Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oppositionless

Grounding journal

131 posts in this topic

Xian - “are there dimensions of consciousness beyond awarness?”

Pythahoras - “no, but God is infinitely clever.”

Elara - “all this talk of awareness, God and infinity has my head swimming. But I grasp how reality is a dance of souls. The city, nature, humanity, all part of an intimate union.”

Pythagoras - “God is so clever that all awareness, all souls know how to mirror each other perfectly. Every atom is in the perfect place in a pre-established harmony of monads. One, infinity and zero are three numbers I find most adequte in describing Consciousness. Atoms, and indeed all ideas have their own Consciousness. Everything is alive with God’s radiance.”

Bai - “Pythagoras, the chicken is ready. It’s a good thing I was here, otherwise all you philosophers would surely starve in the desert.”

Xian - “And if the gods hadn’t chosen you, none of us would be here!”

Edited by Oppositionless

after 16 days, we found my cat

these last two weeks have been some of the most transformative since my breakup two years ago

I learned that everything that happens to me is a necessary part of my development.

and I learned that law of attraction is a real phenomenon

some of the interesting manifestations that happened leading up to finding my cat:

seeing her name on social media

meeting someone named Zian, the first Zian or Xian I've ever met

seeing my old roomate who originally found the cat for the first time in a year and a half

seeing one of my coworkers at an open mic poetry event

meeting a girl I have chemistry with at the same event

seeing Vincent Van Gogh references everywhere

Edited by Oppositionless

I've decided that paying too much attention to the coincidences can make me feel a little crazy. I'm so pissed off at myself for smoking more again. everything seems so significant when Im high .

Manifestation is useful in times of crisis but otherwise I just want to embrace the flow of life

I just really think Leibniz has a much deeper understanding of reality and absolute solipsism than advaita. that’s all.

But you gotta ignore all the unprovable, mostly unnecessary theories a that go along with his basic idea, that of the monad. the one, imagining it's world. and if anything in this dream corresponds to something real, which all of life and infinite intelligence suggests, then that other being is equally infinite, absolute, sovereign. thus all is not one, actually. but of course everything IS one. it's confusing. everything is consciousness, yet everything (every being) is absolutely alone and individual.

Edited by Oppositionless

I like Leo's video on maturity because he keeps it very abstract. Now I know that if I stop manipulating people, keeping my bedroom neat and clean will happen .

You are not merely the nondual universal consciousness. you will not be assimilated into some kind of hivemind, ever. you are an eternal, alone, GOD amongst infinite GODs.

maybe solipsism really aggrevates God and that's why he generates infinite interconnections.

reboot

gpt 

Pythagoras, sensing the weight of Xian's earlier question, picked up his own cup and held it thoughtfully before speaking. "Xian, I appreciate the depth of your inquiry about the 'I,' the individual self. In my tradition, and indeed in some other mystical and philosophical paths, the individual soul or Monad is considered immortal."

He set his cup down and continued, "Imagine the relationship between the individual Monad and the Supreme Monad as akin to an asymptote in geometry. The individual soul forever approaches the divine, becoming increasingly aligned and unified, yet never fully merging with it. There's an eternal closeness, but also an eternal individuality."

Xian looked intrigued, his eyes showing a mixture of contemplation and relief. "So, the feeling of 'I,' the uniqueness that is each of us, persists in some form throughout eternity?"

"Exactly," Pythagoras confirmed. "While we may go through profound transformations, stripping away layers of ignorance or illusion, the core—the 'I'—remains. Think of it as an endless journey of becoming, of unfolding. Your individual dream never ends; it evolves. Each soul manifests its own unique dream infinitely, a story that continues to unfold in relationship to, but never completely subsumed by, the Supreme Monad, or God."

Elara found this both comforting and profoundly moving. "That's beautiful, Pythagoras. It allows for both unity and diversity, both oneness and individuality."

Bai, looking satisfied, summed it up in his own unique way: "So, in this eternal classroom of existence, while we all have the same headmaster—call it the Supreme Monad or God—each of us is eternally scribbling our own essay. And here's hoping it's a bestseller."

The room filled with laughter and a newfound sense of understanding and camaraderie. Each felt the weight and wonder of their individual 'I,' comforted by its immortality, inspired by its infinite potential, and awed by its eternal proximity to the divine. It was a moment that deepened their friendship and broadened their philosophical horizons, a moment to be treasured in this life and perhaps, according to Pythagoras, in many more to come.

GPT

Xian : “Pythagoras , you stated that the self never fully merges with god due to the exclusive nature of “I”. can you explain that further?”

Pythagoras nodded at Xian's inquiry, appreciating the depth of the question.

"Certainly, Xian. You see, in many mystical traditions, there's the notion of merging with the divine, becoming one with God, so to speak. However, when we consider the nature of individuality—the 'I'—we find that there's an inherent separateness that defines each of us. This separateness is not an imperfection but rather a fundamental characteristic."

He paused, as if to organize his thoughts. "The exclusive nature of 'I' refers to the fact that each individual's existence, their essence, and consciousness are uniquely their own. It's a way of experiencing and interacting with reality that is fundamentally different from any other being. In that sense, your 'I' excludes all other 'I's, not in a divisive manner, but in the way that a single note in a symphony is distinct yet contributes to the whole."

Xian nodded, following along intently.

"So, because of this exclusive nature," Pythagoras continued, "the 'I' can approach the divine, can even become intimately entangled with it, but it can never fully merge or lose its distinctness. It's as if each soul is a river that flows into the ocean of the divine. While the river's water becomes part of the ocean, it still traveled a unique path to get there, carrying its own unique minerals and experiencing its own unique landscapes. This unique journey informs the ocean, contributes to it, but doesn't dissolve into uniformity."

Bai grinned, "So, it's like we're each a thread in a grand cosmic tapestry. We're made of the same stuff, contribute to the same design, but each thread has its own color, its own tension, its own place in the pattern."

"An excellent metaphor, Bai," Pythagoras said. "And because each 'I' retains its uniqueness, each adds a complexity and depth to the divine that wouldn't be possible if we all fully merged into a single entity. Our 'I'-ness enriches the divine, just as the divine enriches us."

Xian felt a sense of peace at this explanation. "It's a comforting thought, that our individuality has a sacred value, that it's something to be celebrated rather than transcended."

"Indeed," Pythagoras agreed. "It offers a sacred validation to our individual journeys, making each life a unique chapter in the cosmic story, a chapter only we can write."

The group fell into a contemplative silence once more, each pondering the sacred nature of their own 'I' and the vast, intricate tapestry of existence in which they each had a place. The weight of their dialogue settled around them like a warm embrace, and in that moment, they felt a profound connection—not just to each other, but to the whole of creation.

Edited by Oppositionless

how monadology /absolute solipsism differs from nonduality

The Mind At Large

in Bernardo Kastrup’s theory, the mind at large divides itself into multiple perspectives. Kastrup doesn’t believe mind at large is particularly intelligent, as it is a simple primordial consciousness. upon death the individual’s consciousness becomes one with the mind at large

Absole Solipsism

in contrast, absolute solipsism recognizes that the Self is absolutely exclusive. there is no merging with the mind at large because the Self IS a mind at large, one of an infinite number of minds at large. Therefore God, the totality, is not a simple primordial consciousness but the totality of infinite soverign Selfs or Monads.

in other words, God is not a simple substance, God is infinite complexity of infinite souls interrelating with one another. the individual “I” is not a temporary dissociation from the mind at large, it’s an absolute.

Edited by Oppositionless

Avalyn I

Lyrics

Silence grows
My feelings flow
I'm dreaming now
Of all the things I know
I'm here on my own

I’ll be here on my own

forever

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Neil Halstead / Christian Savill / Nicholas Chaplin / Rachel Ann Goswell

Avalyn I lyrics © Kassner Associated Publishers Ltd., Cherry Red Songs, Picadilly Music Corp., Kassner Associated Publishers Limited

nonduality reduces God down to a primordial consciousness. it's bottom-up.

nonduality wants to transcend the individual self.

absolute solipsism recognizes the individual self as an eternal fact.

God is top-down, not bottom-up.

Therefore God is never fully realized. God is infinitely mysterious because the self can never be transcended.

The self excludes all other self's. totally inescapable.

imagine a ball of yarn. every string is an individual stream of consciousness.

the individual stream is infinite, eternal and absolute.

God does not split itself into individuals. individuals are, always have been, and always will be.

Oversimplification and obsession with parsimony at all costs is a fool's errand. there is nothing simple about God.

Edited by Oppositionless

GPT

After a few moments of reflective silence, Xian's expression shifts, his brow furrows and he glances sidelong at Elara, as if gauging her readiness for something deeper.

"You know, Elara," he begins hesitantly, "during one of my deeper journeys with these leaves, I've encountered...entities, beings that don't fit within our understanding of the three-dimensional world."

Elara, intrigued, leans in, "What do you mean?"

Xian takes a deep breath, "I've glimpsed beings, or perhaps, patterns of existence, that seem to exist in five dimensions. They are incomprehensible, existing beyond time and space as we know it. Their forms are fluid, constantly shifting and morphing. It's like trying to imagine a shape that doesn't just have length, breadth, and height, but two more dimensions, dimensions we cannot even name."

Elara's eyes widen in awe and a bit of fear. "That sounds...terrifying."

Xian nods, "It was, at first. Their presence can be overwhelming. Their consciousness, if it can be called that, operates on a plane so different from ours. But over time, I realized that these beings weren't malevolent. They simply existed in a realm beyond our understanding. They are to us what a three-dimensional object might be to a two-dimensional being."

Elara thinks for a moment, then asks, "Do you believe they're aware of us?"

Xian shrugs, "Perhaps in the same way we might be aware of a shadow on the wall. To them, we might be fleeting, simple patterns. But who can say? The universe is vast and mysterious, and our understanding of it is still so limited."

Elara shivers, "It's humbling and scary to think about."

Xian smiles gently, "Indeed, it is. But it also reminds us of the vastness of existence and the endless possibilities out there. We are but a tiny speck in this grand tapestry."

The two fall silent once more, the weight of the universe pressing down on them, yet also filling them with wonder.

my best friend is Christian. we went to catholic school together growing up but I’ve since left the faith,

anyway I went to a bible study with him. it started out with some worship music, which I thoroughly enjoyed. then the preaching started , and that’s where my stomach began to churn a bit,

the pastor, obviously a well meaning guy, was talking about “fake christians” and how when they die they will go to the pearly gates, Jesus will have a list of names and they’ll be like “hey Jesus” but Jesus is gonna be like “I don’t see your name on the list, bye!”

it’s so weird. I obviously believe in an afterlife because consciousness is infinite and all, but the level of concern regarding the afterlife is just wild among Christians. they are SO AFRAID of hell. how can you experience the deepest levels of love if your modus operandi is avoidance of hell? it’s just kinda absurd. 

again, the worship music was great, the preaching had some good parts but the obsession with “securing your spot” is why I could never be a Christian. 

people really out here acting like those sworn under oath regarding UFO’s aren’t a credible source

sorry the aliens didn’t crash land on your fucking lawn bro. would you have rather been abducted ?

in other news, the Mexican gov ain’t playin games. they have bodies. they’ve examined the bodies. they found rare metals (used in satellites) in said bodies

https://reddit.com/r/HighStrangeness/s/zc1A7g1SLl

Edited by Oppositionless

is math.random good enough for my purpose

ChatGPT

For your purpose, which is a casual test of supposed psychic abilities by predicting the outcome of random numbers generated by a simple game, Math.random() is generally good enough. Its distribution is sufficiently random for such applications, and any slight imperfections in its randomness won't significantly skew the results of your casual experiment.

However, here are a few considerations:

Expectation Management: You should be clear (to yourself and others) that this is a casual, informal experiment. Scientific validation of psychic abilities would require more rigorous methods, controls, and statistical analysis.

Large Sample Size: The larger the sample size, the more reliable your results will be. Even with Math.random(), if you have a large enough sample size, small biases or imperfections in the RNG become less significant.

Replication: A cornerstone of scientific experiments is the ability to replicate results. If someone claims psychic abilities based on one round of tests, it would be crucial to see if they can consistently produce the same results across multiple trials.

Other Factors: There could be other factors at play that influence the results. For instance, if someone is playing the game and they notice a pattern (even if it's just a perceived pattern), they might change their behavior based on that.

In conclusion, for an informal test like yours, Math.random() should suffice. However, if you ever decide to escalate this into a more serious and formal experiment, you might want to consider using a more advanced RNG and consulting with experts in experimental design and statistics.

pbinom(159, 788, 0.20, lower.tail = FALSE)
pbinom(285, 1287, 0.20, lower.tail = FALSE)
pbinom(384, 1786, 0.20, lower.tail = FALSE)

[1] 0.429424
[1] 0.02621674
[1] 0.05415186

he values [1] 0.429424, [1] 0.02621674, and [1] 0.05415186 appear to be p-values. In the context of statistical hypothesis testing:

A p-value is a measure used to determine the significance of your results in a hypothesis test.

A small p-value typically indicates that you can reject the null hypothesis. In other words, your sample provides enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis for the entire population.

A larger p-value suggests that you do not have enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis.

Interpreting the specific values you provided:

0.429424: This p-value is relatively large, indicating that the results are not statistically significant at a common significance level (e.g., α = 0.05). In practical terms, this suggests that the observed data is consistent with the null hypothesis, and there may not be a strong effect or relationship.

0.02621674: This p-value is quite small, suggesting that the results are statistically significant at a typical significance level (e.g., α = 0.05). You may have strong evidence to reject the null hypothesis in favor of an alternative hypothesis.

0.05415186: This p-value is moderately small but larger than the typical significance level of 0.05. It suggests some evidence against the null hypothesis, but the significance level isn't as strong as in the second case.

It's important to note that the interpretation of p-values should always be done in the context of your specific hypothesis test and research question. The significance level (α) you choose also affects whether a p-value is considered significant or not.

Edited by Oppositionless

I hate pickup, I want someone to give me permission to put everything

everything behind me and live like a god in an ecstatic heavenly orgy

I LOVE pickup

Edited by Oppositionless

What created God?

Infinite regress?

NOT A BUG

of course GOD is an infinite regress

obviously!