Davino

Sri Anandamayi Ma

183 posts in this topic

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

ma blessing.jpg

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Ma's instructions to seekers of Truth

In whatever circumstances God may place you at any time, cast aside distractions and be ever intent on the kindling of a spiritual atmosphere. The foundation for it is truthfulness in speech and conduct, patience and long-suffering.  

Depend on God in all matters.  

That all kinds of things occur on a pilgrimage is but natural; it is the rule of the world.'

ma blessing.jpg

One direction is that of the householder (Grihastha), another one is that of performing service with the knowledge that all is God.

There is yet another direction, where, in order to know yourself, and with that aim, you go forward on an unbroken path. 

“Only you exist, you and you alone. Truly I am contained in everything. Again, you are indeed That Itself. In all infinity is God and no other - I alone am. . . 

God alone Is; therefore, God itself speaks to itself for the sake of His own revelation. On the surface and in the deepest depths is none but God. In movement God is spontaneous movement, although ever remaining motionless, God is in perpetual motion. . .'in IT' everything exists, although there is nothing - one's own true Self, the Self reposing within Itself."

~ Anandamayi Ma

As she was moving from ward to ward of a hospital, she remarked:

"this also is a temple with God's images.

It is God who manifests in the shape of disease as well.

In every one of these temples the gods and goddesses are giving darshan.

The sense of want, of emptiness and one's true being are in exactly the same place

- in fact, they are That and That alone. 

What is this sense of want and what is "true being"? 

God and nothing but God. 

For the simple reason that there is one single seed (singularity), which is the tree as well as the seeds as well as all its various processes of transformation 

- truly the One Alone.

You attempt to appease want with want; hence want does not disappear, nor does the sense of want. 

When man awakens to the acute Consciousness of this sense of want, only then does spiritual inquiry become genuine. 

You must bear in mind that only when the sense of want becomes the sense of the want of Self-knowledge, does the real Quest begin. 

Whether you call it the One, the Two, God or the Infinite, whatever anyone may say, all is well.

~ MA Anandamayi.

Keep your thinking on a very high level; praise and blame, filth and sandal paste must become alike. 

Nothing in the world should be repulsive to you.
Look into our own heart and become repelled by the repulsion.

Divinity, is complete, whole, nothing whatsoever can be excluded from it. 

Thus, there are and must ever be new expressions according to the varying modes that are being manifested at different times and places.

Nothing without exception can be rejected or left out where Truth is revealed in its purity and Infinity in its wholeness.

Brindavan in this context means heaven.

Leela means play or game, the divine play of existence itself.

Now take a deep breath 🫁 and enjoy:

On 5/29/2024 at 10:35 AM, Davino said:

“Only you exist, you and you alone. Truly I am contained in everything. Again, you are indeed That Itself. In all infinity is God and no other - I alone am. . . 

God alone Is; therefore, God itself speaks to itself for the sake of His own revelation. On the surface and in the deepest depths is none but God. In movement God is spontaneous movement, although ever remaining motionless, God is in perpetual motion. . .'in IT' everything exists, although there is nothing - one's own true Self, the Self reposing within Itself."

~ Anandamayi Ma

Kind of reminds me of solipsism.

Question: People are asked to worship God, to sing His praise in hymns, to perform puja, to repeat constantly His name, and they do all this without knowing what God is. Will you please explain?

Answer: God is all-knowledge, and one cannot know God's true nature till one attains Self-Realisation. Then one will find God to be none other than oneself, the only I or Atman, the only Self there is, and that God is with form as Reality and without form as Chit, Pure Consciousness. 

In the meantime, prayers, worship and meditation have to be performed.

Question: How can our minds be free for prayer and meditation. When we are so burdened by work and family responsibilities? What should we do in that case?

Answer: Let the work be done of its own accord, without strain. Work without the feeling that it is you who are working. Take it as if it is God's work, done through you as His instrument. Now go do your work, God's Work. 

"There are so many ways of indicating the One underlying Reality. Yet no matter how much one says, it seems everything has been left unsaid."
 ~ Anandamayi Ma

What is Service?

If you serve human beings or animals as such, it is not pure service. 

But if you serve them with the thought that there is only the ONE, 

that by serving whomsoever, 

you are serving God in that particular guise, then and then only does it become real service. 

Since nothing exists really but the Supreme Being, one should serve THAT alone. 

Purity means Truth, that which IS. 

Essentially, whatever aids towards the realization of Truth may be called pure and whatever is apt to retard it, impure.

Posted (edited)

God is the Fountain of joy 

- Joy and Joy alone is God's Being.

A state exists in which there is only Bliss, Beatitude, Supreme Felicity.

At your level, 

joy has its opposite; 

you speak of the joys of heaven and 

the torments of hell.

But where there is Eternal Love 

- Love in its own right cannot be expressed.

It is entirely beyond such words as 

"what is or what is not?"

Edited by Davino

As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any distinction you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. 

~ Sri Anandamayi Ma

Posted (edited)

Here is an interesting conversation between the female enlightened sage Anandamayi Ma and a disciple...

Question: Suppose an atheist lives an ethical and righteous life. Is he on a lower level than a faithful devotee?

Ma Anandamayi : An ethical life purifies the mind. Even though one may have no faith in God, if one believes in some Superior Power or pursues a high ideal, this also will serve one's purpose. By living an ethical life, one progresses towards the realization of the Divine.

Through this Anandamayi Ma  too, like the Buddha and  female enlightened sage  Rajini Menon, states that an ethical and virtuous life, is a spiritual exercise in itself and is potent enough to bring about enlightenment on its own.

'Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.' ~ Buddha AN 10.1

I would say this showcases the importance of virtues and virtuous conduct as taught in the world religions and secular humanism, and shows that they are not mere abstract contrivances or limited to mere conditioning as the nihilist philosophy states them to be.

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

@Ajay0 She advised it as a requisite for God-Realization:

First of all, try to be a Real Human Being. MA

Shivapuri Baba also advised for right living, hand in hand with God Realization. It was one of his talks that inspired my signature.

However, right living by itself cannot lead to the ultimate God Realizations. History is full of virtuous beings, like Marcus Aurelius, which didn't realize God is all there ever is.

Cry for God

There are so many ways of indicating the One Godly Reality.

Yet no matter how much one says, it seems that everything has been left unsaid.