Consept

Do You Have To Work Out Psychological Issues Before Self Actualising?

5 posts in this topic

When i stumbled on the gurus and channels like Leos it struck me that i could transcend my 'issues' by following certain things and cultivating habits that increase my awareness. Without going into it too much ive always had issues with anxiety and ocd, since taking this path ive had times when ive pretty much been free of these issues or at least become so excepting of them that they didnt cause any problems or symptoms. 

But it would always come back despite how much i learnt about it or why its there and how to get rid of it. So after talking to a friend about it, i realised that there were a lot of things that happened in my childhood that could lead to it overpowering me sometimes. So my question is do you have to deal with these issues, as in delve into your past or is it possible to be free of them by meditating, building up awareness etc? 

@Consept Strong forms of meditation would wipe all that issues away in years. But it is much more synergetic, comfotable, easy and faster to meditate and in parallel do the psychotherapy on your own or with professional or good people help. Awareness and mindfullness gains from meditation would greatly speed up your psychotherapy. 

If the major part of neurotic stuff is gone and anxiety is still there, you'll have to balance powerfull self actualization techniques so that they do not burn you up.

Edited by Alex K

This is like solving a runny nose. It will come back because the virus is not solved. Are you feeling ready to solve the virus? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Consept Working out psychological issues IS self-actualizing.

We call carry a bag of shit around with us, some more, some less. Working through it is what grows you.

Just don't get too caught up in making the motivation for this work negative. You should be self-actualizing for positive reasons, but in the process you'll have plenty of negative personal shit to clear up.

For example: if you have depression, don't make "not being depressed any more" your goal. Your goal must be bigger than that. But as you self-actualize, of course you'll need to address your depression. But you're doing that because it holds you back from achieving your bigger goal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.