Victor van Rijn

Clear critical analysis of 'woke' culture

231 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Well first of I agree with your first statement although I don't agree with what you actually mean. I think the Austria mandate was some Hitler stuff. But the public space stuff is just common sense to require vaccination during a pandemic, it's what every surviving society has done with things like quarantines all the way back to the beginning of history.

That's like saying they're intolerant of speeders on the highway, or bad drivers.

If there were a vaccine that insulated you from accidents, I would most definitely fight for my right to speed. Even if it got me into an accident! 

If I get into an accident and you're vaccinated against it, it's none of your business. 

To take away people's rights and body-sovereignty like this, is to treat them like children. Even if you see them as 'less evolved', they're adults and they have rights. If you take them away, you will see more insurrection-like incidents. 

Edited by mr_engineer

@something_else

29 minutes ago, something_else said:

Saying that “all wokeism is authoritarianism” is false.

Saying that “all authoritarianism is communism” is false.

Saying that “all communism is authoritarian” is false. 

Saying that “there were authoritarian implementations of communism in the past” is true.

So I have no idea how you are concluding that “wokeism is communism”, it highlights your bias a lot to make a statement like that

This post is just false.

10 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

@Devin I just like memes 

I guess robert anton wilson was an idiot ?

68747470733a2f2f757373722e77696e2f70686f746f2f37613263376633662d393531312d343135612d383138612d3761323930383437626463392e6a7067.jpg

“In such a deception network, conspiracies proliferate. Rumor is necessary, it has been found, when people cannot find “official” news sources to be trusted to tell them what’s really going on.”

have mercy !

I m more of this side :

68747470733a2f2f757373722e77696e2f636c6f75642f726f62657274616e746f6e77696c736f6e7261772f7261775f71756f74655f70725f64656d6f6372612e6a706567.jpg

I M NOT LIBERTARIAN

but I m definitely anti corruption, and all govs are corrupted right now, or way too much to my taste.

the life of every politicians shall be on a twitch permanent livestream, every words, their privacy shall not exists, the rule of the gov is to serv people, but they always serv themself first.

this way they would be servants of the people and not lie as much :D 

guess they won't like this idea, the reverse is better !

I agree with the first anton quote, the second one is self contradicting.

13 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@something_else Again, you're talking about it in theory, in terms of ideas. I'm talking about it in practice, in terms of what they did. Please, apply your concepts to reality, see what it amounts to and then see how others perceive those actions. 

So in practice, you think that “wokeism is communism”? Would you describe Stalin or Mao as wokeists, then?

6 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

If there were a vaccine that insulated you from accidents, I would most definitely fight for my right to speed. Even if it got me into an accident! 

If I get into an accident and you're vaccinated against it, it's none of your business. 

The problem with Covid is mutations, it's a societal problem, not a personal one. Society is one car.

Edited by Devin

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@something_else

This post is just false.

Ehm, care to explain…? If you take the actual definitions of all of those words as far as I’m aware everything I wrote is true

4 minutes ago, something_else said:

So in practice, you think that “wokeism is communism”? Would you describe Stalin or Mao as wokeists, then?

All communism is not wokeism, but all wokeism is communism. 

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

The problem with Covid is mutations, it's a societal problem, not a personal one.

This is wokeism. For all of you asking about 'how is this a social-justice issue?!' This is how!! 'It's a societal problem'. The collective becomes more important than the individual and the individual has to sacrifice themselves completely for the 'collective'. Because body-sovereignty is as fundamental of a human right as human rights get. 

Do your part and shut up. If you care so much about this, get your vax and shut the fuck up. Is that clear?! 

Edited by mr_engineer

2 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

All communism is not wokeism, but all wokeism is communism. 

This is wokeism. For all of you asking about 'how is this a social-justice issue?!' This is how!! 'It's a societal problem'. 

Anti vax is the social justice issue, government wants the vax.

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Anti vax is the social justice issue, government wants the vax.

The government is getting its way because of the woke people. The conservative side is being reasonably conservative with a vax that got developed oddly quickly and got rolled out under emergency acts, that give the companies indiscriminate power to put in whatever cheap substance they get into the vax to get a quick profit. 

It's because people like Leo censor reasonable discussion on issues like body-sovereignty, that the government gets their way. Own your sins, Leo!! 

Edited by mr_engineer

3 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

All communism is not wokeism, but all wokeism is communism

Mate communism is an economic political system, wokeism is mainly about social injustice, race issues, gender issues or any issues related to typically marginalised groups. The two are only loosely overlapping terms/groups at most.

Saying “all wokeism is communism” is Olympic level mental gymnastics. Some of the most wokeist people are likely running profitable businesses in silicone valley and other such places

@something_else I'm telling you one last time, stop looking at theory and start looking at the practical reality. The silicon-valley types will say 'they're woke' in theory, but in practice, they're capitalists. Ditch the theory, look at the practical reality of what the woke people do. 

'Social justice' is a very loose, abstract concept. The way SJWs go about doing their thing, is very communist! 'We're the have-nots, you're the haves, so you have to compromise for us'. 

13 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

The government is getting its way because of the woke people. The conservative side is being reasonably conservative with a vax that got developed oddly quickly and got rolled out under emergency acts, that give the companies indiscriminate power to put in whatever cheap substance they get into the vax to get a quick profit. 

You consider Iran non conservative? Russia?

I see you edited a previous post, I'm not familiar with India's mandates but I previously said Austria's was gross overreach, they had a blanket mandate that everyone be vaxxed, I disagree with that mandate. that's authoritarian, not woke though, anti vax is the woke side of the argument despite what players are on what side.

I'll give you an example that may not translate to India, I think it was 5 months ago or so, I walk into a vegan cafe in a major city in the states, what's the bookshelf full of? HUGE anti vaccine books. You can't just lump people together like political tribes.

Edited by Devin

@Devin Everyone follows the West, really. That's how underdeveloped countries work. They just have less developed and more authoritarian ethics. But, the West has more authoritarian systems, because the governments in the West have way better and way more wide-spread tech. 

Just now, mr_engineer said:

@Devin Everyone follows the West, really. That's how underdeveloped countries work. They just have less developed and more authoritarian ethics. But, the West has more authoritarian systems, because the governments in the West have way better and way more wide-spread tech. 

Fairly true, I agree the mandates are authoritarian-esque by the way, I'm not arguing they're not.

3 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@something_else I'm telling you one last time, stop looking at theory and start looking at the practical reality. The silicon-valley types will say 'they're woke' in theory, but in practice, they're capitalists. Ditch the theory, look at the practical reality of what the woke people do. 

'Social justice' is a very loose, abstract concept. The way SJWs go about doing their thing, is very communist! 'We're the have-nots, you're the haves, so you have to compromise for us'. 

It isn’t communist. It’s just factually wrong to say that. Communism is an economic political system. Wokeism, or caring about social justice, is not comparable to it. 

You can be pretty woke, and care about social justice, while running a company. My bosses are a great example.

Being woke doesn’t make you a communist, it just means you care about societal wellbeing and social issues, which is not communism.

@something_else Then why did they mandate the vax just because their favorite government said so?! Why did they go with the social-credit health-system?! Woke people will do that, if it gets them their way. 

And, this also translates to economics. The government destroyed small businesses in the pandemic by using lockdowns, and the woke commies supported that!! Because they're commies. And they want the government to have more and more power and 'hold businesses accountable for social justice'. So, when the vax came along, they just followed the same pattern. Because the government is always on your side, right?! Because they're the 'democrats'. 

And, we also have social-credit freedom of speech now. Pro-vax people get to talk, anti-vax people get censored. 

And, on the economic side, you don't get to have a job if you're not jabbed. Why does the government get to dictate what you do for a living, if it's ethical?! 

Break this pattern. 

Edited by mr_engineer

3 minutes ago, something_else said:

It isn’t communist. It’s just factually wrong to say that. Communism is an economic political system. Wokeism, or caring about social justice, is not comparable to it. 

You can be pretty woke, and care about social justice, while running a company. My bosses are a great example.

Being woke doesn’t make you a communist, it just means you care about societal wellbeing and social issues, which is not communism.

They conflate wokeism and progressives to try to drown the appearance of any sincere effort.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

I embody those precisely because I am not a Christian.

There is not a single Christian who knows what Love is.

This is a little overkill. I have met a Christian who showed me some Love.

2 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

@something_else Then why did they mandate the vax just because their favorite government said so?! Why did they go with the social-credit health-system?! Woke people will do that, if it gets them their way. 

And, this also translates to economics. The government destroyed small businesses in the pandemic by using lockdowns, and the woke commies supported that!! Because they're commies. And they want the government to have more and more power and 'hold businesses accountable for social justice'. So, when the vax came along, they just followed the same pattern. Because the government is always on your side, right?! Because they're the 'democrats'. 

And, we also have social-credit freedom of speech now. Pro-vax people get to talk, anti-vax people get censored. 

And, on the economic side, you don't get to have a job if you're not jabbed. Why does the government get to dictate what you do for a living, if it's ethical?! 

Break this pattern. 

@mr_engineer Where do you get these views from mate?

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works