Someone here

Happiness /pleasure is more important than truth or whatever else

13 posts in this topic

I mentioned many times before that I struggle with chronic absence of pleasure as well as anxiety. Now here is where things get to me. They say that pleasure (our good moods) aren't all that important in life and that there is far greater meaning and joy one can have in their lives besides their good moods. They say pleasure is nothing more than some chemical feel-good sensation and that.. For this very reason.. it is nothing important and that there are far more meaningful and joyful things in life such as making the world a better place and other such moral obligations and moral duties. Or finding the ultimate Truth. 

But what these types of people fail to realize here are two things. I will explain the first. There is a big difference between the idea of something versus the experience of that said thing. I could say to you that physical pain is nothing bad at all and doesn't matter simply because it is nothing more than a chemical response in the brain. But if I were to take a saw and saw your arms and legs off, then imagine just how awful of an experience that would be for you.

As a matter of fact, I would actually consider this a form of mental health stigma against people who struggle with anxiety. They tell people to just deal with it simply because they think that anxiety is nothing more than some unpleasant chemical sensation in the brain. But little do they realize the actual experience of anxiety that this person is going through and just how awful and life-destroying this said experience is for him/her.

So you can see the difference here between the idea of something and the experience of it. So you could tell me all you want that my pleasure is nothing important at all, but little do you realize just how profound and great of an experience it is for me. In terms of the experience of pleasure, I wouldn't even describe it as pleasure because to do so would imply that it is nothing more than some pleasant sensation.

I would describe the experience as a completely divine magical sacred energy that fills my life with complete joy and meaning. No other experience in life ever compares to it. All other experiences in life are absolutely nothing in comparison. We are not talking pleasure here. We are talking an experience that is on a whole new plane of existence for me. So that is what my experience of my good moods are like for me. They are the very source of all joy and meaning in my life and are what give joy and meaning to everything else in my life.

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Your True Nature = Bliss/Happiness itself. The Source of it.

The nearer you get, the better you feel.

You will only rest when you are happy/blissfull, by definition. So how could being happy and free from anxiety not be important?

Maybe my last post is also interesting for you.

Water by the River

4 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Your True Nature = Bliss/Happiness itself. The Source of it.

The nearer you get, the better you feel.

You will only rest when you are happy/blissfull, by definition. So how could being happy and free from anxiety not be important?

Maybe my last post is also interesting for you.

Water by the River

I'm not conscious of that.  Perhaps you can help me awaken to the fact that what I am is happiness and that I don't need it from external sources. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

is as if you were configured by energy channels. many of these channels are folded in on themselves, they do not flow. you have to straighten them, they have to be arrows to infinity, not mazes with no exit.

you have to free yourself. there is no exterior and interior, only energetic configuration. you have to do some serious work with psychedelics, otherwise you're just going to wallow in your misery year after year.

29 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm not conscious of that.  Perhaps you can help me awaken to the fact that what I am is happiness and that I don't need it from external sources. 

You're happiness and all of the other stuff =/= you're the source of it and no one else. 

To be happiness is to be fully immersed in the experience of it. No room for anything else in the subjective field.

I agree that it's one of the most enjoyable and important places to spend time... But it's not more important than anything imo. 

Diversity is very important to growth and experience. And there's no escaping it. Even as a solipsist thinking all is you... The feelings and emotions arise in their own way on their own time given the circumstances you provide. 

- - - 

If you want happiness all the time... 

* plays training montage *

You've gotta do the work to arrive there and have the mindfulness to stay. 

Now... What about being happy to feel any kind of way at all? That's real gratitude and peace. And happy all of the time. :) 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

Pleasure and Love generate truth, as does Truth generate pleasure and Love, because they are the same thing

But Love is faster than Truth, because Love is a bit more closer to Truth than Truth is

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you have to free yourself. there is no exterior and interior, only energetic configuration. you have to do some serious work with psychedelics, otherwise you're just going to wallow in your misery year after year.

I can't do psychedelics for the next decade or so .so you can forget about it. xD

Actually I'm not saying that I'm suffering currently. I used to have anxiety back in the last year.  But since seeking medical help I improved a lot. 

I'm saying that happiness and enjoyment is the point of life .not anything else.  No matter how much  you talk about other important stuff ..what you are really seeking is happiness.  Or to put it more bluntly..pleasure. yes ! You are a pleasure rat .all you care about In fact is just pleasure.  Even seeking truth ..you seek truth because you seek the good feeling that comes from achieving it.  

@SourceCodo @amanen This  experience, right here, right now, pure magic, this now is the whole point! Have fun no matter what ..bla bla bla ..

that's my current attitude. I'm the happiness in the sense that when I meditate and detach from all the bullshit of everyday life ..I feel at peace . But that itself is a conditional happiness. Because I have to be meditating .so this utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a fairy tale.

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@SourceCodo @amanen This  experience, right here, right now, pure magic, this now is the whole point! Have fun no matter what ..bla bla bla ..

that's my current attitude. I'm the happiness in the sense that when I meditate and detach from all the bullshit of everyday life ..I feel at peace . But that itself is a conditional happiness. Because I have to be meditating .so this utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a fairy tale.

It's fairy tales all the way down. :) 

Buddha and subsequent Zen teachers pointed to the mind as source of all, and reflected on the need to detach from driving it. And that peace comes when your equilibrium is the same whether you're on the peak of joy or the valleys of hell. Being ok with not being ok. Nirvana. I agree w/you.

Pure faith. Pure, present awareness. Not focusing on feelings and what they mean to you.

Or he meant it was maybe all suffering, all the time. Deal with it. LOL

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

2 minutes ago, SourceCodo said:

It's fairy tales all the way down. :) 

Buddha and subsequent Zen teachers pointed to the mind as source of all, and reflected on the need to detach from driving it. And that peace comes when your equilibrium is the same whether you're on the peak of joy or the valleys of hell. Being ok with not being ok. Nirvana. I agree w/you.

Pure faith. Pure, present awareness. 

But, I think Queen articulated it better in the song. They represent Brahman with all those heads. 

Thank you.  I will contemplate on this .

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

you seek truth because you seek the good feeling that comes from achieving it.  

Not exactly that. Rather backwards. You always ve been searching the truth, but you didn't realized it . what you call pleasure is a search for truth, but an ineffective search. the drug addict seeks the truth, the miser, the rapist, the sadist. everyone is lost looking for the truth, for the love they lost.

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Not exactly that. Rather backwards. You always ve been searching the truth, but you didn't realized it . what you call pleasure is a search for truth, but an ineffective search. the drug addict seeks the truth, the miser, the rapist, the sadist. everyone is lost looking for the truth, for the love they lost.

Let's agree to disagree then :)

Those who can handle the truth can be the most happy because a lot of truth is ugly and not happy.

The truth is hard to digest. To be happy you do not need to be true. Truth is a lot harder to process. However, it is the truth that will set us free. It depends on the person. A lot of  people are happy not knowing or living in truth. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Learn cutting off (or seeing them for what they are, as objects moving in you) your separate self arisings (thoughts and feelings) in your mindstream. They will get/arise faster and faster, and you can see them emerging out of consciousness as consciousness, and being elaborated in language afterwards.

I had to read "Pointing out the Great Way," by Daniel Brown (chapters Skill of Reckognition and Yoga of Unelaboration) ten times plus to get it, and try a lot in implementing it. Pointing out the Great Way is a synthesis and summary of the Mahadmudra-System of Tibetan Buddhism.

If you learn to cut off these mental arisings, at first they get faster and faster (Skill of Reckognition). That is some kind of protection mechanism of the separate self/Ignorance/Maya. Look into their nature, they arise out of empty and aware consciousness, they are not separate from consciousness, and they return to consciousness.

But the tricks of the separate self mindstream arisings are limited, at some point you know all these separate self arisings (thoughts and feelings). 

The first shift comes when you can cut them all off and stay in the Awareness that you are (Skill of Reckognition). From that point onwards, bliss develops just from doing that. And later, it starts getting vast spaciousness and  nondual. And you realize the Always-Here-Mind (Yoga of Unelaboration). That You/Mind/Reality doesn't come and go on time, but is always here, eternal and fundamental.

And then you develop full Nonduality of the Visual Field as mere infinite appearance (Yoga of One Taste), and from there on fully "empty out" the separate self in Nonmeditation Yoga (Awakened Awareness being Reality itself).

Up until this first shift (Skill of Reckognition, see above), meditation can be pleasant or unpleasant. After this shift, you generate your own happiness, on the pillow and off the pillow. In Mahamudra its called the three special states of bliss, clarity and nonconceptual stillness. 

And try some Psychedelics as preview for Nonduality/infinite Visual Field of mere appearance, and to empty out/transcend the separate self. Just don't expect that you have enough time in these states to empty or transcend that last remnants of the separate self (very subtle feelings of individuality/separtness watching some kind of infinity) fully. If it all gets transcend permanently,  great and Namaste! But if you can't sustain that state sobre, maybe some separate self arisings still happen to cloud over the infinite mere appearance awareness-space that You are.

All the best ( :

Selling Water by the River

Edited by Water by the River