Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

589 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, axiom said:

Just to add my 2cents, which is probably worth more than 2cents ;-)

Everything is meaningless, including this.

Advaita is meaningless.

”God Realisation” is meaningless

”Consciousness” is meaningless.

All of “spirituality” is completely and utterly meaningless. 

“You” will gain nothing, absolutely nothing, from following any spiritual path. 

*All of it* is a completely pointless.

And beautifully so.

You sound like a brainwashed neo-advaitan who didn't take his medicine today.  At least make it sound like it's coming from your own brain.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Salvijus said:

U should've added, "it's only my opinion, and my understanding of meditation is really limited and incomplete, and no serious meditator agrees with my views on meditation" would've been a much more honest answer and wouldn't trigger people that much imo.

It's okey to have opinions. It's just that your opinions can easily be challenged and dismissed imo. My direct experience is enough to know everything u say about meditation is utterly wrong lol. That's why i feel very confident any serious meditator would come to the same conclusion...

which is in fact a very obvious and fair thing to say that no serious meditator agrees on your views on meditation. It's an easily provable statement. It calls for self reflection at the very least imo.

There's no such thing as a serious meditator.  It's a means to an end. Don't get attached to that either.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

37 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There's no such thing as a serious meditator.  It's a means to an end. Don't get attached to that either.  

Mhm...

Okey

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@Leo Gura this conversation looks like this 

u are wrong 

No u are wrong

No no u are wrong.

Lol.

The perception and understanding u have of spiritual topics is different then others which is fine. But unless u properly debate your views, it's just meaningless noise. ? quite toxic aswell 

Thats cuz debates are useless, when will you realize it?

puff the magic dragon

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Thats cuz debates are useless, when will you realize it?

puff the magic dragon

Never ? 

Im not in it for debates. I just do it aimlessly whenever im inspires to. It's hard to tell what is running it. As long as i remain concious and in tune with presence i don't care to question it deeply. It's a good training ground if u practice being present and observing your own ego games during these dramas. I can tell I've improved a lot compared to previous year or so.  In terms of staying concious and non violent and non toxic and open, not attacking anyone, and responding from a state of presence and not the ego. But still there's a lot of room for improvement. When things become hot and ego gets triggered... it takes some serious consciouness to be able to respond from a clean pure place lol. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Then that is your choice

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus Then shut up about acting like you know

He knows just fine.  Why dont you start thinking for yourself like he does before you cast judgement. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Thought Art mmm.... triggers... been there...

Fights can bring people closer sometimes :) (don't question me on that lol)

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Fights can bring people closer sometimes :) (don't question me on that lol)

Group hug :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Finnaly my expertise ? 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a reductionistic trap.

Yes, it could be seen that way.

Apparently.

33 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Don’t forget to hug yourself first ;-)

Apparently.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

There's criticism of nonduality from above, and from below. So watch out.

A few weeks ago, my therapist out of nowhere talked about Truth with a capital T (literally her own words). 

That blew my mind because out of the dozens of therapists I’ve seen in my lifetime, she’s the only one that’s ever mentioned Truth. 

@Salvijus I am Not triggered at all. 

You simply don’t know what you don’t know. 

Yet you come here and act like you do. 

A simple, obvious thing to do is say “I don’t know”. If I decide not to try a thing, then my own rule for myself is to shut up, stop acting like I know what I really don’t. And, accept the consequences that I am not willing to find out the truth of a thing. 

How would you know what 5meodmt does if you never tried it? You wouldn’t! This is so obvious but you guys come here and act like you know it. Not just 5meo but any psychedelic you haven’t tried. 

Even Qigong, Yoga, etc etc etc 

A lot of us are really steeped in ignorance and a lack of consciousness yet we act and think our opinions matter. It’s very funny. 

I also edited my post seconds after I posted it but someone quated my initial response.

It’s like you act as if you are an expert in a novel you never read. 

I am working on maintaining a kind tone, just like I hope we all do.

But, sometimes something is just your choice. If you choose ignorance of a thing, then, acknowledge that instead of demonizing those who do have knowledge of that thing. To speak of that which you have no experience is complete foolishness. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

A few weeks ago, my therapist out of nowhere talked about Truth with a capital T (literally her own words). 

That blew my mind because out of the dozens of therapists I’ve seen in my lifetime, she’s the only one that’s ever mentioned Truth. 

Some therapists are advanced.

Although I doubt she actually knows what Truth is. You could ask her and it will be very clear.

Be ware of people who mouth the right words but don't actually have direct experience of what they are talking about.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Juan  Honestly, I'm starting to lose trust not just in humanity, but in people that colour their hairs, and claim themselves 'Enlightened'. Now I'm starting to see why hairs on a person's head can be an evil influence. Destiny fucking bluing his hair, Frank Yang bluing his hair, some other liberal bluing their hairs...It's hard not to cringe when my favorite colour is getting this level of disrespectful usage.

I saw a funny meme. A girl with coloured hair shows up to the therapist. The therapist calls their wife "Honey, we are going to be rich!" just joking of course.

Enlightenment, spirituality, etc are buzz words for a good chunk of our culture.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"