not-a-faerie

Things i don’t get - what’s the point what’s the arrogance what’s with

8 posts in this topic

if i seem angry or presumptuous remind yourself that I’m trying to show you what i don’t understand. My question. 

And again I’m just using words and you i whatever because what else am i supposed to use to explain my question? 

1. What insight am I supposed to get by contemplating self?

It literally doesn’t matter to explore self as if “I” know it or experience it. every time “I” try to do it I just laugh and lose interest immediately. The self , as far as my experience, doesn’t exist and doesn’t not exist, there’s no thing or experience or consciousness that is “self” nor “not self” I use “I me my” but that’s just pointless attribution of what is experience as if there is self and not self. It’s just that fundamentally it’sa question about a dichotomy that doesn’t matter, and isn’t insightful about reality. All there is is… experience itself, and

2. what’s with the arrogance and entitlement in assuming that a. you know what my experience is and b. You know what your… x y z whatever is.

(Again, i/you/me/your/whatever is just a nod towards the fact that you’ve never experienced another persons experience, i don’t care if you’re awake or enlightened or not self because you ducking are…  Limited. Not infinity. Not even you. Nor your experience. You don’t know how your mind works, and all you can attribute to existence and knowing, is what you observe.)

I can only speak from the perspective I’m in. Again, “I me my” is just a lack of better terminology. You have not been me, so you can’t say “oh you are god you are infinite you are consciousness” like you’ve actually been, purposefully and repeatedly, all that you have ever have been, will be, and again, I’m meaning experience, perspective, consciousness, whatever. There is no knowing. There isn’t consciousness even, what a pointless term. Like, let’s take the assumption of the brain as an example.

The brain makes your heart beat. If you know what you are, what your experience/consciousness is, then stop your heart from beating. Make it beat faster. Not by cardio, but sheer power of will. Can you do it? If not, then who are you to say you have had everything? Stop thoughts. Literally have no new thoughts for ten hours, no sight, no hearing. Be nothing, and no not asleep. Can’t do it? Then you don’t know ... What’s the point of making the assumption that you know all of yourself let alone my experience?

Ok let’s discard the example of brain/physics/science/objective reality. If you’re infinite and god, then go experience all of your life before now in an instant before answering my questions. Describe what it’s like to die, and how you die. What your last thought is. Can’t do it? Then why are you telling me what x y z is as if you know it?

“Knowing” is a trick, not reality. “Higher consciousness” makes assumptions such as the dichotomy of less and transcendence.

Want to prove that you can say anything with confidence about my consciousness? or even yours? Ok then Experience my life. And then tell me something about me I’ve not explained. Ok now tell me what it’s like to have been consciously a newborn, with the knowing that you have experienced it a thousand times. Tell me something humble about infinity and god.  Can’t do it? Then stop the arrogance. 

Not arrogant? so what? you’re here expecting you to have the answer and to be more awake than others. that’s arrogance. You don’t know others. 

You don’t know yourself. Sorry, struggling to come e up with a way to capture what i mean when i say, you don’t know yourself. I didn’t know i was xyz and didn’t know what i know now. There’s more to learn about… everything. I could spend eternity meditating on consciousness and there’s more to learn. I could study physics forever and not find all of it. You, I, Leo, Orange Face, only know a limited understanding of theirselves.

3. What’s the point of enlightenment work, beyond the humility of practicing calmness and humbleness?

To transcend? Find enlightenment? Infinity? No, masturbation. Self indulgence. It’s chasing trips.

“ oh no I’m not indulging “ yeah you are. And I’m not saying this like i know you or think you’re wrong. I literally am saying, i find no interest in exploring enlightenment that isn’t just practicing stripping away assumptions. anything else is…

4. Not infinity. There’sa difference between being infinite and being infinite. I don’t disbelieve that infinity can be experienced, but it’s not all there is, there’s more. I remember Leo saying that reality is predetermined, well that’sa limit. If reality is infinity, then constantly new things are happening. If all that could’ve been or could be already happened, well there’s more about to happen/have happened/etc. assuming infinity, that u is.

really there is no past or future, reality didn’t happen , and doesn’t happening. There isn’t the present past or future. Infinity is just the presumption that you’ve transcended being human.

I’m curious what the conscious experience of a bear is. If you’ve transcended x y z I’d really appreciate a discussion about what bears’ consciousness is like.

And what if I’m “wrong,” there is past and future. So what? That’s a limit. And therefor not infinity. There are infinite counting numbers, and that’s not all of everything, it’s nothing. Infinity is incomprehensible because once you’ve comprehended it, there’s more you didn’t even begin to imagine. And if you comprehend infinity infinitely, you’d be blind to all the things you have no ability to imagine. There isn’t everything and then nothing, there’s everything and then everything else and then everything unimaginable and then even more. That’s what’s infinity. Consciousness is infinite, cool, but infinity is unlimited. So if you describe something that is limited all you do is show that you don’t have infinity. So how is consciousness infinity?

5. Revisiting 2. , specifically annoyance over one liners on the forums. Can’t know others, If you could then there be no discussion or confusion, you’d understand me enough to say the perfect set of sentences to lead me to awakening. So stop acting like you’re everything the forum needs. If you were, then every discussion would end with your post, barring someone new came in to question or challenge it. It’s catch 22, if you’re really enlightened to the point that you can tell me what i need to know in a one liner, then the one liner would be the last post. But it’s not, so making one liners is silly as f.

Emphasis on 1 and 3.

If you die and you understand what you are you wont die or will remain conscious after you die. If you dont you will lose control of your consciousness become unconscious and be forced into a reincarnation through manipulation by the aliens or whatever the fuck it is can keep you trapped and recycle your infinite energy. But they can't force you if you know what you are.

If the earth keeps on this path that means your lives will get worse and worse as the planet gets worse and worse and you will be perma trapped until God saves you 

Its literally the most important thing you could be doing

Edited by Hojo

I got a massive headache trying to read what you wrote, I’m sorry.

I AM nutz

4 hours ago, not-a-faerie said:

1. What insight am I supposed to get by contemplating self?

To know what you don't know. For example, Love. Do you know everything to know about love, how it works, how to develop it, how to manifests it, how to know source love? Do you know all the types of love and how they relate to each other. Do you really know? Do you really everything there is to know about love? Do you even know what it truly is? Does it even exist? Is it a creation? Or is a reaction? Or is a response? Is it an attitude? What is it? Where is it? Where is it not?  Is it the same as Hate? How is similar to hate? How is it different? Am I love? Is Hitler love? Why? Why not? I could think of hundreds or thousands of questions. 

2. what’s with the arrogance and entitlement in assuming that a. you know what my experience is and b. You know what your… x y z whatever is.

All someone can do is to shine a light on something they discovered in themselves. It is up to you to see if it is relevant or not to you. If you are lying to yourself, you and only you have to live with that lie.

3. What’s the point of enlightenment work, beyond the humility of practicing calmness and humbleness?

Not many people have the courage and tenacity to "bushwack" and cut through the jungle called self-discovery. They would rather follow a path that has already been taken. What they don't realize is that it goes in circles, and they need to carve their own way eventually.

4. Not infinity. There’sa difference between being infinite and being infinite

That's something you must discover for yourself. Only you have the answer to that question.

5. Revisiting 2. , specifically annoyance over one liners on the forums.

When you are confident in what you know, you can easily handle other people's Pov and not be affected by them. You know that they, themselves are asking questions and acting like asses because, they are going in circles too. When you see enough truth and trust your inner truth, it is easy to view the rat race with amusement and love. It is like watching externally, like you were watching tv or something. So, if you are annoyed, you are too involved in the game.  Which is totally fine, depending on the role you are playing.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

To know what you don't know. For example, Love. Do you know everything to know about love, how it works, how to develop it, how to manifests it, how to know source love?

does love depend on self? 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

When you are confident in what you know, you can easily handle other people's Pov and not be affected by them.

I see, thanks. I guess I am quick to see rudeness from others, I guess I am sensitive to it, when it is not necessarily there in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, not-a-faerie said:

does love depend on self? 

That depends on your definition of self and love.

I AM nutz

@not-a-faerie

Great questions! You a very deep and insightful person! 

Well, you will have to realize what love depends on by yourself. I will give you one perspective, however. Love has no barriers. So with this piece of information, you know the more barriers that you, yourself have... The more limitations you have on love. It is a personal discovery. 

You are beautiful.

LOVE

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

6 hours ago, not-a-faerie said:

I literally am saying, i find no interest in exploring enlightenment that isn’t just practicing stripping away assumptions. anything else is…

That's fine.  That's what it's all about.

One of those assumptions (a cardinal one arguably), however, is an unconscious frame of what "I" currently means to you.

Unless you are (fully) enlightened, there is still a sense of personal "I" to some degree.  There is still an "I" thought of some kind.

As long as there is an "I" thought, you are still clinging to a lot of other assumptions about yourself, such as identifying with certain personality aspects.  This is limiting.  One is at war with parts of oneself until one is enlightened and goes through integration.