Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Noam Chomsky had some history with Jeffrey Epstein

6 posts in this topic

Recently, Professor Chomsky was found to have associated with Jeffrey Epstein. 

The Wall Street Journal reported that Chomsky admitted to have occasionally met with Epstein, but emphasized that they met each other only during the period of time that Epstein had already served his first criminal sentence and before he got arrested again in 2019 and Chomsky said that  "According to U.S. laws and norms, that yields a clean slate."

However, according to an article from Insider, Noam Chomsky told The Wall Street Journal that his meetings with Jeffrey Epstein are "none of your business"

https://www.insider.com/noam-chomsky-mit-wsj-wall-street-journal-jeffrey-epstein-2023-4

I have a lot of respect for Chomsky, but is what he did seem very suspicious?

He said many good things when he was younger, but it's entirely possible he was planted by the government to create a "psuedo" movement only not to create one, sorta like how disappointing Bernie has shown to be like AOC.  

The world does not get its heroes; the rare time it does, they get shot.  

Institutions such as MIT and Harvard bring lots of influence in the world; perhaps if he was worth something valuable for humanities evolution, he would not have been part of those institutions.  I can probably believe that a scientist that graduated from MIT is a humanitarian because there are only a handful of geniuses in the world, and some of them have to be good but a person that studies economics or more soft science does not actually need to be brilliant in the prerequisite.  

Among the OG activist, Cornel West is the last of them I have faith.  

@Hardkill

18 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Recently, Professor Chomsky was found to have associated with Jeffrey Epstein. 

The Wall Street Journal reported that Chomsky admitted to have occasionally met with Epstein, but emphasized that they met each other only during the period of time that Epstein had already served his first criminal sentence and before he got arrested again in 2019 and Chomsky said that  "According to U.S. laws and norms, that yields a clean slate."

However, according to an article from Insider, Noam Chomsky told The Wall Street Journal that his meetings with Jeffrey Epstein are "none of your business"

https://www.insider.com/noam-chomsky-mit-wsj-wall-street-journal-jeffrey-epstein-2023-4

I have a lot of respect for Chomsky, but is what he did seem very suspicious?

I think it's complicated, and we don't know enough to determine whether Noam Chomsky is hiding something in the closet or not.

1 hour ago, Tanz said:

He said many good things when he was younger, but it's entirely possible he was planted by the government to create a "psuedo" movement only not to create one, sorta like how disappointing Bernie has shown to be like AOC.  

Okay, now you're coming up with a conspiracy theory.

1 hour ago, Tanz said:

The world does not get its heroes; the rare time it does, they get shot.  

Institutions such as MIT and Harvard bring lots of influence in the world; perhaps if he was worth something valuable for humanities evolution, he would not have been part of those institutions.  I can probably believe that a scientist that graduated from MIT is a humanitarian because there are only a handful of geniuses in the world, and some of them have to be good but a person that studies economics or more soft science does not actually need to be brilliant in the prerequisite.  

Among the OG activist, Cornel West is the last of them I have faith.  

Well, I still believe in Professor Chomsky. Besides, despite how cynical he can often sound, what he said a couple of years might be encouraging:

Edited by Hardkill

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Okay, now you're coming up with a conspiracy theory.

It's along the lines of being one but Bernie and AOC have been guilty of not speaking up for the BS that their own party.  These kinds of things are similar to police officers protecting each other when knowing their colleagues did the wrong thing.  This type of behavior undermines the public trust. has been doing not to mention what they should be doing with the Russia, and Ukraine problem, which is encouraging both nations to talk about a peace treaty and to hear both sides equally instead of just one side.  
If Naom wasn't working for some agency, why did he meet Epstein several times after he was charged?  As someone so smart and so public, why risk your reputation meeting up with a pedophile and sex trafficker?  There's a lot we will never find out, and Noam didn't do a very good job making a case for himself after a reporter asked him about it.  If there is nothing to hide why not just tell the truth, I went to a few parties and he was in them by chance, I wanted to meet him to ask him not to spread any lies about me or some shit like that.  Or I met him a few times just to let him know how big of a piece of shit he is lol

Its entirely possible that his rapid decline in aging has deteriorated his brain and judgment

@Hardkill He seems to be an open person, corresponding with a lot of people. He basically got a particular worldview and wants to spread it as best he can, that is his whole stick. My grandfather used to have correspondence with Chompsky from Russia. He peddled his views but was also genuinely puzzled about communism not working. At some point, my grandfather cut off correspondence with him because he perceived him as increasingly respectless and insulting. He made his blood boil with his extremely uncompromising leftwing view.