Sucuk Ekmek

Interesting video on Bud Light (Beer)

48 posts in this topic

@Girzo

7 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Danioover9000 This isn't facts over feelings scenario. There's proper science on the topic of consuming alcohol. "Facts over feelings" is when your facts are not facts but feelings.

BUT THIS IS MERELY AN ANECDOTE. I can say that I don't experience any brain fog from having 10 amalgam tooth fillings removed last month. Does that have anything to do with safety of amalgam fillings? No. Zero. Nada.

Responsible use of alcohol from the perspective of maximizing your health is zero. You can discount your health for the sake of something else you value and still drink alcohol, but be aware that you are taking a risk, even if you're drinking only as often as once a month.

How is it not facts/feelings, when the emotion system is more primitive and has more evolution and more in built in the human body, than logic? Are you assuming you are talking to a room full of scientists and rationalists that did 'proper' science of consuming alcohol? 

How does that anecdote of your fillings have anything to do with consuming alcohol, what you and @Princess Arabia were talking?

I didn't assume maximizing health as top priority when I said take more responsibility, you assumed that of my take. Also how is that zero? Okay, let's say I can discount my health for the sake of something else I value and pleasure, still drink alcohol. However, from the way the dialogue between you and that user, seems like you want to take away her right to consume alcohol, and dismiss her alcohol experiences, otherwise why assume away her important, inject yours, and try to make her an Amish or try to convert her into an anti alcohol prohibitionist? Why this zero alcohol tolerance of another person drinking, never mind of yourself?

4 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Danioover9000 This isn't facts over feelings scenario. There's proper science on the topic of consuming alcohol. "Facts over feelings" is when your facts are not facts but feelings.

BUT THIS IS MERELY AN ANECDOTE. I can say that I don't experience any brain fog from having 10 amalgam tooth fillings removed last month. Does that have anything to do with safety of amalgam fillings? No. Zero. Nada.

Responsible use of alcohol from the perspective of maximizing your health is zero. You can discount your health for the sake of something else you value and still drink alcohol, but be aware that you are taking a risk, even if you're drinking only as often as once a month.

This will be the last thing I'll say to you regarding this topic and it's that when you walk through your front door you're taking a risk. Life is about risk taking. I would, but I won't bother to ask about your diet and health practices on a daily basis. Im sure I'd find some risk-taking there. Most you'd probably not be aware of. It.seems like you have a phobia in regards to alcohol and probably some bad experience with it...maybe you or a family member which would be understandable for your concerns. However, I would advise you to let people be and do as they please unless asked for advice on a particular subject regarding what they do with their life and how they want to live it  I try not to give advice unless asked, and if I do, and I sense it's not welcomed, I let them be. The fact you had 10 fillings removed says something about your past or current eating habits. No judgement, just an observation. I can also tell you have a hard time opening your mind and your way of thinking is black and white . Learn how to think and not what to think so you can broaden your perspective on Reality. Don't take my comment as a defense or an attack as I mean no harm. I'm just stating my opinion; and, in the end, all this is harmeless conversation and respectfully done on both sides. 

Know thyself....

52 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Princess Arabia  and @Girzo , can you two pack it in? Can you both agree to disagree?

@Girzo  I'd be careful using studies, objectivity, science, rationality facts, and this 'facts over feelings' to justify lack of care and weaponizing this unbiased neutral positioning in an intellectually dishonest way, because whether you're aware or not you've dismissed @Princess Arabia's life experiences with alcohol or some other drugs we don't know, as merely her/his anecdote and nothing else. Both of you are being biased in your positions, one sharing some life story, the other being disingenuous whilst appearing scientific. Just because it's 'facts over feelings' doesn't mean facts are superior, but rather the feelings are a total and coopted facts to suit it's own biases. Be honest, you don't like alcohol, that's it, and the other user likes alcohol. All that matters is responsible drinking, more or less, when in context to say celebrations. We're all adults, I hope.

Are there exceptions to this? Yes, there are people like the Amish or religious people who never drink, and there are party animals that drink a pack a day. There are hundreds of other developmental factors that crate these exceptions, but the few factors worth repeating is responsible use. Drink responsibly and moderate if needed.

@Danioover9000thank you for your insight and input, it was well received.

Know thyself....

16 hours ago, Girzo said:

@Princess Arabia every type of alcohol is a poison with no health benefits. The brain damage after drinking a single dose of alcohol takes up to three months to heal. Yes, from a single drink.

Cheers_I'll_Drink_To_That_Bro_Banner.jpg

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The rest of the world has already been boycotting Bud Light because it's not beer, it's water. Bud Light is so light, it has so few calories that the beer flavor is practically absent making it taste disgusting.

I just looked up, it contains 4,2% alcohol which is less than a Miller which is 4.6%. I guess my country boycotting Bud Light aswell because there is none around. Yeah makes sense.

1 hour ago, Juan said:

If you really really value consciousness, you know that drinking alcohol is the opposite of it. 

If you really, really know what consciousness is, you would know that consciousness is everything; so, therefore, it is also alcohol. You're speaking like a Christian who observes the 10 commandments. The only sin is to not acknowledge or to deny yourself as God. 

Know thyself....

@Juan

2 hours ago, Juan said:

If you really really value consciousness, you know that drinking alcohol is the opposite of it. 

Please tell me you're joking? I assumed before you were part of Gen z and use Tik Tok quite a bit for your music videos. On average, they do know how to party, which includes drinking, some taking of drugs, risky social activities, and so on. So hearing you say 'if you really really value consciousness', then saying 'you know that drinking alcohol is the opposite', doesn't make sense because the premise is if you value consciousness  which includes wakeful, sleepy, deep sleep, dream, and sober consciousness in general, then exclude altered states of consciousness, meditative states, even psychedelics states and drunk states of consciousness? given the consciousness altering properties of alcohol itself to some degrees making it worth considering experimenting on, assuming a person values consciousness because only a person who falsely values consciousness or lies would tell a person what to do or think.

Why do you think people in the past refer to alcohol as 'Spirits'? Past peoples used alcohol, in particular the occult and esoteric with some psychedelics to make powerful mund altering states to practice spiritual techniques from.

And aren't you an expert at Tik Tok? Even that platform is a mind altering drug, a digital hypothesis machine that alters users behaviours over time, a mind stimulant used to hook in users more. Since you generally claim 'if you value consciousness' that generalization may include yourself too, so if you trully value consciousness, why allow some third party technology to hypnotic change your state of consciousness? If not, then you don't really care about consciousness as a value in yourself, then why tell others here what to do with their consciousness and drinking in an ambiguous way that slips in your bias against alcohol?

3 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Juan

Please tell me you're joking? I assumed before you were part of Gen z and use Tik Tok quite a bit for your music videos. On average, they do know how to party, which includes drinking, some taking of drugs, risky social activities, and so on. So hearing you say 'if you really really value consciousness', then saying 'you know that drinking alcohol is the opposite', doesn't make sense because the premise is if you value consciousness  which includes wakeful, sleepy, deep sleep, dream, and sober consciousness in general, then exclude altered states of consciousness, meditative states, even psychedelics states and drunk states of consciousness? given the consciousness altering properties of alcohol itself to some degrees making it worth considering experimenting on, assuming a person values consciousness because only a person who falsely values consciousness or lies would tell a person what to do or think.

Why do you think people in the past refer to alcohol as 'Spirits'? Past peoples used alcohol, in particular the occult and esoteric with some psychedelics to make powerful mund altering states to practice spiritual techniques from.

And aren't you an expert at Tik Tok? Even that platform is a mind altering drug, a digital hypothesis machine that alters users behaviours over time, a mind stimulant used to hook in users more. Since you generally claim 'if you value consciousness' that generalization may include yourself too, so if you trully value consciousness, why allow some third party technology to hypnotic change your state of consciousness? If not, then you don't really care about consciousness as a value in yourself, then why tell others here what to do with their consciousness and drinking in an ambiguous way that slips in your bias against alcohol?

You would think I was on here trying to promote heroin, or ecstasy or crack or some hard drug that people are overdosing on everyday.  I've never done drugs or taken any pills but half of America is under seige with an opioid epidemic but I'm getting all this shit about drinking red wine and a shot of liquor from time to time. It's pretty funny, actually. All the projections. 

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

If you really, really know what consciousness is, you would know that consciousness is everything; so, therefore, it is also alcohol. You're speaking like a Christian who observes the 10 commandments. The only sin is to not acknowledge or to deny yourself as God. 

Of course everything is consciousness, haven’t said the opposite. I’m talking about taking care of your consciousness and expand it, cuz alcohol does the opposites, that’s it. In my observation and experience, if you ever done let’s said ayahuasca, you’d be so fucking sensitive to anything and if you go straight to drink alcohol, you just don’t feel good, it affects your liver badly. Now if it works for you that’s fine, even I don’t mind to smoke 100% natural tabacco on some rituals, but I’m speaking for the majority of people that seems to not work on them properly. People die everyday cuz of alcohol so, sure there are responsible ones and that’s fine but, studied carefully how beneficial it is, for me and many others, doesn’t seem so. Again I’m talking here for the majority, if I see that is not working for most people, why bother keep drinking?

Edited by Juan

1 hour ago, Juan said:

Of course everything is consciousness, haven’t said the opposite. I’m talking about taking care of your consciousness and expand it, cuz alcohol does the opposites, that’s it. In my observation and experience, if you ever done let’s said ayahuasca, you’d be so fucking sensitive to anything and if you go straight to drink alcohol, you just don’t feel good, it affects your liver badly. Now if it works for you that’s fine, even I don’t mind to smoke 100% natural tabacco on some rituals, but I’m speaking for the majority of people that seems to not work on them properly, people die everyday cuz of alcohol so, sure there are responsible ones and that’s fine but, studied carefully how beneficial it is, for me and many others, doesn’t seem so. Again I’m talking here for the majority, if I see that is not working for most people, why bother keep drinking?

FYI, you cannot expand your consciousness because consciousness is already expanded. What you can expand, however, is your awareness. Why bother keep eating, people die every day from different types of degenerative  diseases caused by poisonous foods sold  in grocery stores and supermarkets. I am not most people. I understand your concern, but I'm not saying I have a problem with drinking or I binge drink everyday or I'm an alcoholic, all I said was I drink wine in response to the original post about bud light beer. That's all. And if you were following the thread you will notice all the other healthy things I do in addition to my drinking wine. What gets me is if I probably said I ate white rice no one would probably have said anything about the arsenic in rice or how toxic it is or if I said I used plug in air fresheners that causes COPD no one would care. I could keep this list going for miles on end like cheez.its, microwave popcorn, margarine, sodas, deli meats, artificial sweeteners, Doritos, conventional ice-creme (which has wood pulp), macaroni, most breakfast cereals, even quaker oats oat meal grown with round-up weed killer, conventional lotions, shaving cream, perfumes, which contain hormone disruptors...I mean I could keep going on...just about everything  on the market. So if you are drinking lots of alcohol and eating all this crap and putting all kinds of poisons in your body, then yes, you will overload the liver But I do not touch any of the stuff I mentioned above and so much more conventional bull shit, maybe 20% of conventional shit. Not to mention my supplementing with blackseed oil, oil of oregano, milk thistle(which is a liver detoxifier),, rhodiola, reishi mushroom, eating from the fresh aloe Vera,  ginger, tumeric, lemons, berries, lots of greens, and many more tinctures. I don't use cleaning products..I clean my home with lemon juice,.baking soda and vinegar...I don't use deodorants I use baking soda or lemons or essential oils.or diamatecous earth...I could write a book about my eating habits and unconventional healthy traits. So my drinking red wine is not a problem for me. In my whole 55+yrs of living, I have not come across anybody that does half the healthy shit I do.  I stay away from fast food restaurants but I do eat an occasional pizza. Don't eat red meat, not for health reasons I just don't like it. I read a lot of health magazines and watch a lot health-bases YT channels. So I'm well informed about the topic...it's a passion of mine. So, my dear, don't be too concerned about my drinking red wine and smoking natural -based cigarettes. I appreciate the concern. Let's go advocate and protest against the food industry for putting poisons on our shelves that's killing thousands of people each year and aiding in the decline of mental health in our society....then again, let's not protest against...let's stand for something...or NOTHING. 

Know thyself....

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

scientists … that did 'proper' science of consuming alcohol? 

The heck yes, there are serious scientists doing serious science.

Princess Arabia: “I'm getting all this shit about drinking red wine and a shot of liquor from time to time.”

Girl, no-one’s giving you shit. For me you can drink chloroform all day and I am completely okay with that. You have made it into discussion about your life, and continue to do so, by talking about personal stuff that has zero to do with alcohol and it’s advertising. It would be more productive to the discussion if you have shared stories of you seeing alcohol ads, or some remarks on how culture and your environment affect what and how often you drink.

6 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Princess Arabia: “I'm getting all this shit about drinking red wine and a shot of liquor from time to time.”

Girl, no-one’s giving you shit. For me you can drink chloroform all day and I am completely okay with that. You have made it into discussion about your life, and continue to do so, by talking about personal stuff that has zero to do with alcohol and it’s advertising. It would be more productive to the discussion if you have shared stories of you seeing alcohol ads, or some remarks on how culture and your environment affect what and how often you drink.

Debates are pointless because all they do is reiterate your existing beliefs.

Im mentioning about my health

Girl, no-one’s giving you shit. For me you can drink chloroform all day and I am completely okay with that. You have made it into discussion about your life, and continue to do so, by talking about personal stuff that has zero to do with alcohol and it’s advertising. It would be more productive to the discussion if you have shared stories of you seeing alcohol ads, or some remarks on how culture and your environment affect what and how often you 

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia then good for you that red wine is doing fine. Consciousness and awareness tends to be the same thing for me, if you see it different then ok. Everything I said maintains being true, people die everyday from it, you feel sluggish, slow af and people tend to get even angrier easily, etc. Idk I feel you’re taking this too personal, for most people in the world, alcohol just do not work. If you want to develop and help humanity to move forward, help them to take better and conscious decisions, alcohol, is not doing a lot. 

Edited by Juan

10 minutes ago, Juan said:

@Princess Arabia then good for you that red wine is doing fine for you. Consciousness and awareness tends to be the same thing for me, if you see it different then ok. Everything I said maintains being true, people die everyday from it, you feel sluggish, slow af and people tend to get even angrier easily, etc. Idk I feel you’re taking this too personal, for most people in the world, alcohol just do not work. If you want to develop and help humanity to move forward, help them take better and conscious decisions, alcohol, is not doing a lot. 

I cannot change the world from the outside. I have to become the change I want to see. I am aware of being conscious. You're right, I'm probably taking this a bit personal and I'm becoming aware of that. I tend to have a passionate side and it's in the health, food and natural medicine category. I think I'm a stage green on the Spiral Dynamics scale and I get carried away with certain things concerning health and nutrition. It's a paradigm that I feel I must transcend and grow more out of and into a more neutral state of being. Thank you for your input. 

Know thyself....

On 5/23/2023 at 10:03 PM, Leo Gura said:

To me, the real scandal in all this is that anyone drinks Bud Light.

Yeah I know right, real men drink Maker's Mark B|

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I cannot change the world from the outside. I have to become the change I want to see. I am aware of being conscious. You're right, I'm probably taking this a bit personal and I'm becoming aware of that. I tend to have a passionate side and it's in the health, food and natural medicine category. I think I'm a stage green on the Spiral Dynamics scale and I get carried away with certain things concerning health and nutrition. It's a paradigm that I feel I must transcend and grow more out of and into a more neutral state of being. Thank you for your input. 

No problem, and if we see each other ever along the ride, let’s grab a drink haha, drink whatever you want, I’ll go with my perrier or H2O.^_^

Edited by Juan

@Girzo

6 hours ago, Girzo said:

How about you properly quote me instead of take my statement out of context? If you're losing an argument, just lose respectfully, don't resort to these bad faith tactics. Even going as far as antagonizing @Princess Arabia for sharing her life experience with alcohol, wine and belittling and dismissing her experience isn't respectful behavior, even if it isn't EXACTLY about beer and advertising, it's still about alcohol, you know, the substance behind the beer? Do you also know some people are different genetically, some can process alcohol and have higher tolerances, you know, genetics? Disappointing.

@Danioover9000 you are missusing the concept of “good faith, bad faith”. I am acting I good faith sharing accurate, latest scientific knowledge on alcohol. That is: it is in no way healthy and drinking wine instead of beer is not harm reduction.

You are the one causing harm by mudding  a question to which there is already an established answer. Alcohol = not healthy. It’s well accepted in the health research community, but it’s not yet culturally accepted. Such cultural changes take a lot of time because people get attached to their glass of wine or a can of dumb Bud Light beer. People get so attached they have a problem with a stupid ad, as the whole drama this thread is about exemplifies.

Edited by Girzo

I never understood people who never drink alcohol. Even if it's a special occasion and they haven't had a drink in years, they will still refuse to drink. Why not? It will just pass through your kidneys and not do any bodily harm, why not live a little?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله