Alta

Gender and sex. How the f you enlighten people?

55 posts in this topic

@Thought Art Nowadays because people are not creating balance within themselves they seek their other part the counter energy in other people.

The spiritual principles underlying the concept of masculine and feminine energy is that our divine nature as humans is to seek balance between both energies so we can create a state of harmonious balance within ourselves. When people do not create a balance within themselves, they may turn to their partner to try and find an external source to balance out their energy. This can lead to an unhealthy dynamic in the relationship, where one partner is seen as the holder of the "masculine" energy, or the other as the holder of the "feminine" energy. This can lead to a situation where partners take on certain roles and responsibilities depending on the energy they provide, and are not always seen or treated as equals, and from here the gender stereotypes stem from. An overly masculine man may feel the need to always prove himself, be in control, and act in a dominating or aggressive way. An overly feminine woman may feel the need to place her needs or desires for the sake of others, be taken advantage of, or suppress her true feelings. 

So what I'm trying to say is that the balance of these energies within any individual is essential, and understanding which aspects of ourselves need nourishing is the key to personal growth and happiness. There are images of saints who have transcended the binary genders.

Also there is animation on youtube called ENA which is a masterpiece, the character ENA is neither a boy or a girl, she includes both of them. 

@Alta I agree with what your saying. There is a healthy balance of your feminine and masculine energies as an ideal. However, a masculine leaning woman would want a vibe with a masculine leaning man. Likely. 

Obviously healthy expression of the dualities, healthy balance, etc

None of this is simple 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Alta I agree with what your saying. There is a healthy balance of your feminine and masculine energies as an ideal. However, a masculine leaning woman would want a vibe with a masculine leaning man. Likely. 

Obviously healthy expression of the dualities, healthy balance, etc

None of this is simple 

@Thought Art I'd actually say the opposite, I'd expect a more masculine leading woman to want a more feminine leading man

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Ulax Yes, that’s what I meant to say

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

@Thought Art I'd actually say the opposite, I'd expect a more masculine leading woman to want a more feminine leading man

I've been pondering this. Of course there are some stereotypes that masculine woman tend to be with feminine or submissive guys, but on the other hand I decided to entertain the idea that females ultimately might have like an innate desire to be with masculine force. If there was no social conditioning at all on the behalf of masculine woman, would she still want a masculine man? 

@Alta I resonate with that too. I think even a masculine leaning woman, may still want a masculine man. Her masculine energy may still be feminine masculine compared to a man.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Just now, Alta said:

I've been pondering this. Of course there are some stereotypes that masculine woman tend to be with feminine or submissive guys, but on the other hand I decided to entertain the idea that females ultimately might have like an innate desire to be with masculine force. If there was no social conditioning at all on the behalf of masculine woman, would she still want a masculine man? 

@Alta I think there is a difference when it comes to relationships compared to casual sex.

Imo, masculine men are way more attractive to generally all women when it comes to causal sex. Its probably one of the beliefs I'm the most confident about in my life.

With regards to relationships is more where i think the idea of opposite polarities attracting play out.

Be-Do-Have

Do what works

@Ulax yeah idk. Masculinity and femininity have various degrees, layers, dualities, contexts, and mixtures. Hard to say what a really masculine man is. A masculine man, may actually be feminine in ways. These things tend to go full circle.

◭"89"

@Thought Art I disagree actually.

I think the masculine penetrates reality and the feminine flows with reality. The masculine is more about control whilst the feminine is more about accepting imo.

Be-Do-Have

Do what works

@Ulax Disagree with what? I read what you say and agree ahah Though only relatively so. Masculinity contains in it masculine and feminine dualities as does femininity. Sort of infinite spiraling thing going on. 

Sometimes the most masculine thing to do is embody a feminine quality. Like, sages and Buddhas have historically been men… yet, these are very feminine ways of being.  

Plus there is this social construct thing going on as well. Different cultures have relative expressions and understandings of these dualities. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art About it being hard to say what a masculine man really is.

Also, I don't think its masculine to embody a feminine quality, I think that is feminine. Being a man doesn't make you masculine imo. 

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Do what works

Gender labels are good from a societal standpoint. They're practical. They keep things in order. They're useful. But they are not entirely accurate. Just because it's useful doesn't mean it's based on truth.

Sexual attraction is too nuanced and fluid to really be put in boxes. You will always find some small instance where you're like "OMG did that really just turn me on... but I thought I was attracted to something else.. how is this possible??" and then your brain malfunctions because you convinced yourself that gender always comes in strict labels and boxes.

It reminds me of animals that are classed as herbivores, but will eat animals in favorable situations, like deers eating birds and squirrels. The label herbivore is useful, but not entirely truthful to the nature of the animal.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

@Ulax That’s interesting. We have some differences of opinion. I see masculine and feminine as two side of the same coin. They are ultimately the same thing, just two sides of it. 

To me, to reach your full masculinity is to also have some feminine qualities. As, a man who is educated  in my eyes is a holistic systems thinker, someone who is wise, sees how things connect… and more but these things are considered feminine cognition. A healthy masculinity contains some feminine elements.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Okay then I now have a vagina 

like a physical hole with a womb and everything. I can give birth and the whole jam. Just cuz I socially changed my identity.

Whatever you say. ??

4 hours ago, Osaid said:

Gender labels are good from a societal standpoint. They're practical. They keep things in order. They're useful. But they are not entirely accurate. Just because it's useful doesn't mean it's based on truth.

Sexual attraction is too nuanced and fluid to really be put in boxes. You will always find some small instance where you're like "OMG did that really just turn me on... but I thought I was attracted to something else.. how is this possible??" and then your brain malfunctions because you convinced yourself that gender always comes in strict labels and boxes.

It reminds me of animals that are classed as herbivores, but will eat animals in favorable situations, like deers eating birds and squirrels. The label herbivore is useful, but not entirely truthful to the nature of the animal.

Exceptions are allowed to exist. It doesn't mean 99% of the time is false. 1% of the time it's different. It's literally an exception to the rule. 

If something is right or works for 99% of the time, then it's worth considering it as truth, atleast in the relative domain.