Buck Edwards

Another soul has entered my body. Very weird paranormal post.

54 posts in this topic

@Moksha  I tried proclaiming to my therapist that I understood what God is. However, I realize now that I was sneakily needing to get her approval and praise. She never gave it to me in a manner that catered to my own personal expectations, which is one of the best teachings I’ve received. 

It seems that the subtler the teaching, the more potent it is. 

I AM gay

@Yimpa Remaining aware is simple, but extremely difficult because of the deeply programmed needs we have for seeking external approval. This only further entraps us in misidentification, if we are unwilling to wean ourselves from it. It has value, but only to a point.

The absolute walks a fine line in awakening to itself. In most forms, it is too mesmerized by its illusions to break free, without helping itself through other forms. It's a process of gradually developing deeper internal trust, until external inspiration is no longer necessary. At that point, the mirage separating the internal from the external dissolves.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Yimpa Remaining aware is simple, but extremely difficult because of the deeply programmed needs we have for seeking external approval. This only further entraps us in misidentification, if we are unwilling to wean ourselves from it. It has value, but only to a point.

The absolute walks a fine line in awakening to itself. In most forms, it is too mesmerized by its illusions to break free, without helping itself through other forms. It's a process of gradually developing deeper internal trust, until external inspiration is no longer necessary. At that point, the mirage separating the internal from the external dissolves.

yes nicely expressed, a delicate balancing act indeed

True spiritual life is very easy. You just need to surrender, let go of everything. Take refuge in the Buddha or the Self or consciousness, whatever you like to call it. It's all names. And you take refuge in this by not allowing the world to make you feel anything. Robert Adams

if anyone would like some spiritual meat on a daily basis, these tweeters i follow share about one hour's reading per day of nice nuggets:

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1235640524729614336

... some other random stuff mixed in there too, can make your own list based on these if you like

Edited by gettoefl

@Enlightement I've experienced both being controlled and feeling a sense that I am someone else, on separate occasions. These things may be shadow or anima possession, which Carl Jung identified or it could be a genuine spirit. I would ask you to see whatever it is as an aspect of yourself, rather than something outside of you. I did develop paranoid schizophrenia, not necessarily saying you will. What is this spirit like?

@Yimpa i know pouting dosent get you anywhere i was pouting in my room for 8 years. It would have led to my suicide had i not tried mushrooms. Being a victim makes you a victim.

Edited by Hojo

8 hours ago, Hojo said:

i know pouting dosent get you anywhere i was pouting in my room for 8 years. It would have led to my suicide had i not tried mushrooms. Being a victim makes you a victim.

And I’m proud of you for taking back your life! I’ve been in your shoes… now we have discovered the light and will shine this light in perfect harmony 

I AM gay

13 hours ago, Moksha said:

Remaining aware is simple, but extremely difficult because of the deeply programmed needs we have for seeking external approval. This only further entraps us in misidentification, if we are unwilling to wean ourselves from it. It has value, but only to a point.

A peaceful surrender. Yes, I’m allowing myself to wean off of my selfishness. When I do find myself being selfish, I allow any voice that comes up to express itself, without needing to fight with it.

My therapist once taught me that dealing with thoughts with more thoughts keeps you stuck.

I AM gay

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

A peaceful surrender. Yes, I’m allowing myself to wean off of my selfishness. When I do find myself being selfish, I allow any voice that comes up to express itself, without needing to fight with it.

My therapist once taught me that dealing with thoughts with more thoughts keeps you stuck.

Your therapist is right. Fighting fire with fire only feeds it. Dealing with thoughts requires being aware enough to observe their birth and death, without trying to save them. The more you practice this, the easier it becomes until you are keen enough to catch your mind in the moment it tries to slip away, and return your focus to the absolute.

My surrender wasn't peaceful. It was desperate, pleading, and destitute. It has to go that deep in order to take you through the gate to yourself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Moksha said:

My surrender wasn't peaceful. It was desperate, pleading, and destitute. It has to go that deep in order to take you through the gate to yourself.

I’m becoming more aware of the suffering that I’m creating for myself. Part of me is justifying the suffering and wants to maintain parts of it. 

It wants to maintain itself!

I AM gay

7 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I’m becoming more aware of the suffering that I’m creating for myself. Part of me is justifying the suffering and wants to maintain parts of it. 

It wants to maintain itself!

Awareness of the source of suffering is critical to dissolving it. It's like slogging your way out of a swamp. There's enormous resistance from the mind at first, but it gets easier as you progress to shallow ground.

The ego doesn't go down without many fights, and it will test your sincerity to the bloody end. ⚔️

@DefinitelyNotARobot don't you think God could duplicate itself infinite time then duplicate itself infinite times then duplicate itself infinite times and then  attach the infinite duplicates to another in a line of 3? In that case you do have a unique soul and you are a unique God and others exist.

Edited by Hojo

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Take it as a suggestion that there are alternative perspectives through which this experience can be interpreted.

Yes, be open to alternative perspectives. This requires being less selfish, which the ego perceives as death, yet it’s actually LOVE!

I AM gay

@DefinitelyNotARobot yes I am not taking anything personally I am also just making a suggestion. Whether I disagree or agree has nothing to do with truth of anything. It is just another piece of God's opinions. If I sound harsh or opinionated it is not me doing it.