Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_engineer

'How America took out the Nord Stream pipeline'

7 posts in this topic

I call bullshit.

All this from a single anonymous source?

This is not serious journalism. This is conspiracy level thinking.

@aurum From what I've heard, Seymour Hersh is an OG investigative journalist, of a time before the corrupting of mainstream media. 

11 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@aurum From what I've heard, Seymour Hersh is an OG investigative journalist, of a time before the corrupting of mainstream media. 

Mainstream media is overall less corrupt than Hersh.

Yes, he did some good work like 50 years ago with Vietnam. But he has gone into some weird territory since then.

That's the problem with an anti-mainstream, anti-authoritarian, anti-government bias that Hersh seems to have developed. You start to see conspiracies everywhere, and then you can give theories a pass because you think you are doing critical thinking. But in reality you are just unconscious of your own conspiratorial, anti-mainstream bias.

Of course the government can do shady or heavily biased things. But don't think just because you are accusing the government of doing something corrupt that you are not actually the corrupt one. It's more convoluted than that. Bias affects ALL parties, and that includes independent media and fringe investigative journalism that claim to be the uncorrupt ones. And in many cases, the bias is actually stronger coming from these fringe sources.

5 hours ago, aurum said:

Mainstream media is overall less corrupt than Hersh.

Mainstream media is state-sponsored. Hersh is not. 

So, the MSM may not be 'corrupt' by the government's definition. But, if you look at it and use your own mind, isn't that corruption?! I would be very interested to see you rationalize how it's not technically 'corruption' and how they're doing the work of God by being a mouthpiece for the government. 

I know, I'm quoting 'Fox News' and that's very bad, I get it. But, I'm quoting Victoria Nuland herself, not Tucker Carlson. She did threaten to destroy Nord Stream in Jan 2022, 1 year ago. Then, in September 2022, they did it. 

5 hours ago, aurum said:

Yes, he did some good work like 50 years ago with Vietnam. But he has gone into some weird territory since then.

That's the problem with an anti-mainstream, anti-authoritarian, anti-government bias that Hersh seems to have developed. You start to see conspiracies everywhere, and then you can give theories a pass because you think you are doing critical thinking. But in reality you are just unconscious of your own conspiratorial, anti-mainstream bias.

Of course the government can do shady or heavily biased things. But don't think just because you are accusing the government of doing something corrupt that you are not actually the corrupt one. It's more convoluted than that. Bias affects ALL parties, and that includes independent media and fringe investigative journalism that claim to be the uncorrupt ones. And in many cases, the bias is actually stronger coming from these fringe sources.

You know what? You're right. The government is always right, the mainstream is always right. All hail the supreme US government. Let's present our asses to them on a silver platter for them to spank. And anyone who questions the mainstream, that's the 'corrupt' one! 

Edited by mr_engineer