Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

TYT knows that people vote base on gut feelings and emotions more so than on policy

10 posts in this topic

I just realized that I've never really seen progressives debate or talk with moderate Democrats about policy, except on an official debate stage like in 2016 when it was Clinton vs. Sanders or Biden vs. Sanders. So, I looked on Youtube to find any progressives commentators out there who have debated or have had a conversation with moderate Democrats about policy.

I actually stumbled upon a vid from TYT from 2016 on Cenk, Ana, John, and Jimmy talk about why conservative and moderate Democratic voters vote for moderate, conservative, and establishment Democratic politicians even when they point out why a progressive like Bernie has better policies than someone like Clinton or Obama.

In this vid, Cenk explains that the reasons for this are because most people don't follow politics as much as progressives do, aren't as informed about various political issues as progressives are, vote more based on their own emotions and gut feelings about each candidate, prefer to stick with their own opinions and biases instead of changing them even when confronted with facts (especially when your in a country allows freedom of speech, freedom of the press, individuality rights, liberty etc.).

These are the very same reasons that Leo gave as to why progressives usually don't win elections

So, why progressives such as Cenk also like to keep saying every time a progressive loses an election that it was because of the media, the establishment, corporations, or unfair political schemes that caused them to lose?

The vast majority of voters are people in their 40's+ that have literally never googled anything about who or what platform they are voting for in the first place, and they probably don't even know how to google if you asked them. They are voting based off their peer group and how much they like a candidate. Policy and all that is almost completely irrelevant to running a successful campaign. What matters most is having a good candidate that has some charisma and a few nice talking points they can bully into the narrative without getting derailed too often.

hrhrhtewgfegege

56 minutes ago, Roy said:

The vast majority of voters are people in their 40's+ that have literally never googled anything about who or what platform they are voting for in the first place, and they probably don't even know how to google if you asked them. They are voting based off their peer group and how much they like a candidate. Policy and all that is almost completely irrelevant to running a successful campaign. What matters most is having a good candidate that has some charisma and a few nice talking points they can bully into the narrative without getting derailed too often.

I know that, but that's not what I am asking. 

I am asking why is it that every time a progressive loses an election progressives like TYT and Secular Talk say that the will of the people was subverted in some way by the media, the establishment, corporations, underhanded tactics from the DNC, etc.?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill My understanding and honest observation on this is that progressives have a more pervasive mentality of entitlement and righteousness about their agenda and place in the world, while Conservatives and moderate leaning people are generally more secure with themselves and the world around them.

Notice how the most extreme progressives live and perceive reality and society on the edge, and in the worst cases are delusional. While Conservatives are trying to hold onto and occupy a framework that already actually existed, and is at worst inappropriately outdated.

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 hours ago, Roy said:

@Hardkill My understanding and honest observation on this is that progressives have a more pervasive mentality of entitlement and righteousness about their agenda and place in the world, while Conservatives and moderate leaning people are generally more secure with themselves and the world around them.

Notice how the most extreme progressives live and perceive reality and society on the edge, and in the worst cases are delusional. While Conservatives are trying to hold onto and occupy a framework that already actually existed, and is at worst inappropriately outdated.

So, we should all have the mindset of a moderate?

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, we should all have the mindset of a moderate?

We've always gotta push for change, but be realistic about what can actually happen in the near future and with the resources we have. And what people are willing to accept and cooperate with.

This is where progressives shoot themselves in the foot, they are arrogant and always wondering why everyone else isn't willing to change things as quickly as them.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 minute ago, Roy said:

We've always gotta push for change, but be realistic about what can actually happen in the near future and with the resources we have. And what people are willing to accept and cooperate with.

Then, would you say that being moderately liberal is the most practical ideology for pushing for effective progress?

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Then, would you say that being moderately liberal is the most practical ideology for pushing for effective progress?

Yea that's probably the most boring answer, but sometimes that's the most correct one. Basic liberalism is usually the most successful in democratic type systems. Of course if we are talking about autocracies and other things the playing field is totally different.

hrhrhtewgfegege

49 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yea that's probably the most boring answer, but sometimes that's the most correct one. Basic liberalism is usually the most successful in democratic type systems. Of course if we are talking about autocracies and other things the playing field is totally different.

I see.

Well, I am worried about the millions of poor people and minorities out there who will continue to suffer from the structural problems and injustices we still have in our country.

26 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, I am worried about the millions of poor people and minorities out there who will continue to suffer from the structural problems and injustices we still have in our country.

Make a career that directly impacts their lives then, that's what makes a real difference. Politics is a waste of time and not a guarantee for anything.

You know what is a guarantee? Volunteering at a soup kitchen, you could literally go tomorrow and make an immediate difference in someone's live.

Don't listen to people who just talk talk talk talk and yap yap yap. Be a doer.

hrhrhtewgfegege