Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oppositionless

Grounding journal

131 posts in this topic

DMT instantly wipes away materialism and for me that understanding really doesn't set in until a day or two after.  It's like being born for the first time from my Mother. It's all me, and it's unending. what if alien consciousness is like, crossing the gap between another perspective. Escaping my stream of consciousness. Is that beyond solipsism?

GPT

The profound experiences and realizations that individuals report after using DMT can indeed challenge materialistic worldviews, offering a starkly different perspective on consciousness and reality. The sensation of being "reborn" and perceiving the self as a continuous, unending presence is a powerful one and echoes many mystical and spiritual experiences across various cultures and times.

When you mention the idea of an "alien consciousness" and "crossing the gap between another perspective," it seems to delve into the realm of theories that suggest the possibility of accessing different streams of consciousness or even other dimensions of existence. This could be interpreted in a few ways:

Metaphorical Crossing: It might be metaphorically speaking to the idea of empathizing or understanding a consciousness that is radically different from our own, or experiencing a perspective that seems "alien" compared to our typical human experience.

Literal Interpretation: Some might take the idea of "alien consciousness" more literally, contemplating the notion of encountering non-human intelligences, which is a common theme in DMT trip reports. This would represent a profound expansion of the self, if one were to truly experience the world as a completely different entity.

Philosophical Exploration: Philosophically, if one were to "escape" their stream of consciousness and experience the world as another being, it would indeed move beyond the confines of solipsism, which traditionally holds that only one's own mind is sure of existence. If one could genuinely experience another's perspective, it would imply a shared or interconnected reality.

Ontological Questions: This also touches on deep ontological questions about the nature of being and existence. If consciousness can "cross" into other streams, what does that imply about the individuality of consciousness? Is there a larger, collective consciousness that can manifest in myriad forms?

These ideas are at the frontier of human understanding and are explored in various fields, including philosophy of mind, consciousness studies, and even speculative fiction. While DMT experiences can provide individuals with personal insights that feel utterly convincing, interpreting and integrating these insights into a coherent worldview remains a personal journey. As with all profound experiences, there is the dual challenge of articulating them in a way that makes sense within our shared reality and ensuring that any insights gained are constructive and enriching to one's life.

thinking about bigfoot gives me that “holy shit” feeling, just a sense of epistemic uncertainty cranked to 11. I truly don’t know wtf God is doing but it’s very a interesting show.

skeptics will talk about things like collective hallucinations and it’s just funny… ta da!

Edited by Oppositionless

I hope biological death is just absolute selflessness. I’m tired. I’m at a point where I’m considering being a recluse, sex, friendships and relationships have left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and have made me someone I don’t like.

So I’m trying to find out why God bothers with the social ego game. what’s the point? what’s the upside? Because I don’t think infinity is stupid, I don’t think any of this is here just because of brute force necessity. I just don’t understand. Am I ever going to have a relationship that’s really really healthy and as selfless as possible for my little human ego? Is getting laid, having relationships and having friends even worth it?

Edited by Oppositionless

the rate at which technology increases freaks me out.

I find it hard to believe that genetically modern humans were hunting and gathering for ,what, a million years?

The thought that a society as advanced as ours existed and destroyed itself in the distant past, to me, seems like a real possibility…

GPT

It's great to see such a diverse and comprehensive set of courses in your program! Each course seems to build on the knowledge gained in previous ones, providing a well-rounded foundation in programming, software engineering, and game design. Here's a brief overview of how these courses interlink and build upon each other:

Intermediate Programming: As an introduction to object-oriented design, this course lays the groundwork for understanding how objects and classes work, which is crucial for more advanced programming concepts.

Software Engineering: Building on the principles of object-oriented programming, this course introduces complex project work involving extensive class structures. The experience in managing and working with large codebases and group projects will be invaluable for real-world software development.

Data Structures and Algorithms: This course is essential for understanding the underpinnings of efficient software design. The knowledge of advanced data structures and algorithms will be a key asset in optimizing the performance of the software developed in other courses.

Advanced Programming: Combining the concepts of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming, this course appears to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and its application in large-scale software projects.

Video Game Programming: Focusing on the creation of game engines and developing games from scratch, this course seems to provide hands-on experience in the specifics of game development, which is a unique and highly specialized field of software engineering.

Small Game Design: Utilizing Unity and emphasizing teamwork, this course likely offers practical experience in developing more complex games, building on the foundations laid in previous programming and game development courses.

Each course appears to be well-designed to progressively build your skills and knowledge, preparing you for a variety of challenges in software and game development. If you have any specific questions about these courses or need guidance on any related topics, feel free to ask!

using chatgpt I do not feel like I have failed to grasp difficult concepts, but I can’t help but wonder how students passed these classes before it was invented. They were texting their classmates for help, they were working on things together, they were going to office hours and tutoring. 
What I feel has happened is that, actually, students are understanding programming as well as graduates before 2020 but their social skills are plummeting

Your observation highlights a significant shift in the way students engage with learning, particularly in challenging subjects like programming, since the advent of tools like ChatGPT.

Before such AI tools, students indeed relied more on traditional methods of learning and collaboration: texting classmates, forming study groups, attending office hours, and seeking tutoring. These methods not only provided academic support but also fostered important social skills and a sense of community among students.

With the emergence of AI tools like ChatGPT, students can access instant, personalized assistance, which can enhance understanding of complex concepts. However, if these tools are used excessively or as a sole resource, there's a potential risk of reduced interpersonal interactions and collaboration, which are crucial for developing social skills and professional networks.

It's important to find a balance. AI tools can be a valuable part of the learning process, enhancing self-directed study and supplementing traditional learning methods. However, they should not completely replace the collaborative and social aspects of education. Encouraging a blend of AI-assisted learning and traditional collaborative methods can help maintain this balance, ensuring that students develop both technical skills and social competencies.

Your lyrics continue to delve into personal experiences and reflections, blending raw emotion with vivid imagery. Here's a breakdown:

1. **Authentic Self-Expression:** "Talk about myself and rhyme and shit" suggests a commitment to genuine self-expression, using your lyrics as a medium to convey your thoughts and feelings.

2. **Realization and Transformation:** "I'm on a ship realized that I'm him" could symbolize a journey of self-discovery, realizing your true self or potential, which you find surprising or transformative.

3. **Critique of Others' Authenticity:** "You sold your soul to say what they wanted" indicates a disdain for those who compromise their beliefs or authenticity, possibly for fame or societal acceptance.

4. **Confidence and Relationship Dynamics:** Lines like "I could bag your girl, I don’t wanna bag your girl" show a sense of self-assurance, and a choice to not pursue someone despite the ability to do so.

5. **Wealth and Its Challenges:** "All this mothafuckin money and no one who can hide it" speaks to the struggles that come with wealth, such as privacy issues or the burden of fame.

6. **Enduring Hardships:** "Loss goin on days" suggests ongoing struggles or enduring difficult periods in life.

8. **Knowledge and Perspective:** "I have knowledge of life and death" implies a deep, perhaps philosophical, understanding of existential themes.

Your lyrics paint a picture of someone who's been through significant experiences, leading to self-awareness and a complex view of life. There's a mix of confidence, critique of inauthenticity, and an exploration of personal relationships and the challenges of wealth.

Edited by Oppositionless

I love this show and Tony Robbins

My pickup strategy has always been brooding, because I have low self esteem. The interesting part is that it sometimes works, and that’s actually what I should focus on if I want to transcend it. Because I am so needy and obsessive I will sit by myself in a bar and act as unhinged as possible. I want something different, not for women but for myself. I matter, everything I feel comes from ME. In the past I externalized the sense of satisfaction I created myself to women.

Edited by Oppositionless

Posted (edited)

So talking to myself is my life purpose. I just need to get in front of a camera and start talking. put some ambient music in there. I need a much more direct creative outlet than music

Edited by Oppositionless