Danioover9000

Systemic Racism?

13 posts in this topic

What is systemic Racism, and what is your definition?

IMO, in my words, here's how I define systemic racism:

What is systems, and systemic? It means that there's a moderate to big thing that contains multiple parts and other elements that make up that one big thing. So, for example, if you like at air plane factories, one airplane factory is not just one singular thing, that factor contains the assembly lines, the markers and symbols, a control room, human resources, automated machines, and parts of an air plane that was designed in a person's mind and blue printed, in the drawing boards and the 3d modelling systems the air plane designers do, then after many deliberations between designers and engineers and stress, they make thousands of simulations, then they make each part of the plane and assemble it. Finally that factory outputs that aircraft, which is also a system onto itself because it's also not just an airplane but a thing made of multiple other parts, and even other systems that are small enough to fit within the airplane like the electrical systems and gasoline piping systems. Another example is society, it's one giant thing which onto itself is made of many infrastructures.

What is Racism? Simply put, it's a sub derivative off of the field of discrimination. What is discrimination? When one sentient and conscious agent discerns reality into parts, into comparisons and contrasts, and when one thing discriminates another thing, sentient things or non-sentient things for survival purposes, for example I'm discriminating hemlocks from blue berries, or discriminating toy guns from real guns, or discriminating camouflage patterns to warning patterns on a creature. So, racial discrimination is a sub derivative of discrimination based on what a person's skin colour is, approximately, and is specific between human to human discriminations, like I'm white and your black, or he's Asian and your white. Racism also is systemic, as well as overt to covert as well.

Also a bit confused by this YouTuber, like how about define systemic racism then? Why so triggered? Not just systemic racism but there're other words loaded terms as well, but systemic racism to me feels most loaded and needs careful defining and clear, clarity of framework in discussing what is systemic racism, before discussing how do we improve ourselves, or improve as an individual to overcome these systemic issues? I mean it's in that word too as well, systemic, which means that almost no matter how hard you make appeals and fallacies to logos, ethos and pathos in your video, your appealing to individualism, which is mostly asymmetrical to systemic racism or systemic issues, because systemic deals with systems and collectives, and much less with individual parts. Can someone explain this part to me?

Do you guys agree or disagree with my definitions, or is there a better explanation? I have yet to see someone actually tackle on this systemic racism, and give it a proper definition seriously, like most videos or most podcasts this systemic racism or systemic issues, when brought up, the interviewer and guest just talk circles around these terms, like COME ON!

Edited by Danioover9000

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

What is systems, and systemic? It means that there's a moderate to big thing that contains multiple parts and other elements that make up that one big thing.

Nice, I like it. I would add methods of collaboration including the effects on production, industry, work hierarchy, social hierarchy, fair distribution of profits... I don't know quite how to include it but the observance of practices and policies that maintain the best possible opportunities for all, including the methods to ensuring the prosperity of our planet's support system (sustainability, eco-management/regulation, etc...)

It relates to the administration, prioritization, policies, research and identification and strategic handling of problems related to the community at a macro/micro or individual level.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

What is Racism?

Well, when your (half-black. 1/4th white) 9-year-old daughter comes home from crying because kids keep calling her a racist because she would rather be alone and read in silence because kids are always berating her for being weird (plus she just likes to read) ... You kind of get disillusioned about all this racism talk. In fact, if it is not a specific incident (like videos of police brutality) ... you start to really question, what the fuck is going on here....

Most of the time (not always), when I look at racism, I see... Bias, narrow-mindedness, suppression, unkindness, hostility and the like that is present. Same old toxic human behaviors that used to be present during the Jim Crow era and decades after... now repackaged into and new label called racism. 

As for equal opportunities... I can look at the Cesspool of Bullshit written on this forum and almost shit my pants to think what goes through the minds of people who are not on this self-improvement/spiritual path. Can't make the horse drink the water, as the saying goes... But you can sure hear him bitch about how hard it is to get water.

I think "systemic racism" is nonsense.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

I would say systemically Asians have it more challenging in America but culturally Blacks have a disadvantage.  On the other hand, if they based applications purely on merit, there will be more Asians and rich white kids.  I would say at the end of the day it's a class difference.  If a black person came from a well-to-do family and both parents are together their path to higher education is much easier than any other race, except native Americans which ironically have it worst than the Blacks because there are less rich Native Americans than Blacks.  

If they want to fix systemic racism, they need to put more money into education in poor neighborhoods because at the end of the day its more about income than race.  

The crime problem in poor places can also be linked to a lack of education.

Edited by Tanz

1 hour ago, Tanz said:

If they want to fix systemic racism, they need to put more money into education in poor neighborhoods because at the end of the day its more about income than race.  

We need to put less money in education. Not by budget cuts but by being efficient. With Cloud storage and technology, it would be rather cost effective to standardize education and create interactive computer modules. The core classes should be in developing critical learning skill. Like reading, writing and arithmetic, and other learning related skills. Eventually, when these skills are learned and even mastered, each student can start taking modules to explore their interests and have a path to explore their fields of interest.  Courses that do not include technology should be socially centered like small group critical thinking, debates, short speeches and talks and having a variety of non-mainstream activities that are social and noncompetitive, such as LARPs. 

An efficient standardized education system, that maximizes learning and thinking skills will reduce to eliminate privileged education by socio economic status and facilitate a more inclusive school system. Poor kids will get the same education as rich kids. It will reduce costs due to a more balanced distribution of government funds. Less costs for all the textbooks and school supplies and many other costs due to efficient spending. 

As for putting income into neighborhoods... I don't know I haven't put much thought into that. 

What are your own personal thoughts on the subject, not the ones of your political party?

Many of us are SD yellow and up. I think it is time that we start relying on and cultivating and promoting our own ideas. It is time.  

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

6 hours ago, Ajax said:

Cloud storage and technology, it would be rather cost effective to standardize education and create interactive computer modules.

Poor kids during the lock down online learning phase during the were not using it.  Rich people were okie during this time but the poor people lost 2 years of education for their kids. They either didn't have reliable internet connection or lacked parental supervision to overlook things. Online learning works best when parents come from an educated background and he able to be present.

The poor kids lack foundation and resources just giving them equal online learning wont work. The poor neighborhoods need both education and community connection. These things are costly and the nation will have to choose to not pump the stock market and wage war or fund war. Building a community doesn't make money but fucking up people's lives and getting people sucked in materialism does. Without a consumer based society the world we live in won't work.  Heaven forbid should we focus on empowering people and true happiness. The thought of a world like that would give a polician nightmares 

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Also a bit confused by this YouTuber, like how about define systemic racism then? Why so triggered? Not just systemic racism but there're other words loaded terms as well, but systemic racism to me feels most loaded and needs careful defining and clear, clarity of framework in discussing what is systemic racism, before discussing how do we improve ourselves, or improve as an individual to overcome these systemic issues? I mean it's in that word too as well, systemic, which means that almost no matter how hard you make appeals and fallacies to logos, ethos and pathos in your video, your appealing to individualism, which is mostly asymmetrical to systemic racism or systemic issues, because systemic deals with systems and collectives, and much less with individual parts. Can someone explain this part to me?

You can only justify things such as slavery and segregation with a whole society predicated on dehumanizing the group of people you're exploting. Race was never really much of a thing until the Crusades. Then it became a tool for rallying people into the holy wars and later still was used to justify slavery and colonialism. This video is amazing summary of the history of that process:

You can also see how recent the impact of institutions had on black people in the US here: 

Amazing video, although it's long. It's eye opening to see how much how early the racism debate is mainstream. 

Edited by Israfil

6 hours ago, Tanz said:

Poor kids during the lock down online learning phase during the were not using it.  Rich people were okie during this time but the poor people lost 2 years of education for their kids. They either didn't have reliable internet connection or lacked parental supervision to overlook things. Online learning works best when parents come from an educated background and he able to be present.

Ok, I am listening. You got my attention. 

First question, Do you think the current education system is relevant and up to date and is adequately designed to prepare children to be as prepared as possible for succeeding in this new information/technology age?  If so, please tell me why and provide me with some examples.  If not, please tell me what has to change?  Putting more money, without a design, plan, delivery system, and all other administrative tasks related to it. Therefore, after you explain to me the changes, tell me how more money is going to help. I am ready and eager to learn. LET's GO!!! It has to be fairly distributed because we got 50 states and each one of them has this systemic racism, So the states with lower education is going to need much more money to have a balanced education system.  So how much money is it going to take to ensure every state to have the money they need to have the tools to survive in this new world. Are we going to have to double our budget, triple our budget? 5x our budget?  I got many other questions, but the most important are related to either maintain the current course of education or the necessary changes that need to made to adapt to circumstances.

So what are you suggesting, what does the lock down have to do with the potential of online learning, I am not making the connection, that does not make sense to me. Online learning is pretty much the only way we can navigate and learn what we need to learn in the information age. I take online courses that help me learn certain skills, like web design. If I want to learn about making videos, I will take a few courses on Udemy. You see, education is less about knowledge and more about learning how best to learn so you can learn the skills you want and need.  It is more directed toward personal and self-learning.   I am still trying to figure what your point is here... online learning was inadequate 2 years ago so, we should move toward an education system that using technology to learn relevant skills to prepare for the future? What? Help me out here...  I did write a 50,000 word analysis of about the Standarization model works and possible means and implication however, it has it is in a rough form and so it would be illegible to show, but I could provide excerpts and refine some sections if you have specific inquiries.   So like, what are you saying... The old school way of teaching kids is the best, with textbooks nobody reads, homework that people don't do or just half-ass. Please show me how that is relevant and more important than a transition to computer based learning. I am always excited to learn, tell me more.

7 hours ago, Tanz said:

The poor neighborhoods need both education and community connection.

Yes, I have many, many questions related to poor neighborhood and education, but I will let you finish your reply before I ask some of them. As well as community connections, I would love to explore than in depth. 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

As for putting income into neighborhoods... I don't know I haven't put much thought into that. 

What are your own personal thoughts on the subject, not the ones of your political party?

I didn't really get an answer to this question, I would love to know your thoughts on it. 

This is an interesting video. Can you spot where each side talking about systemic racism goes right and goes wrong? Where the biases distort which facts to suit and defend their egos?

@Danioover9000

I already know that they already know what they know and so I know what they are going to say so no sense in hearing and learning, I will just talk about how I know that they know what they know and that is all they know.

Spin, spin, spin the dog chases its tail.

On 6/30/2023 at 0:31 AM, Ajax said:

Do you think the current education system is relevant and up to date and is adequately designed to prepare children to be as prepared as possible for succeeding in this new information/technology age? 

The education system was never relevant, it is designed to create workers and stimulate GDP.  

Are we going to have to double our budget, triple our budget? 5x our budget?

Its hard to say how much it will cost but there are solutions to cut costs in the areas of administration.  I just know that teachers need to double and even triple their salaries.  This will attract more competition and improve the teaching level across the board.  There are some affluent public schools in America that receive no funding from the government, instead, they are completely funded by the community, which allows them not to be influenced by the government.  I have graduate-level education, if a school wanted to hire me, they would have to pay me at least 300k a year and still that would be considered a pay cut for me.  

Online learning is pretty much the only way we can navigate and learn what we need to learn in the information age.

Poor kids dont have environments with structure so if you leave them at home, they won't be learning.  Also, whos going to watch them if both parents are working?  Home-schooling works and kids become very independent because one or both parents are around.  I send my kids to private school, monetary wise, its a waste of money because I can do a better job than the teachers but I send my kids to school because of the social environment it offers.  

My graduate-level education was also bullshit but I needed it to get the job because society doesn't have any other way of measuring competence

41 minutes ago, Tanz said:

The education system was never relevant, it is designed to create workers and stimulate GDP.  

So what do the teachers need all that money for?

As a (for simplicity sake....) black person, I don't "systemic RACism" is mostly deteriorated thus pretty much some horseshit that victim-minded people may occasionally throw around. Does it exist? Perhaps/Probably, but I think its DOMINANTLY more about Culture/Class above else 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

So what do the teachers need all that money for?

Idealisticaly teachers would empower students to learn, ask questions, and create future leaders. 

School creates an environment for kids to learn social skills. 

The system doesn't want to create competition just a workforce and foolish people that will vote for them.