WeCome1

Rationality is an essential tool for spirituality, actually.

23 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a big difference between proper and improper use of rationality. Rationality is a good thing when properly used. But it is badly abused in our culture and the academic and scientific communities.

5 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Spirituality is not the dispelling of rationality- it is embodying rationality and then going beyond it.  It is transrational.   That includes rationality and mysticism which is not irrational but rather both includes and transcends.

Completely agree. Though, the point I was trying to make here is even simpler than that. If one can't ask a precise question, read and understand a long detailed answer or construct a cohesive argument based on reliable evidence - how much of a chance does one really have against one's Self-Deception? Maya will ride him like a pony. So, maybe, thinking straight should be somewhere at the top of the priority list for someone participating in a Spirituality forum unironically. I used to work in insurance; if there is one thing the industry has taught me - the mother of all fuck-ups is the idea that "this won't happen to me".^_^

1 hour ago, WeCome1 said:

If one can't ask a precise question, read and understand a long detailed answer or construct a cohesive argument based on reliable evidence - how much of a chance does one really have against one's Self-Deception? Maya will ride him like a pony. So, maybe, thinking straight should be somewhere at the top of the priority list for someone participating in a Spirituality forum unironically

"Maya will ride him like a pony" :D

Breaking News: Water by the River exaggerated the news of his own demise:

But now yours truly really dropped dead laughing & getting no oxygen, and is looking forward to his next incarnation...

"Maya rides him like a pony."

Wecome1, have mercy on our mortal forms... ;)

Water by the River

2 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Wecome1, have mercy on our mortal forms... ;)

EFQil9TW4AkcZ8O.jpg