funkychunkymonkey

the thought of my parents is what grounded my reality

15 posts in this topic

i always said i have separation anxiety, from my biggest awakening (not my lastest) i just realized that once the bubble popped i went to tell my parents i finally get it (i didnt tell them what i saw of course) soon after i was like "where go bubble :c" funny little insight i caught, i can tell my attachment to my parents is my biggest struggle even now i see that this holds me back. tough cookie to crack, ill get there :D 

Thank you for the honest post. I can resonate with this a bunch as well.

You trying to make your parents understand is the fundamental problem here. 

@Yimpa hehe i always failed i helped them out a bunch made them happier teaching meditation at the end of the day thats all i can ask for

@funkychunkymonkey you can also become directly conscious that you are your parents. Not in a hippie concept sort of way. Like, literally.

I can resonate too. 

For me, attachment to my sister has been one of the strongest forces keeping me from letting go.

14 minutes ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@Sincerity very glad to know im not alone in this :) thank you

But You have it in You to let go :)

That doesn't mean leaving them. And there's nothing wrong with loving someone.

But You can sort of let go in your mind and surrender to the awakening more when the time comes... and accept death, or rather overcome fear of death, and the fear of leaving your parents, which I'd argue is part of dying.

You might have to spill a lot of tears to get to this. I know I had to about my sister - A LOT. And it might be really difficult for You, but You can do it. It's pretty much about ACCEPTANCE.

Last time I awakened 2 weeks ago I actually managed to finally overcome the attachment (it arose yet again), accept "death" and let go... and "the outcome" was indescribable. So yeah, it's possible for You too. :)

Edited by Sincerity

It’s also important to not try to get your family or close friends to understand what Truth is. They simply don’t want to, even if they claim they do. I’ve made the mistake time and time again of having these profound mystical experiences, then trying to force them to get it as well. 

Guess what, that doesn’t work and it never will! This is also something you must ultimately surrender. 

14 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

You might have to spill a lot of tears to get to this. I know I had to about my sister - A LOT. And it might be really difficult for You, but You can do it. It's pretty much about ACCEPTANCE.

And accept them for whatever state they are in. This is probably one of the most challenging parts of this work. 

For example, can you accept when your sister is acting like a complete asshole without needing to fix her behavior?

@Sincerity damn it i cried :,) thank you your right, just let go people are heavy anyways i cant carry two people D: :D thank you for the advice :) 

@Yimpa i agree, flow of life :) flows much better when i dont put my hands in the water then maybe ill realize once again im the river :) maybe this is why i havent "gone back home" at least not to the totality i was once resting in.... man all of my problems all my worries, any issues, insecurities poof gone as if they never existed... finally rest in peace ;)xD till i come back once again purified by the holy river(a little more than last time), thank you for the advice :) 

Edited by funkychunkymonkey

13 minutes ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@Sincerity damn it i cried :,) thank you your right, just let go people are heavy anyways i cant carry two people D: :D thank you for the advice :) 

❤️

You don't even have to carry "yourself"... ^_^

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It’s also important to not try to get your family or close friends to understand what Truth is. They simply don’t want to, even if they claim they do. I’ve made the mistake time and time again of having these profound mystical experiences, then trying to force them to get it as well. 

Guess what, that doesn’t work and it never will! This is also something you must ultimately surrender. 

Good point, You're right :)

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

And accept them for whatever state they are in. This is probably one of the most challenging parts of this work. 

For example, can you accept when your sister is acting like a complete asshole without needing to fix her behavior?

We have a very sweet and honest relationship. Sometimes she may respond in a grumpy way for no reason but I can take because I know she must be agitated because of something else. I don't need her to change that.

I think I see your point though and it's true I want to fix her sometimes. I don't want her to make foolish choices, get in dangerous situations, not study for a test out of laziness, etc... Yea, I won't accept that and I'll urge her to act differently - because I care, and I think it's okay. I mostly do it in an uninvasive way though and later she's thankful for me being more strict with her. Sometimes she's a lazy slug (just like her brother) and she appreciates the motivation. ;)

But of course I don't accept a lot of things about all sorts of people so yeah your point is perfectly valid. I agree it's very challenging.

I'm too detached and that's also a problem, because my rough and awkward expression attracts other people's animosity, as well as, by extension, this daily feeling of emptiness and loneliness. 
It also translates into a fear of awakening, in a different way. It's an another kind of problem.

All that to say that the grass is not greener elsewhere.
Attachment is your "burden", but savor this love.

courage

The devil is in the details.