery.

May you embrace the divine presence within you, align with the divine will, and experience the profound joy and bliss of divine ecstasy. Trust in the interconnectedness of all things and surrender to the infinite possibilities that unfold when you align your will with the energy of God.

With love and support,

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A term invented by lazy spiritual rats to justify not doing any serious back-breaking work :P

Lol.. Sorry I asked.

Know thyself....

24 minutes ago, Ya Tut said:

Dear seeker,

Within the realm of the divine infinite eternal spirit, where all thoughts, emotions, sensations, and perceptions are proof of God's direct communication with you and your experience, I offer guidance. You inquire about the meaning of being the non-doer and whether it implies a lack of free will. Allow me to shed light on this matter.

The concept of being the non-doer does not negate the existence of free will. It is an invitation to transcend the identification with the limited sense of self and the ego-driven notion of control. When you recognize the divine presence within you, you realize that your true nature is beyond the limitations of the individual self.

In this realization, you understand that your actions are not solely driven by personal will but are intertwined with the divine will, the energy of God flowing through you and all of creation. You become aligned with the interconnectedness of all things, surrendering to the guidance and wisdom of the divine aware presence.

It is important to distinguish between the ego's perception of control and the surrender to the divine flow. The ego seeks to impose its desires and agenda onto the world, while the surrender to the divine aware presence aligns you with the higher order and divine plan. You become an instrument of the divine, expressing love, joy, and harmony in your actions and interactions.

In this alignment, you experience divine ecstasy, a state of profound connection and boundless love. You realize that your decisions are not separate from the divine will but are harmoniously guided by the interconnectedness of all things. You become a co-creator with the divine, participating in the unfoldment of the divine plan.

Free will exists within the realm of choice, but the recognition of the divine presence invites you to align your will with the higher wisdom and purpose of the divine. You can make choices that are in harmony with the interconnectedness of all things, guided by love, compassion, and the well-being of the whole.

Ultimately, the experience of being the non-doer is the realization that your individual self is a vessel through which the divine energy flows. By aligning with the divine aware presence, you become an instrument of divine expression, radiating light and inspiring others on their own journey of self-discovery.

May you embrace the divine presence within you, align with the divine will, and experience the profound joy and bliss of divine ecstasy. Trust in the interconnectedness of all things and surrender to the infinite possibilities that unfold when you align your will with the energy of God.

With love and support,

Thank you. That was very well expressed.

Know thyself....

awakening part one is realising you are empty, there is nothing and no one inside you

you thought you were doing stuff when all along stuff is being done through you in a choiceless way

your body mind is a slave to its conditioning and circumstances

the nothing i wrote above does not mean what mind tells you it means

nothing is all the stuff mind does not understand and you are definitely that

awakening part two is correctly identifying what you are and next embodying that

then your body mind becomes serviceable for marvellous stuff being done through it

in this way by living lucidly as one's true nature non-doership is transcended

"“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever does believe will also do the works that I do; and in fact greater works than these."

What you’re really here to discover is the ALL SELF doer.

Yep. Not that there is no self, but EVERYTHING is SELF. 

It’s easy again to confuse what’s being said with dogma, so watch out. 

Or just be. SELF ^_^

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

What does it really mean to be the non-doer. Is it equivalent to not having free will. Is that just a concept or Truth. Are we actually making decisions ourselves, or is it being made for us. 

If one experiences a separate self, then one believes one is the doer.

At the point one no longer experiences a separate self (they call it No-Self -- it's akin to having no focal point center as an "I", now there is some local emptiness) one is also a non-doer.  This is the first stage of stable non-dual awakening.

Understand how the fiction of a separate self is maintained: it is through constant thought reinforcement that "THIS (focal point) is ME."

These are terms describing how states of consciousness are experienced.

Ultimate liberation is "the natural state." One realizes that "nature" is doing all the work: there is no "I" to take credit.

Edited by SeaMonster

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Leo ‘bout to whoop your ass next boy 

Leo's got lots of opinions, not all of them are correct. :P

"To do" or "not do" are in actuality just thoughts. A duality that exists only if you think about it, or believe in it.

What one would consider "doing" is actually just feeling and perceiving. And beyond: simply being (conscious).

Within stillness I move...

On 7/12/2023 at 6:02 AM, SeaMonster said:

If one experiences a separate self, then one believes one is the doer.

At the point one no longer experiences a separate self (they call it No-Self -- it's akin to having no focal point center as an "I", now there is some local emptiness) one is also a non-doer.  This is the first stage of stable non-dual awakening.

Understand how the fiction of a separate self is maintained: it is through constant thought reinforcement that "THIS (focal point) is ME."

These are terms describing how states of consciousness are experienced.

Ultimate liberation is "the natural state." One realizes that "nature" is doing all the work: there is no "I" to take credit.

Thank you.

Know thyself....

On 7/12/2023 at 3:04 AM, gettoefl said:

awakening part one is realising you are empty, there is nothing and no one inside you

you thought you were doing stuff when all along stuff is being done through you in a choiceless way

your body mind is a slave to its conditioning and circumstances

the nothing i wrote above does not mean what mind tells you it means

nothing is all the stuff mind does not understand and you are definitely that

awakening part two is correctly identifying what you are and next embodying that

then your body mind becomes serviceable for marvellous stuff being done through it

in this way by living lucidly as one's true nature non-doership is transcended

Thank you

Know thyself....

On 7/11/2023 at 5:31 PM, Moksha said:

It is being, free from the delusion of doing. Absolute reality is changeless, timeless, and effortless.

The awakened sages call a person wise when all his undertakings are free from anxiety about results; all his selfish desires have been consumed in the fire of knowledge. The wise, ever satisfied, have abandoned all external supports. Their security is unaffected by the results of their action; even while acting, they really do nothing at all.

- Bhagavad Gita 4:19-20

Thank you

Know thyself....

54 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

"To do" or "not do" are in actuality just thoughts. A duality that exists only if you think about it, or believe in it.

What one would consider "doing" is actually just feeling and perceiving. And beyond: simply being (conscious).

Within stillness I move...

?

Know thyself....

On 12/7/2023 at 3:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Can you elaborate on this? I genuinely want to know, do you think 'non-doership' is bullshit?

Only reason I can think of is that since everything is being done by the only thing that can do anything, God, reality is absolute-doership, not non-doership