integral

Why Does The Housing Market Keep Going Up?

5 posts in this topic

I'm guessing because it counters inflation, as value of the dollar drops the value of the house does not, propping up the prices over time. The value of a house is closely aligned with the economy of the country while the dollar does not.

What do you guys think? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

And you can't make LAND out of thin air. The amount of land itself is finite. 

Unless you believe you live in some digital universe like metaverse or something. Then we can create land out of thin air.

Housing price will always keep rising unless there are severe news like mortgage crisis or global disaster which cause the sentiment for housing to become negative. But that's very unlikely to occur. You see even with the Tech jobs retrenchment, Ukraine war or trade war or covid-19, you can see that price still rises because many people want to own a home, rather than rent (unless they had to). 

People who already owned a home would only want to sell it higher. It's human nature to be greedy and ask for a profit so price will always keep rising. 

Govt policies also affect housing price a lot. If govt suddenly opens up and allows more foreigners to invest in local's home, price will increase.

If you look at Hong Kong's housing price, price increased by about 3x since year 2000. So which country's housing price actually dropped from year 2000 to 2023? Pls enlighten me. It's gullible to wait for housing price to drop by much, you should be thankful if the price didn't increase further.