Breakingthewall

Understanding

83 posts in this topic

understanding is the key to spirituality. Imagine a teenager who sees the world in terms of being better or worse than everyone else, completely materialistic and superficial. that is his understanding. for him that is the world, but this does not mean that the world is like that. If his understanding increases, he will see that human relationships go deeper, how people mix with others, how a parent's personality affects a child's psyche. He was subjected to all these tides before, but he did not understand it. now he sees, a new dimension opens in him, his mind widens in depth and breadth. maybe later he will understand that the others are him, and how he is creating this multicolored dance at this exact moment. That there is only inside, and outside don't exist even as a concept. this understanding will bring down another wall, and his psyche will once again increase in depth and breadth. the limits are moving away until they disappear. now there are no limits, but he has only begun to understand. each phase of understanding is difficult to overcome, since before the barrier that prevented you from seeing fell, you did not know what you were looking for. maybe you close yourself thinking that you have already understood everything, or that there is nothing to understand. Bullshit, you've only just begun. let's move on, penetrating into the beauty of reality

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Understanding is one way to accomplish that. But if you latch onto understanding like a thing in itself that you need endlessly more of, then it becomes just another wall. Which is indeed what talking to you is like... :P 

Understanding is sononym of raising your consciousness. the walls are not such, they are simply your reach with a certain level of consciousness. people tend to believe that there is an ego mode vs an enlightened mode, and it is not like that, there is a gradual rise in your level of consciousness or understanding of reality. it is normal to reach a level where you feel bliss and silence and think: well, this is it, I have arrived. this is narrow minded imo. understanding is pure beauty, when you realize it's possible, you want more. I don't know about alien that Leo talk about, but he is completely right when he puts understanding above all else.

35 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

There is no such thing as raising your consciousness aside from breaking down walls

So, a monkey would be enlightened, or a 3 year old child, since they have not erected mental barriers and they are pure, but this is not the case, their level of consciousness is not as high as possible

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

That there is only inside, and outside don't exist even as a concept.

Inside = Outside

From a certain point of view, of course.

7 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Just go for turquoise, don't go for pie in the sky.

Imo turquoise is where understanding begin, not when it ends. 

all of us are stuck on a yellow pointing to turquoise and many think that turquoise is, shall we say, the final destination. You have realized the absolute and that's it. but I think that it is not like that, it is one thing to realize that reality is absolute and another to penetrate into that reality, how to understand it in the same way that you can now understand that reality is infinite, to understand much more

15 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

I don't know about other species but for humans Spiral Dynamics seems to be a pretty good map. Just go for turquoise, don't go for pie in the sky.

Lmao, why not both?

7 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Because we're here to sober up, not continue wallowing in fairy tales.

Again, I can claim that you can do both. It’s up to each individual to decide how they want to approach doing that. Or not.

All perspectives are Absolute, but not everyone is aware of that. This is why ignorant people create such rigid distinctions. They are afraid of experiencing the beauty of paradox in everything. That is, anything that conflicts with their worldview is immediately seen as untrue. Well, guess what? The more you openly and willingly experience a totally different perspective, you realize that that’s also YOU!

Even the untrue can be seen as true. This is how deep this God hole goes. Of course, I’ve already said too much in the minds of most people; this is why they won’t bother to contemplate any further. And even that won’t ultimately contradict Reality.

48 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

The problem lies in thinking that there's something to get "over there". That's still just the same old "vanity and chasing after wind"

Yes, but the thing is that there is something to achieve. It seems quite obvious that existence tends towards more intelligence, more consciousness, there is an evolution, and that is going towards something. It is not vanity, it is the movement of reality. It would be like saying that it is vanity for a worm to evolve into an elephant. is the absolute in action

30 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It seems quite obvious that existence tends towards more intelligence, more consciousness, there is an evolution, and that is going towards something.

Not to pile on, but let's go with this line of reasoning. Over the last 14 billion years, the cosmos has evolved to the point of humans being on this planet. It has finally created forms capable of meta-cognition (maybe earlier on other planets, but let's not Trek out right now).

So the mind is advanced enough to question itself. Neti neti (and other inward paths of inquiry) becomes possible. Unable to resist this new frontier, the mind ravenously pursues it, like it pursues everything else.

Only now, when it arrives at the final destination, it has the "Oh shit!" moment that we call awakening. It realizes that it isn't real. It can't dissolve itself, because self-destruction is contrary to its programming, so it does the next best thing. It submits to the absolute, which is always its essence, and they harmoniously soar into the cosmos.

Drakarys! ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Do you mind, I'm working... 9_9

Working while imagining me :x

54 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Existence doesn't do this, the dream does.

Let's see, i think we agree if I say that you are existence. and also if I say that you will never be able to get out of your direct experience, in all eternity. from this follows the obvious conclusion that your direct experience is absolute.

what is, is, and there is nothing else. and my experience? It is not real to you, it will be your experience, it was, whatever, but only your direct experience exists. then what you call the dream is the absolute reality. there is no relative /absolute duality, there is this, which can be experienced from different levels of consciousness. the entire cosmos and the entire absolute is this moment of your experience, and it will be for eternity. this is awakening and it can be quite lonely and horrible when the ego sees it. then, in this concrete experience we want to raise our consciousness to understand more deeply what we are, for beauty, simply.

30 minutes ago, Moksha said:

It realizes that it isn't real. It can't dissolve itself, because self-destruction is contrary to its programming, so it does the next best thing. It submits to the absolute, which is always its essence, and they harmoniously soar into the cosmos.

The human mind is the absolute, in a, let's say, low form. What you are doing in your spiritual trip is evolution and understanding, even you don't want to call it like that. But we are starting the same discussion than always ?

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

The human mind is the absolute, in a, let's say, low form. What you are doing in your spiritual trip is evolution and understanding, even you don't want to call it like that.

You are solving, I am dissolving. xD 

Both are gradual processes, but solving entraps you while dissolving sets you free.

Direct realization is not what you think it is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

35 minutes ago, Moksha said:

You are solving, I am dissolving. xD 

Both are gradual processes, but solving entraps you while dissolving sets you free.

*facepalm*

Which Rubik’s Cube is God?

IMG_0555.png

Irony.

IMG_0556.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

@Squeekytoy @Yimpa

You two.. Why do I feel that you are the same person ?? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Which Rubik’s Cube is God?

One is God awake within its dream, the other is God asleep.

Beyond the dream is the mystery manipulating the cube.

@Squeekytoy

19 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Squeekytoy @Yimpa

You two.. Why do I feel that you are the same person ?? 

Maybe because they are the ying and the yang. Squeekytoy is a scholar, has great knowledge, more than it seems.@Yimpa  is the force that pushes. We will see if he has the courage to break all the barriers. Maybe yes.

2 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

I have precious little scholarly knowledge. What I do have is understanding. This in itself is not awakening, but it is invaluable for progress. Maybe you really should pursue understanding, because you don't understand delusion, self, reality, or the illusion of personal will. How could you possibly hope to wake up without understanding any of that... 

23 hours ago, Someone here said:

I think you think you understand but you don't. You don't understand that the dream is the absolute. The ego is god, and the personal will is just the god will. But if you want to be in the delusion that there is something else you have to see, the sun outside the movie theater, as McKenna says, is your choice. but there is no sun outside, since outside does not exist.

Edited by Breakingthewall

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You don't understand that the dream is the absolute.

The dream is the absolute, appearing as the relative. It is not the absolute, absent of appearance. When you realize the absolute, you will understand the emptiness of the ego.

12 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The dream is the absolute, appearing as the relative. It is not the absolute, absent of appearance. When you realize the absolute, you will understand the emptiness of the ego.

You don't understand what I'm saying. When you realize the absolute, is still your direct experience. only that exists. the only absolute there is is your direct experience, which now seems relative, now absolute. it is always absolute, because it is reality, only it takes the appearance of an experiencer and an experience. this is the illusion. there are not two, only the experience