StarStruck

Is it high conscious to love the other more than yourself?

15 posts in this topic

Personally I don’t think it is wise. 

You mean "baby I would die for you" lyrics?

Sounds romantic

I think it could be rephrased as "I care about others wellbeing more then I care about my own". That's basicly a bodhisatva. So could be argued that it's a high quality.

But the paradox is that someone who offers and sacrifices himself for the wellbeing of others is probably the most well off and exctatic. The more one gives, the more that one will receive. If you give yourself away totally, you gain Totality.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

You mean "baby I would die for you" lyrics?

Sounds romantic

I think it could be rephrased as "I care about others wellbeing more then I care about my own". That's basicly a bodhisatva. So could be argued that it's a high quality.

But the paradox is that someone who offers and sacrifices himself for the wellbeing of others is probably the most well off and exctatic. The more one gives, the more that one will receive. If you give yourself away totally, you gain Totality.

That route is not for me.

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

you can't really generalise this, nor can you quantify Love or dissect it into little pieces, like "the love i have for you versus the love i have for myself". that's a fantasy. Love is Love, even though it can seemingly express as the need to make a decision and choose between different options with different consequences....but this has nothing to do with one "individual" being loved more than the "other":) i hope this makes sense.

In the absolute sense love is love. In the relative sense that just doesn’t jive. There are things like empathetic versus narcissistic; and finding a good balance to navigate social life successfully. 

There is no difference between loving yourself and loving others, fundamentally. They're the same. 

49 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

That route is not for me.

True. It's only for very advanced late stage of development beings.

But that song you linked "baby i can't live without u" sounds more like simping :D

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Yeah it's simping, but songs are all about vibes. If you start to take them literaly and analyze their lyrics word for word, you'll start to turn into one of them autists who spread conspiracy theories about Lil Nas X, etc.

I can relate to this. Many pop songs are pretty good when you don't understand English that well in my experience ? 

Edited by Salvijus

Na man, love within reason. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, Judy2 said:

yes. the question is, how are you going to achieve said balance?

formulating a question like "should i love others or myself more?" is a good starting point. however, i'd stick with this question a little longer rather than deciding on an answer too quickly. 

Ok, I will do.

ultimately, you can't truly love an "other" without loving yourself first, and vice versa.

I will say it again. In the absolute sense yes. In the relative domain no. So in a sense I agree: in the absolute sense. But from a practical point of view that just doesn't work. I can't love everybody that I come across. I simply don't have enough time and fucks to give.  I don't think you love everybody, since you would be a nymfo if you did. Perhaps you are, and in that case I'm non judging.

3 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

There is no difference between loving yourself and loving others, fundamentally. They're the same. 

There is.

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

True. It's only for very advanced late stage of development beings.

But that song you linked "baby i can't live without u" sounds more like simping :D

That song is not my bible man, it just made me contemplate. :D

I don't think anybody is a bodhisattva on this forum. The only person who came close to becoming one was Conner Murphy who truly loved everybody and gave his shit away, only to be called a lunatic by Leo Gura. lmao.

22 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

that's so kind of you.

maybe loving your child, your parents, your romantic/sexual partner, your car, your pet, your siblings, a homeless person, your favourite song, the sun, your hometown, your favourite food,....

....can look very different from each other.

Looool. That is what I’m saying. It is different. It is relative. You have different boundaries for different people and things but .. 

Absolute love = no boundaries 

But you said “love is love“ but I don’t think you live that truth… for example If a random guy makes a not so descent proposal to you, I don’t think you will comply. Why? Because you have boundaries.

That means love is not love. We shouldn’t be kidding ourselves  

59 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

Love has "no boundaries"....so what's the problem with Love imagining itself as/appearing as/_ a person who has healthy boundaries? 

but i get what you mean. it's this inherent dilemma that we're facing when trying to reconcile "survival" with "unconditional love". and this is definitely tricky to navigate and not something anyone can give a simple, straightforward answer to. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I feel like a lot of people have wonderful ideas about love on paper but what really matters if you live it or not.

If I saw you in real life, we could find out how big your love is within 15 minutes.

46 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

what would you do with that piece of information then? 

We could test your beliefs about love through direct exp. 

Edited by StarStruck

16 hours ago, StarStruck said:

There is.

Can you elaborate? 

On 2023-05-18 at 4:12 PM, StarStruck said:

The only person who came close to becoming one was Conner Murphy who truly loved everybody and gave his shit away, only to be called a lunatic by Leo Gura. lmao.

Lol

self is other

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston