The Monk

Higher Consciousness= Less Friends.

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Socrates said:

One way to overcome the concsiousness gap and connect with these people is humor in my opinion. 

I agree with you and some great man has said that if you want to tell truth, make them laugh, else they will kill you . :D

I have tried that and on some occasion it works. Of course, it had no effect on some because, well it was a "joke"...

On some occasion it backfired and they felt insulted and were not happy at all, it ruined whatever little relation was left. :D

So I suggest to joke only if your friends have a good sense of humor.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Lately I asked myself if it is reasonable and sensible to tell people about all this who seem to be happy and have a sense of purpose in their life. As I first learned about this, I felt that I needed to tell people about it, and it always led to debates of course. I always felt the urge to talk about this, because I wanted people to know that there is such a thing as ultimate truth (actually my Ego just wanted to debate, and tried to miss no opportunity to do so. Much cringe in retrospective) But now I wonder how to handle this? On the one hand it is the truth of life, and I feel bad to keep back these informations from others. It creates a gap between me and them and they have a right to know this truth about their own life. On the other hand, they will think that I'm crazy anyway. Or they will get depressed when they actually think about it and admit that there are certain truths to it but don't grasp the overall image of non-duality/spirituality yet. 

Any opinions on this?

Edited by Echoes