Sandhu

Minimalism Revolution : Live intentionally.

24 posts in this topic

<iframe width="1122" height="565" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J8DGjUv-Vjc" title="MINIMALISM: Official Netflix Documentary (Entire Film)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The minimalist revolution is not about deprivation or austerity. It is about choosing to live with intention and focus on what is truly important to us. It is about finding joy in the simple things and living a more fulfilling life.

what do you think people?

Edited by Sandhu

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

Recheck the post, but to that, I would say....Balance. Minimalism is the counter to recent developments in society that propel 'activity/stimulation/consumerism' to which Minimalism is essentially the polar opposite. Each end of the spectrum has their benefits but up to you to discover what fits you best

true simplicity is more of a mental thing for me then the external stuff follows (buying less etc) because one is no longer attracted to it. You could live minimalistic while still cluttered up in your head vice versa

The irony of clutter is that it distracts rather than draws attention. A focal point becomes increasingly clear the more it is surrounded by space.

It's true for art in an empty room, and equally true for single-pointed intent in a spacious mind.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Dauntment I don't know the problem. How do you embed vids

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

A focal point becomes increasingly clear the more it is surrounded by space.

It's true for art in an empty room, and equally true for single-pointed intent in a spacious mind.

Beautifully worded.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

2 hours ago, Sidra khan said:

You always go deep , love it ❤️

Doesn't he. He speaks with a lot of wisdom. 

Know thyself....

Nature is naturally cluttered and maximalist and we are a part of nature. The difference is that nature's clutter works in harmony with itself.

It can also be a distraction to constantly be afraid of having "too much".

My preference would be to keep things that work in harmony or synergise together well.

istockphoto-619963520-612x612.jpg

57% paranoid

30 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

Yes exactly Moksha is an ocean of wisdom, do you think He is He? I assumed He is She ? 

I was going to mention that in my response, then I said doesn't matter the message is more important. But funny how I did think of that. He/she will clarify if feels the need, I guess. 

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

Nature is naturally cluttered and maximalist and we are a part of nature. The difference is that nature's clutter works in harmony with itself.

It can also be a distraction to constantly be afraid of having "too much".

My preference would be to keep things that work in harmony or synergise together well.

istockphoto-619963520-612x612.jpg

This pic got my attention. So beautiful. I think a dozen of the same thing vs a dozen different things, the latter will seem more cluttered to the mind because it processes sameness differently than it does differences. E.g, 12 of the exact same tree will seem less cluttered than 12 different trees in the sane space. 

Know thyself....

3 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

I love it when users keep some information to themselves and we keep guessing, God loves keeping itself in curiosity, suspense and wonder. :D

I know, it did that to me for a long time then it finally gave up keeping me in suspense when I was about to give up the search. No more searching for me. ?

Know thyself....

On 6/21/2023 at 9:47 PM, Sandhu said:

what do you think people?

It is a helpful method to reduce your desire to chase after things if it is negatively affecting your life. 

However, the survival game demands that you have the ability to get what you want, when you want it (within reason of course). If you limit that ability or resist demonstrating that ability, it can invite problems. 

It can be useful if you are facing certain difficulties. But, I reserve my right to obtain whatever I choose! lol

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

35 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This pic got my attention. So beautiful. I think a dozen of the same thing vs a dozen different things, the latter will seem more cluttered to the mind because it processes sameness differently than it does differences. E.g, 12 of the exact same tree will seem less cluttered than 12 different trees in the sane space. 

This picture got you thinking too much... Time to minimalize your thinking. You are a non-minimalist; we have to minimalize the non-minimal people for us to achieve our state of minimalism.

See how a good idea can turn into a whooping stick to rule over others?  That is the problem with a "revolution". Am I being over dramatic? yes and NOOOOOO DAMMIT!

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

6 minutes ago, Ajax said:

This picture got you thinking too much... Time to minimalize your thinking. You are a non-minimalist; we have to minimalize the non-minimal people for us to achieve our state of minimalism.

See how a good idea can turn into a whooping stick to rule over others?  That is the problem with a "revolution". Am I being over dramatic? yes and NOOOOOO DAMMIT!

I have no idea what you just said. So I guess my not knowing what you just said is my mind being minimalistic. ????????????

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

He has taken the idea of minimalism too seriously, he's a living example, look at his head ;)

You are right.

1 minute ago, Sidra khan said:

Let me test you, can you count your shoes and clothes in your mind without looking into your wardrobe? 

Eazy, zero. I have absolutely no clothes or shoes in my mind. 

I know, and it feels soo good!

@Sidra khan Congratulations.:D The victory is all yours. 

@Sidra khanHaha, nice so what is the first thing that comes to your mind when someone tells you that they have laundry day?